• Published 13th Jul 2022
  • 438 Views, 14 Comments

Remembrance - Jamie Wolf



Spike takes a cruise back from a far away land. He faces memories and emotions he didn't think he was ready for, along with old friends and new advice.

  • ...
5
 14
 438

Heat

Author's Note:

Hi everyone! Slight edit to the original chapter. I wanted this story to be more accessible with the sequel I'm writing. Sorry for those who have already read it!
Here is the original NSFW https://www.fimfiction.net/story/528046/remembrance-explicit-chapter

Rarity awoke in the darkness of the room alone. Her eyes took a few moments to adjust into the pitch-black void in front of her. Once she could see relative shapes and sizes of things around, she timidly rubbed her eyes and let out a tiny yawn. She realized that her extravagant dream of lovemaking and happily ever after were only such a dream as she pushed the pillow between her legs away. Had he really not stayed? Rarity wondered in her mind at why Spike would leave her. Part of her felt unknowing admiration for Spike’s abstinence with her vulnerability, and yet a larger part was wishing he was here, now, pushing her back into the bed and tenderly kissing her like before.

Had they kissed before?

Was that also part of her dream? It couldn’t be, right? Rarity was laying in his bed which she so vividly remembered being in and holding the dragon as they danced with each other. She threw the sheets off her body and crawled to the edge of the enormous bed. Her hooves daintily rested against the carpet as the colder air of the night tickled her hairs. Rarity felt her sorrow growing as the room was devoid of her dream dragon. He must have left her while she dozed off. She stuck her bottom lip out to pout before realizing nopony was here to witness it. She let her demeanor disappear into the sunken and tired eyes that reflected her body. It was no secret that Rarity was getting older. Sure, she was only twenty-six, but the stress of being a CEO, fashion icon, and celebrity along with advisor to the princess was building up. She ached; not just from exhaustion, but from the lack of somepony to come home to. Rarity wanted to walk through the door and nor matter how hard the day was, her man would be there to listen and rub her shoulders. Rarity was tired of being alone.

She walked to the floor-to-ceiling windows and stared out at the softly illuminated deck below. She saw the hot tub was occupied by a centaur and a smaller pony. The pony was black, and Rarity thought she caught the face of High Fashion. Not surprising. They were both sitting on the same side of the pool and scooting closer with every minute. Rarity rolled her eyes and gave them the privacy they thought they had.

Just as she turned to the door to begin leaving, it slowly creaked open. She froze in place, partly out of panic, partly of curiosity. Had Spike come back to claim her? Or was it an intruder looking for the hero of Norfandia? She readied herself, but kept silent. Suddenly, a tender voice spoke in the darkness. It was soft and almost impossible to notice, but Rarity strained to listen.

“C’mon Spike, tell her. You got it. Deserve to be happy, just tell her.”

Rarity felt light-headed. Was he really coming to confess to me? Her heart played hopscotch while her breath caught in her throat. She had no idea what she was supposed to be doing while he entered. She quickly decided to jump on the bed and see what happened.

Before the door swung fully inward, she crawled across the sheets and lay on the pillow she woke from. The creaking slowed as the latch clicked and soft footsteps approached. The weight of the bed shifted as the dragon sat behind her. Rarity pursed her lips and shut her eyes in anticipation.

“Rare? You up?” The voice came barely above a whisper. In her panic, Rarity froze. She heard Spike sigh and felt his claw ever so gently brush her ear. She wanted to lean into him, but kept her position.

“Rarity, I know you may not hear this. Maybe you’re not supposed to. But I have to say it.” His claw traced the back of her ear and began running up her neck gently. She involuntarily shivered, but if Spike noticed then he did nothing to indicate.

“I think… well, no. I know how I feel Rarity. I remember all those years ago when we met. My giddish love was so… deplorable.” He let out a chuckle. Rarity felt herself smile as she remembered too; the young drake desperate for her attention was more endearing than any suitor since. “The thing is Rare; I don’t think I ever stopped having that giddish love. I think it just went to hide for a little. In fact, it was one of the only things that kept me going out there. Sometimes you were the only reason I smiled. Four years went by, and I never stopped remembering you. I guess you were my remembrance. Remembrance of good in the world, why I was fighting, and who it was for.”

