• Published 28th Jan 2022
  • 549 Views, 3 Comments

Feeling the Rhythm - DougtheLoremaster



What if you were told to create a dance, that it was important? Sounds silly, right? For Twilight, it could mean the fate of the world. Join her in an adventure across an Equestria where dancing to the music can perform incredible feats of magic.

  • ...
3
 3
 549

Chapter 11

Chrysalis stared at Twilight, standing there on both hooves in a pink tutu, before her. Ballet. Ballet? She had chosen ballet? Surely Twilight was jesting; ballet was a slow-moving, dance of elegance, not a fast-paced movement like Chrysalis craved, but wait, what was this?

Twilight had begun to sway, getting into the rhythm, letting it flow through her as her hindlegs moved on their own with a strange mixture of fluidity and grace, though the moves were clearly those of ballet, it was anything but slow.

Chrysalis felt her own hooves take on a mind of their own as she began her skip switches; placing both hind hooves wide apart, she jumped and crossed them in mid-air before landing with the hooves crossed, repeating the processes rapidly, before it turned into an almost floating maneuver. Chrysalis ebbed and flowed like the tide as she moved effortlessly across the stage. In her barrel, she felt her heart beating rapidly as she kept time with Twilight’s own graceful steps. It was hard not to be taken in by the infectious rhythm the two were dancing to.

Twilight meanwhile extended her leg out to the side before pushing off of it and tucking it in by her thigh, twirling and releasing it before tucking it in as one, two, three she twirled to the ever-flowing music. Twirling around the stage like a wild top, Twilight met Chrysalis in the middle of the stage, and both locked hooves; synchronizing their steps to the other as the music continued to play.

Out in the audience, one of the drones began tapping her hoof as the music rose to fill the auditorium, and slowly one became two became ten. A few blinked in surprise as they started performing their own styles of dance in the rows. And still, the music rose higher and higher.

Twilight grinned.

“Is this the dance you wanted, Chrysalis?”

Throwing her head back, Chrysalis laughed in ecstasy as a burst of magical light of all colors filled the massive building.

“Yes!”

Now it was Twilight’s turn to be shocked. The black carapace of the Danceling had been replaced by a rich ebony furred hide. As Twilight stared in awe, Chrysalis’s gossamer wings became elegant wings boasting the feathers of a Pegasus, while her horn changed to resemble a Unicorn’s own. Her gossamer mane and tail had changed to a luxurious teal mane and tail. Twilight couldn’t believe it; Chrysalis was an Alicorn!

While Twilight was staring at Chrysalis’s wings, Chrysalis was staring at Twilight’s. An elegantly feathered pair of lavender feathered wings had appeared in the explosion of magic the two had generated. Again and again, the two caused an explosion of magical energies; the dance reaching its climax causing the two to go into their finisher.

Chrysalis rocked back on her heels and kicked out, sliding her other hindleg out to perform a hoofstand landing on her head and spinning in a circle, lowering her body down to a laying position while holding her hoof up. Twilight meanwhile, had been spinning and twirling about the stage, occasionally kicking her foreleg out, before launching herself into the air, to land on top of Chrysalis’s outstretched hoof; her body striking a pose like a swan taking flight.

Breathing heavily and completely worn out the two stared into the eyes of each other, before, lost in the passion of the dance, the two shared a tender and passionate kiss. Neither knew why but it just felt right. And for that one moment, the world faded away.

After a moment of silence, the entire auditorium erupted in thousands of cheers and the deafening stamping of thousands of hooves in applause.

Slowly lowering Twilight down onto the stage, Chrysalis laughed in exhilaration, as the tears slowly made their way down her face. She couldn’t believe it. She opened her mouth to speak.

“That. Was. So. Much…Fun!”

Chrysalis blinked in startled confusion. Twilight’s shout had taken her by complete surprise, as did the sudden embrace she found herself in. For thousands of years, Chrysalis had borne the curse of the Danceling; cursed to pursue the perfect dance, but unable to find it. That is until this moment, this night.

This mare had against all odds set her free; this mare that Chrysalis now found holding her in her hooves. Was it destiny, she didn’t know. But oddly enough, as she found herself staring into the ‘come hither’ stare of Twilight, she could swear she heard music begin to play.


One year later

In a cathedral, in Canterlot, the rafters and columns were dressed up with white roses and lily blossoms, and row after row of pews was filled with dignitaries and friends of the Royal Family from all over the world. On a palette to the side of an altar stood a six-tier cake, with lavender icing, teal-colored roses decorating the fringes, and at the top were two intricately carved figures. Today was an important one.

Everything was placed exactly, everything was set up to perfection. Everything was in place, everything that is, except the guests of honor.

“Where. Are. They?”

Celestia spoke through gritted teeth, having her eye on the cake. Luna and Starlight just chuckled as they clasped hooves side by side. The bride and groom were nowhere to be seen, but their ears had picked up the sound of music coming from the downstairs dressing room. They looked at each other knowingly; those crazy kids. They’d been there, they understood.

As the time ticked away, the front doors opened, as the cake was being sliced. Dressed in their dancing attire, Twilight and Chrysalis stumbled into the center aisle; completely exhausted and out of breath.

“We’re here. Sorry-”

Celestia glared at them as she was about to get a slice of the decadent cake. Twilight and Chrysalis shared a look as they stammered out an excuse.

“We -er-”

“lost track of time.”

Unable to hide their smiles, Chrysalis nuzzled Twilight before turning to Starlight and Luna.

“We have something to tell you after the ceremon- oh wow we are late aren’t we?”

The decorations were being taken down, the cake was half-eaten and the buffet was empty. Only Celestia, Luna, and Starlight, Applejack, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy were still there.

Twilight giggled.

“Oops.”

Luna looked at her curiously.

“What is it you need to tell your father and me?”

Chrysalis and Twilight held hooves as music began to play.

“You’re going to be grandparents!”

Comments ( 1 )

La historia es interesante, el concepto del baile y la magia me gustaron, pero Chrysalis como antagonista no me termino de convencer.

Login or register to comment