• Published 30th Dec 2022
  • 356 Views, 205 Comments

Dark Alliance: A Kirin's Tale - Blackdrag-rose



Rain Shine, seeking a lost Kirin, ends up in a new world, in a city hounded by a dark and foul alliance, and joins three adventurers on their quest to set things right.

  • ...
2
 205
 356

PreviousChapters
Epilogue: Adventure's End

After spending quite a long time in Ponyville, learning about what was going on and getting an idea of how many of the various races were missing, Rain had escorted her friends back to the portal linking this world to their world before allowing those who knew what to do to link the portal to a portal frame. It was a lot like the gates that she and her first three friends had used to get around the world, tracking down Eldrith and her dark alliance, though Rain had made sure to track down the one Mordoc had used to get inside the Tower and seized it, so no one else could use it. All one had to do was walk through the magical portal and it would take them to whatever world was on the other side, where the green dragon that had used his magic to bind Discord's portal to a frame told them that usually these were used to move dragons from one part of a land to another. It just told her that the residents of Equus were incorporating all sorts of information into their world to make things far better and easier, but she did make sure to link her friends' side to a gateway inside her tower, since it was the safest place for such a thing.

Once she was sure that her friends were back home, so they could go about their lives for a while and see what sort of tales were told about her, Rain and Autumn returned to the Kirin settlement, where they discovered that everyone was happy to see them, despite their initial reaction towards their brand new forms.

"Lady Rain Shine? Autumn Blaze?" one of the Kirin inquired, as she couldn't believe her eyes, something that many of the others were thinking right now as they stared at the pair, though Rain was fortunate she had left Shadow in the Tower, as she wasn't sure how they would have reacted to seeing a displacer beast for the first time, "What happened to you two?"

"We... were displaced. Not to the same place mind you," Autumn replied, where Rain got a reminder of the fact that she was far smarter than she had been before she went missing, due to the fact that she was a genius when it came to all the weapons she had created over the years, something Rain was still wrapping her head around, "rather we went to totally separate locations, forced to go on different adventures, and only just how returned, with new bodies and all sorts of new knowledge to share with you."

"And don't worry, we aren't going to force you to take on these forms." Rain added, as she knew that some of the Kirins might be worried about such a thing, after all she had forced them to silence themselves so they didn't use their Nirik forms and burn everything down in their pure intense anger, but with everything they had been through she knew how to discuss certain matters.

Such a thing seemed to appease the Kirin that were around them, though many were interested in the forms they now had and the gear they were wearing, since Autumn had a futuristic look to her while Rain wore armor made out of dragon scales, despite the fact that they were also her scales in her other form. Many of the Kirin wanted to see Rain in action, since her weapon was just a sword and wasn't the strange arsenal that Autumn had access to, causing her to nod as she moved out into an open area before drawing it, all while realizing that this might be the first time she had done so without turning it on her enemies. Her movements following that stunned the Kirin as they observed her, even Autumn was surprised by the fact that she moved with such grace and precision, that none of her moves were wasted and she could strike effectively if she got into a fight, just as she did during her adventures with her friends. Rain suspected that the other displaced Kirin might have some skills similar to what she was currently using, since Autumn had said she used a melee weapon once upon a time, but that was a topic for another time, since they had come here to relax and catch up with the rest of their kind.

By the time she was done, having spent about five minutes showing off, Rain stopped as the Kirin stomped on the ground in excitement, showing her that they approved of her doing that, allowing her to sheath her blade before returning Autumn as they headed for her isolated old home.

"How were you able to fight like that?" Autumn asked, because while it was impressive, and would certainly give a couple of people she knew a run for their money if they clashed with Rain, one thing she knew to be impossible was the fact that she had gained all that knowledge and skill in far less time than what it took her to master her own weapon, "You moved like an expert who has seen years of combat, despite only being in the world you were sent to for less than a year."

"That's due to my blade, really. Once it held the spirits of Eldrith's company, who had been risen into undeath and forced to serve their former mistress," Rain replied, speaking on the matter once they were far away from the rest of the Kirin, since she knew this topic might upset them a little if they overheard her talking about such a thing, while noting that Autumn was eager to hear more about the events in question, "they realized that we... and by that I mean Adrianna, Kromlech, Vahn, Shadow, and myself... held the best chance of defeating Eldrith and gifted me, of all people, with the Onyx Blade, which let me fight on her level and instilled all of the Westering Sun's knowledge into my body. With Eldrith's defeat the spirits were able to depart in peace, though all that information on how to fight was left with me and I used my second adventure to refine and polish my fighting style."

Such a thing fascinated Autumn, especially when she considered that Rain's magic might have also been the reason behind so much of what had happened to her, similar to what happened when she and Starswirl went on their adventures, and it only made her that much more interested in her other skills. The ability to speak with certain animals and tame them, like the displacer beast, reminded her of Fluttershy's unique skill, though it only worked once from what they could tell, while Rain assured her that the power to transform into her other form came from being worshiped as a goddess by the kuo-tao, a new race for her to study at some point. There was just so much of Rain's new world that Autumn wanted to discover and document, since all of it was totally new to their home world, though such a thing caused her to chuckle as well, because if this was how she was reacting she had to wonder how Princess Twilight, one of the greatest scholars in the world, would take to everything they had learned so far. Rain had to admit that it interested her as well, though right now she was more worried about the rest of the missing Displaced that they had learned about, since there was no telling where they might have landed and what dangers they might encounter during their adventures.

One thing she knew for certain was that they were going to find the rest of the Displaced, make sure they were okay, and then bring them home, something that caused her to smile as she looked forward to what the future held for them and the rest of her home planet.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 6 )

and another one down...wonder who is going to pop out next?

11604542 Flurry Heart in God of War. That's whose next on the list.

Well another adventure is in the books. I hope Rain will be ready for what is to come next.

The Rain Shine character tag just been created!

11847323 Well, that is a welcome surprise. I can finally change the character tag.

Login or register to comment