Spike rubbed her neck gently and Rarity bit on her lip. Tears were spilling sideways from her eyes as the gravity of laying on her bed drew them forward.

“I thought to myself a few times what it’d be like if we met now; if we were both older and had gone through so much. I said to myself that maybe I’d have a chance, maybe you’d love me too. But I wouldn’t be here, now, if I hadn’t known you. And that is not a trade I would make in a million years. In a hundred million. I am who I am because of the memories I have with you. There’s nothing worth more than that.”

Rarity choked back a sob as Spike caressed her mane. It must have startled him as she felt his claw pause. Then, everything Rarity had ever wanted came. Spike shifted on the bed and wrapped his arms around her. She sank into him and let out her tears as she clutched his firm embrace. His mouth found its way to kiss her cheek which she knew was soaked from tears.

“Spi—Spike.” She cried out. Her heart was twisted in love and pain. She had never felt such conviction as now.

“Rare, hey. It’s okay. It’s okay, I’m here.” She felt Spike’s arms tighten around her enough to squeeze her comfortably. She let out another sob as she buried her head in his shoulder.

“Spikey, I never—I’m so sorry I couldn’t—”

“Shhh, Rarity, it’s alright.” He pressed his head into hers. Slowly, he drew back so Rarity’s tear-blurred eyes met his. She smiled and went to wipe the mascara trail.

“Celestia, I look like a mess.” She coughed out a laugh. Spike smiled down to her and stroked her cheek.

“Best mess I’ve ever seen.”

Rarity blushed and turned bashfully away.

“Spike. I want you to know… me too.” She glanced over to him. Rarity saw the confused look on his face, and she faced him again.

“I love you too Spikey. That giddish love? I feel that too.” She saw his face turn from confusion to joy as his mouth cricked into a smile.

“Really? Since when!” He grinned to her.

“I think… I think a long time. But I only realized it that night I put you to sleep. There was something about your silly smile and charming personality that set my heart flittering. You were the only one I wanted to be with that night.”

“Rare… that’s the night I fell for you… again.” He spoke quietly. Rarity rolled her eyes dramatically and smiled

“Oh, my goodness! Can you imagine if we had just said so then?” She said loudly in contrast to the reverent tones that were dominant before.

“Then we might not be here.” Spike chuckled. He gently urged Rarity to scoot closer.

“Mmm? And why is here so important?” She closed her eyes again in anticipation.

“Because I needed you tonight, Rarity. I need you. I always have, always will.” He whispered into her ear. Rarity smiled and hummed softly.

“I need you too, Spike.”

They sat again, the same place they were in her dreams; but surely it was not a dream before, nor was it now. Rarity leaned forward to bump her muzzle with his snout and gestured for him to raise his head. He complied. She held herself millimeters from his mouth, waiting and allowing for him to seal the deal.

The two hovered patiently for a moment on each other. They both wanted so badly to express themselves. Spike let it happen.
He pushed against her firmly and kissed her with all the love he could afford. Rarity matched his struggle with her own passion.
The two of them held each other close and leaned into the desperation and craving they felt. Fireworks lit behind both of their hearts as all the tension of years past released in one firm action. Spike Held Rarity close and squeezed her body gently. This was all he had ever wanted.
They marveled in each other's presence for the better part of the darkened night. Somewhere in their heated dance, Rarity had grown slump against Spike's firm hold. He gently pulled her back as she let a soft moan out. Her eyes fluttered for a moment and closed again. She smiled.
"Spikey, I'm sorry." She yawned out. He grinned to her and kissed the soft forehead of the mare he loved.
"Don't be. We'll always have tomorrow."
"You're too perfect." She sighed. Spike held a laugh in as she almost instantly passed out. He lay her down against his arm and held her tightly. The two of them sat quietly in the dark room, only Rarity's breathing interrupted the silence.
"Love you Rare. I always will."

Comments ( 4 )

This is the best Sparity fic I've read in quite some time. Really hope it gets more attention than it has so far.

11331518
Awwwwe thank you so much that genuinely warms my heart :) I am so glad you enjoyed! Thank you for the feedback <3

It is great, but you really might want to go back and CTRL+F on minotaur and replace it with centaur on every chapter if the site will let you.

11343663
I will! Just slowly making my way through. Thanks for the read and feedback!

Login or register to comment