• Published 3rd May 2022
  • 582 Views, 17 Comments

The Bug Crusader - Partycannon_



Scootaling decides to tell Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle about herself.

  • ...
5
 17
 582

Chapter 5: A Changeling Friend

Scootaloo stood by the door inside of Twilight's library, she looked nervous and was fidgety. Twilight trotted down the stairs and looked up to the top "Alright Spike you have the Library all to yourself tonight, don't stay up too late reading comics and a small list is on your bed for chores," Twilight smiled.

"Yeah, yeah, Twilight. Now get going, this place will be spotless in no time, go and enjoy your sleepover," Spike smiled.

"Alright but if you need anything you know where I'm at." Twilight trotted over to the door, "Come on Scootaloo," Twilight opened the door and left.

Scootaloo slowly followed and Twilight closed the door behind them with magic. Twilight looked down to Scootaloo as she had a lack of energy. "Hey Scootaloo, is everything alright?"

Scootaloo nodded in a frown.

"Are you sure?" Twilight pushed.

Scootaloo shook her head, "I just thought I was going to be prepared for tonight but my heart wont stop racing."

"For a sleepover?" Twilight looked confused.

"It's not that, I have something I need to tell Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle..." Scootaloo frowned.

"Whatever it is I'm sure they will understand, what exactly are you scared about?" Twilight sat down.

"Well.. When I tell them its going to change our friendship forever," Scootaloo looked unsure.

"That is a tricky situation," Twilight rubbed her hoof under her chin.

"Rainbow Dash helped me out but I still feel uneasy," Scootaloo said with mixed emotions.

"Hmm, Rainbow helped you... Well Scootaloo I feel uneasy all of the time!" Twilight smiled.

"Yeah.. I noticed.." Scootaloo looked at Twilight with a deadpanned expression.

"I always feel better after its over, so I think the first thing you should do is go right up to Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle to tell them what's on your mind. After you tell them you'll feel satisfied to get it off your chest," Twilight smirked.

"Your right Twilight, I'm ready now," Scootaloo began trotting.

Twilight followed behind as she checked her notes, she went through multiple theories in her head about what Scootaloo was going to tell her friends and thought it was strange that the weird creature was also orange but Twilight thought more about the most likely theory. Twilight read over and over again in her mind; 'No kissing Scootaloo rule'. 'What did Rainbow Dash help this filly with' Twilight thought.


There were six ponies outside Apple Bloom's room, Twilight cast a spell so that a bubble surrounded them were no sound can escape but sounds can still enter. Twilight and Applejack stood by the door and listened to the three voices inside while the rest watched them.

"Are we just going to stand around and watch you two listen to that door all night long?" Rarity asked in a annoyed tone.

"Ah'm sorry but I want to make sure that they are not kissing in there," Applejack whispered.

"Look, they aren't going to kiss. I have one hundred percent confidence! Now lets go back down stairs, Pinkie setup some really cool games," Rainbow said in a fake smirk.

"Rainbow, I have reason to believe that you... I don't know yet but I want to make sure that you didn't convince her of anything," Twilight said as she looked over her notes.

"Wha-What does that mean?" Rainbow looked hurt.

"Guys isn't this morally wrong?" Pinkie asked as she looked at the group. "I mean, come on. We got games downstairs but instead you two want to hear something that you shouldn't!"

"Yeah, lets just go downstairs..." Fluttershy quietly agreed.

"Girls, I have something important to tell you," said a loud muffled voice came from the door.

Applejack and Twilight listened closely as Rarity joined them. Rainbow started sweating then she took a pen and popped the bubble while they weren't looking and proceeded to fake a trip and yelled "OUCH!"

The group all came over to Rainbow as she got up and the door behind them opened revealing three faces poking out.

"Are you okay Rainbow?" asked Pinkie.

"Yeah, I'm alright," Rainbow said turning to the group.

"Wait, how did the bubble pop?" Twilight asked.

"What bubble?" Apple Bloom approached the large group of ponies in the hallway.

"Oh, hi Apple Bloom," Twilight faked a smile.

"Don't 'hi Apple Bloom' me. What the hay is going on here?" Apple Bloom was mad.

The group of six ponies looked to each other with frowns.

"Listen sugar cube, Ah-"

"This better not be an excuse to spy on us," Apple Bloom narrowed her eyes.

Applejack took a hoofstep back as she looked down.

"Its okay Apple Bloom..." Scootaloo trotted to the group of six. "I have something I want to tell all of you too," Scootaloo smiled to Rainbow.

Rainbow nodded back in a grin.

"First lets go downstairs, its a little crowded up here," Pinkie smiled

The large group of ponies made there way downstairs except for Rainbow and Scootaloo.

"Hey squirt, how are you holding up?" Rainbow smirked.

"I'm okay, my heart is just racing," Scootaloo smiled.

"Scootaloo, you have more courage then I ever had. You got this!" Rainbow gave Scootaloo a huge smile.

"T-That's not true, I mean, you saved Equestria from Nightmare Moon!" Scootaloo blushed.

"That may be true but I had five other ponies helping me out," Rainbow said.

"Well, it may not be five ponies helping me out but I do have one," Scootaloo smiled wholeheartedly back to Rainbow.

