• ...
5
 65
 2,728

Guidance Counselor gets Therapy

Read Author Notes after the chapter please


School of Friendship: Guidance Counsellor Office

Today was very much a quiet one, to say the least, it had been busy a few times but otherwise, it was pretty lacking in terms of actual activity.

Starlight sat in her chair bored with a hoof to her chin, as she just patiently waited for something, anything to happen to pique her interest. Cause the best part about this position, was the fact she could interact with many new faces from all sorts of places.

Heh, I’m freaking good at this rhyming…

But she has yet to interact with her new roommate, who she knew from the Festival when The Storm King’s reign came to an end. It was the Blue Hedgehog who took him down, alongside the help of her friends but even after that whole fiasco ended she still hadn’t had one full conversation with him.

It was like she felt awkward around him, he had this weird aura that greatly concerned her because of how strong it was, and it made her want to keep her distance from him.

This feeling was making her frown, all because of him just making her want to break. These thoughts however were broken, by the sound of knocking on the door. ‘Finally!’ she thought to herself.

Who was it going to be? Maybe Gallus, Smolder even Ocellus? But much to her dismay and disappointment it was neither of them, it was Sonic the one she didn’t want to see at the moment.

“Hey “Glim Glim!” How’s it going?” He exclaimed with a burst of excitement, making Starlight’s eye twitch.

“Oh… Y’know the u-usual Guidance Counsellor work, just living the dream!” She answered awkwardly, but the Hedgehog didn’t take notice.

“Do you mind if I take a seat?” She thought over it for about a second before shaking her head. “Not at all.” This was a half-lie she conjured up on the spot.

Cause in actuality she didn’t have any malice towards him, it was just a weird feeling of something she just didn’t want to be brought up. “So what do you need?” She asked.

“I just wanted to you know catch up, maybe talk for a little while, 'cause in all honesty, we’ve barely talked to one another,” Sonic stated making her nervous.

“Talk about what exactly? Because I have no idea what we should discuss.” Starlight was hoping to try and divert the conversation.

“How about… uh, our lives after all as much as I have seen you hang out with the “Rainbow Ponies” I don’t exactly know anything about you. Not saying we should dive into that cause of that invasion of privacy, but if you feel like it then go ahead and tell me something.”

Starlight felt the sudden urge to potentially do something to the Hedgehog, like using her magic against him.

But she held her calm nature and decided to just push these thoughts down deep, as far as she could push them into the back of her mind.

“Look it would be best if you leave, I don't want to potentially say something stupid,” Starlight admitted with a groan making Sonic’s ears flop down.

“Oh okay I understand, you don’t want to talk to me for some unjustifiable reason so I'm gonna stay here until you tell me what's wrong.” He grew a smirk knowing he had her trapped within his control.

Starlight felt her anger come out and it became obvious to him. “Why do you even want to be here around me?! I have nothing of value that's worth your time!”

Sonic looked at her seriously. “Okay listen here buckeroo, you’re being moody and seem to be stuck with who you are as a Pony, so suck it up right now because I’m gonna help you!”

Starlight however wasn’t having it. “I don’t care! Besides I have much better things to do than being a loner.”

That set one of Sonic’s nerves off. “What’d you just say?” He growled.

“I already told you, need me to spell it out for you! ’ I have much better things to do than being a loner!’ So go away!” She demanded.

Sonic got out of his seat walking towards the door, but then suddenly he dashed right towards Starlight jumping over her desk and grabbing her body pushing it down to the ground.

She was caught off guard by the sudden action, seeing the anger on his face. Whatever she said must’ve ticked him off but she wasn't going to stop now, she activated her horn blasting him off of her and sending him across the room.

She quickly stood up as he did as well, starting each other down and not letting up on either side. “If it's gonna be a fight then bring it on!” Sonic declared as they both charged at one another.

Upon colliding they began throwing one attack after the other, Sonic would land a normal punch to Starlight while she’d land a blast of magic.

Yet no matter how many times one of them received an injury, they continued to get back up and fight their stamina not decreasing.

“Alright, this is getting nowhere.” Sonic pointed out, to which he immediately dashed forward once more this time however he swiped Starlight off her hooves, making her fall on the ground with her back.