Rainbow pulled Scootaloo in for a warm hug. "Do you-" Rainbow said as she held back tears, she cleared her throat before talking again. "Do you want to come live with me?"

"A-Are you sure?" Scootaloo retuned the hug as small tears fell.

"Yeah... Also trash goes out once a week so make sure you take care of that," Rainbow smiled.

"Hey are you two coming down," Pinkie came up the stairs and saw Rainbow quickly got out of the hug. "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Mean to what?" Rainbow cleared her voice. "Yeah I'm heading down, come down when you're ready," said Rainbow as she trotted downstairs with Pinkie.

Scootaloo wiped the tears from her face. 'Alright Scootaloo! YOU GOT THIS!' she thought to herself.


Eight ponies sat in a half circle as they talked to the ponies next to them while they waited. Eventually Scootaloo came down and trotted in the middle of the half circle as everyponie's eyes shifted to the orange filly. Scootaloo took in a deep breath as the room silenced and she slowly let the air out as she calmed herself. Scootaloo looked at all the ponies in the room as they watched back.

"I don't have any parents, I lived by myself in a cave for a long time," she started. "I am lucky to have each and everyone of you as my friends," she smiled. "But I have been lying to all of you.. I am not a pony, I'm a changeling..." Scootaloo erupted in a green flame and after she appeared as a changeling.

Most ponies were stunned but Apple Bloom got down from her chair and trotted in front of Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle followed behind.

"Why..." Apple Bloom said as she looked to the floor. "Why didn't you tell us you didn't have parents!" Apple Bloom looked Scootaloo in the eyes as tears created a waterfall. Apple Bloom threw her hooves around Scootaloo as she cried.

"I-I-" Scootaloo didn't know what to say.

"That must have been so lonely," Sweetie joined the hug as tears also began to form for her.

"Also why didn't you tell us you had awesome powers?" Apple Bloom whispered as she chuckled through her crying.

"Or tell us that you are a weird bug?" Sweetie Belle did the same.

"Can we not talk about bugs right now.." Scootaloo returned the hug as tears formed in her eyes.


The End!



Author's Note:

Omega thanks for reaching The End! Hope everyone enjoyed it!

A Blog will be going up after I release this chapter talking about this story and the last one I made, also the next story I'm planning on.

If you guys want I can continue this story, I would probably start out part 2 with going to Canterlot with the fieldtrip and changeling stuffs. Despite this story being about a changeling it was challenging to actually include the shapeshifting for the type of story I wanted to write, but if I were to continue it then shapeshifting would be used a lot more.

I enjoyed how the ending was clear from the start of the story and it was actually more relaxing to have it that way, plus I think it made it feel each interaction more important then it otherwise would be. I wish this story was more consistent in tone as I tried and lean more comedy but felt as though it wasn't worth it by the end of the third chapter

It was fun writing this story but I'm not sure if anyone will actually enjoy reading this one. If anyone reading this knows what I am lacking the most, please do tell! I want to continue improving but I don't know what I need to improve, I feel like I am good at writing characters and shorter stories but lack in most other departments. I'm probably going to release the entire story all at once instead of releasing it every other day or so, I'm not entirely sure why I want to do this.

Well, have a good rest of your day and expect a blog soon if you want to read a little more about this story.

Comments ( 10 )

I think that once you stopped trying too hard to make it a comedy, it ended up feeling a lot more accurate to the show.

11230859
The jokes were still amusing though.

Nothing that actually changes the changelings.

So nothing like what happened in the actual show?

11230902
Thank you! Comedy is not my strong suit.

How do i put this....

This is a funny story, its decently well writen but the jokes are a bit overdone in places and some of them just dont land right with me, plus the overall core concept has been done before and done better (see Undead robot bug crusaders) so yeah, worth reading, but not a masterpeice

11230854
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Applejack being a hypocrite, just stating it. The comment wasn't meant as a criticism.

11231422
My misunderstanding then. I assumed it was criticism and wanted to know what you thought was wrong with it.

11231164
I think you put it into better words then I ever could. This is probably the laziest story I made and accept the criticism along side the praise. I'm overall glad that is seems that the reviews are mostly positive but I will try and make a story that all of you readers can enjoy wholeheartedly.

Now that I'm finished, I agree with the sentiment that there were too many forced attempts at humor. This story would have probably worked better as a lighthearted slice of life or drama.

Something you are definitely going to want to put a lot of thought into for the potential sequel is how Scootaloo got to where she is (no parents, living in a cave). Could be very interesting.

Just a thought (it doesn't really affect the story), but why does Scootaloo purposely cripple herself? I don't remember if URBC explains it, but a different story (the only other completed Scootaling story I know on this website) explained it as the result of being a hybrid.

11295548
Thank you for your comment. Seeing your name pop up again is always a joy!

I wish I wasn't in a rush when I made this but at the same time you learn more from failures. There is a decent possibility that I will remake this story and if I do I'll go more into what you mentioned along with it being an actual story. Regardless I probably hate this story more then anyone else on the planet but refuses to remove it for a few reasons but I won't go into that here. I agree with everything you say in your messages, its a bad story.

I am working on a large project that should be finished soonish. Hopefully I could see you there or on one of my better stories. Have a good one!

Login or register to comment