Before she could get up he quickly grabbed her horn softly, to prevent her use of magic while making sure her forehooves didn't move to make sure escape was impossible.

Breathing laboriously, Sonic stared into her eyes with a glare that intimidated her enough to not fight back. “Had enough yet?”

“...Yeah, I-I think that's enough.” Sonic let go of her horn, standing up so she could get back on her hooves.

After a few seconds of abrupt silence, Sonic finally spoke. “So... what's making you feel uncomfortable?”

Starlight glanced at the Hedgehog for a second, contemplating whether or not she should answer him, but she eventually sighed finally keeping eye contact with him. “I-I feel as though Twilight and the others, don't see me as a real friend. Considering that I'm in a position that doesn't exactly fit me at all, all I've done is give low-effort advice that most likely doesn't help in the long run.”

Sonic looked at her with sympathy, he couldn't imagine that sort of feeling especially since his friends felt like real friends. “Y’know what? I think I know what the problem is,” he stated with confidence.

Her eyes widened a little. “Really?”

He nodded, “Yeah, you see that's only what you think because, in reality, I've talked with them about many topics and whenever you’re brought up they’ve said nothing but praise about you.

“I guess that since you don't exactly hang out with them, all the time as they do with each other it has left you thinking about all these negative thoughts that make you feel uncomfortable.”

Starlight stared at him in shock, he had figured out what her problem was and he'd pointed out what she could do to fix it.

“How are you so good at the whole advice thing, it sounds like you should be a guidance counsellor!” She asked with genuine curiosity.

“Well when you've been alone for over a decade, you pick up on that sort of thing and I guess it just sticks with you.

“Or it's just because I can play as both a therapist and myself at the same time, who knows?” He shrugged.

For once Starlight smiled today. “I guess you should keep doing it. After all, it may come in a hoof or hand later on.”

“Possibly but I shouldn't worry about that right now, right?” He asked with slight concern.

“Yeah, yeah… yeah don’t worry about it right now heh, heh.” Starlight chuckled nervously very unsure about it as well.

They both sat in the silence finding it very awkward, until Sonic brought up a question. “Is there anything you do in your spare time, as in like a hobby?”

Starlight was taken by surprise, but she smiled at him seeming to accept his presence now. “Yes, yes I do. However my question to you is, have you ever heard of kites?”

Sonic’s face brightened like a little kid. “I’ve heard of them, but never got the chance to use them!”

Starlight giggled at his reaction. “Well today is your lucky day, Mr. Hedgehog.”

Author's Note:

I’m back everyone, and all I can say is that I’m so sorry for not updating this story since February.

The reason I haven’t is because lack of motivation, sometimes when I post multiple chapters of story in a day or the span of a few days is because I get the spark to do so. :rainbowdetermined2:

Which is why when that doesn’t happen it’s usually a slow burn, cause the worst chapter of this story is the Trixie one because it was absolutely lazy and something I put out that had no care put into it because my motivation was basically gone.

And I’m ashamed to have not put up new chapters cause I really want to finish the two sagas I’m currently doing. :fluttershysad:

I’ll try to get chapters out more frequently, but don’t be surprised if they come out weeks apart from one another.

Anyway enough rambling about that the next four chapters of this story will all be about episodes of the show from Sonic’s perspective and continuing the plot.

I hope you’ll enjoy what comes next for this story and I really hope I can get them out sooner rather than later.

Bye for now, also don’t comment on what characters you want to see next that’ll come after the next four chapters ok so say something other than that.

See ya. :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 7 )

Hmm... While I do like this modality about some plot chapters and some Slice of Life ones, maybe you should label them better so the burn won't be that big.

For example: the next four chapters are plot-related, right? So, how about instead of 6 Slice of Life episodes afterwards, you reduce them to 2 or 3 so they lack of inspiration doesn't reflects that much? Is just as suggestion!

As for the episode in general, I didn't expected a whole fight between these two, but here we are! Awesome job, by the way.

11559189
I'll consider that, thanks for the suggestion.

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter.

Don't worry about the small delays on some of these chapters. I go through the same thing sometimes. Take your time, dude

Comment posted by SMM Panel One deleted Jul 8th, 2023

Will this story continue? Just asking.

11666823
Of course. Just not now, kind of working on another Sonic story. :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment