• Published 3rd Nov 2021
  • 3,338 Views, 287 Comments

Family Begins With You - Jmaster49



The Sirens devote themselves to protecting Canterlot City and each other as they come to understand human holidays and traditions.

  • ...
8
 287
 3,338

PreviousChapters Next
Arc III Episode II: My Teacher Is a Demon?

And surprisingly…

It worked.

Each and every time the class stood in a triangle, square, rectangle, or even a pentagon, they were able to solve for X each and every time with no issue. Unlike their usual geometry classes that often bored them to death (not thanks to their Cranky teacher), this class actually gave them a hands-on approach that allowed them to both visualize and understand their problems better.

To the point where even Twilight had to admit.

“...I don’t believe it. I could always solve math quickly, but only because every other teacher I’ve had has told it in an uninteresting way. This is...fun? How?”

That’s not all. When everyone sat back in their desks normally, everyone was able to answer Aidon’s examples that he put on the board with ease.

“42!” Lyra shotued.

“71!” Octavia called out.

“Negative-3!” Adagio answered.

“Perfection, class,” Aidon said as he flicked the chalk into the air and caught it in his hand. “You’re naturals.”

BRRRRRING!

The class bell rang, indicating that everyone had to get ready for lunch. To which some of the students reacted with...disappointment?

“Now now, calm down,” the professor folded his arms, “I’ll be here for the next few months. So if you all enjoyed this little class, then be sure to return.”

Various murmurs of agreement were heard in response as everyone got up and prepared to leave the room.

Aidon pushed the door open and waved as everyone exited. “See ya around, tetras.”

“That was an amazing class, sir,” Lyra said as she walked out, “Easily the most fun I’ve had in math in ages!”

“That’s the spirit, Tetra-Strings!” he replied as she left, “Keep that up as we continue!”

“Hmm…” Twilight left with a stoic, uncertain expression. She didn’t even bother with a goodbye either. “Why was he glowing...strange…or was it my imagination?”

Meanwhile, Adagio and Octavia exited the room together.

“That was more fun than I would’ve expected,” said the siren.

“Most certainly. I think I understood that better than in our regular math class.” She looked at Adagio directly. “...But remember what we discussed, alright? I don’t want you to feel pressured over your work. And I know your sisters wouldn’t either.”

Their little chat had worked wonders--Adagio was willing to comply. “Oh no, I perfectly understand. The next chance I get, I’m going to let my boss know what I think.”

Octavia responded with a smile, “That’s good. Now I need to get going. Vinyl and her friends are waiting for me at our lunch table.”

“Got it. See you later,” Adagio waved as she turned and started to walk in another direction...only to be whispered to from behind a locker.

“Psst!” a voice called to her.

“Hm?” Adagio walked over to the source of the voice and peered around the locker. “Twilight? What’s wrong?”

She held a finger over mouth and paused. Not another word was said until Twilight noticed that Aidon had gone back into the classroom. “...Okay. Did you happen to notice…”

“...A possible magical aura around Mr. Iota?” Adagio commented, “Yeah. I did.”

Twilight grabbed her tablet and started to tap upon it. “...As someone who has Equestrian magic, and you being a native Equestrian, we were the only ones in the room who could sense that aura. Which could mean…”

The siren girl looked upwards as she gave it some thought. There was only one logical conclusion for something like this. “...It’s possible that he’s from Equestria, right?”

“There’s no way to know for sure unless we--”

“Hold on a sec,” Adagio cut her off, already knowing full well where the nerd wanted to take this. “Before you say anything, do any of your little plans involve stalking him or trying to get one of his hairs?” she asked while leaning forward, “Because if so, you can count me out.”

“Um...no?” Twilight said, pushing a bag deeper into her locker with her foot.

Adagio stared at her with a flat expression, and shifted her eyes downwards. There, clear as day, were a few test tubes and plastic cases for ‘DNA’ down in that purple bag of hers. “...Uh-huh.” She stood upright. “Listen, Sparkle. We’re willing to help fight the magical demons and what have you, but only when we’re absolutely sure they’re hostile and are out to get us. Best-case scenario? It was just a lame magic trick akin to what Trixie performs.”

“Auch!” a scoff was heard from the other end of the hall, “I heard that, Dazzle!”

They both looked off in the direction of the voice, and turned back to each other.

“My point is, if you want to get involved in some crazy spy shenanigans, then do it on your own time,” Adagio said as she grabbed a pink jacket from her locker and zipped it up, “Don’t get me or my sisters wrapped up in it.”

As the siren girl left, Twilight continued to stew in her own thought process. “Hm...still very suspicious.”

That’s when Aidon walked past her with a smile on his face. “Great enthusiasm, Tetra-Twi,” he said with a friendly grin, “Knew you’d be able to solve those problems.”

“Uh...huh. Thanks. I’ll be sure to bring more enthusiasm next time too,” she said with a rather nervous smile in response.

“That’s the spirit,” he replied while walking away.

“And your spirit is not of this world. I’m sure of it.”

And nearby, in another hallway, someone else was having thoughts similar to Twilight.

“...Master Blueblood could take advantage of his magic. I need to inform him.”


Once the school day was over, everyone went their separate ways as usual.

Twilight however...was in the mood for invasion of privacy. “Alright. Time to see just how real you are, Mr. Iota.” Sneaking around and behind to the employee parking lot, the purple girl watched as the gray-skinned man went to his car--though it was more like an suv that was elevated off of the ground with large tires.

Aidon opened the door, and sat down in the driver’s seat. “Okay. How to work this thing again…” He sat the lesson plan books on the passenger seat next to him, and retrieved the owner’s manual of his vehicle from the glove compartment.

From afar, Twilight could see what he was reading with a pair of binoculars--his faint aura of dark magic was still present also. “Aha! He doesn’t even know how to drive very well. After all, nobody reads those things. He has to be from Equestria.”

While she normally caught the bus, Twilight was in full spy mode. At long last, the man managed to turn on the vehicle and back out of the parking lot with minor difficulties.

“Okay, just gotta turn the wheel in the opposite direction and…”

Once he was out on the road, he drove off at a slow, careful pace.

Just enough for our resident nerd to keep up with from afar as she walked with her tablet. “I got you now. This is gonna be good. Just need to get him when he’s standing still for a proper scan.” Yes. Apparently her tablet also had a scanning feature that could analyze the magical makeup of a being. But in order to be accurate, the subject in question needed to be perfectly still.

It would take about 20 minutes for Aidon to arrive at his house near the edge of the city on a hill. After which, he exited his vehicle, and took his supplies inside.

And outside, Twilight was hiding in a tree, wearing a brown, autumn-style military camo jacket to conceal herself against the maple leaves. “Let’s see what we can find…” After taking a few notes, Twilight utilized her binoculars once more, only to find a familiar face approaching Aidon’s door.

A pink one.

“Pinkie? What are you--?”

Pinkie Pie skipped up to the professor’s house with a pink box in her hands. She rang the doorbell, and whistled while she waited for an answer.

And soon enough, she got one. “Hello?” Aidon asked as he opened the door, and was met with a burst of confetti. “Bwah!”

POP!

“Hi Mr. Math Man! My name is Pinkamena Diane Pie! But you can call me Pinkie Pie!” she squealed, offering the box while leaning forward on her tiptoes. “You’re new at our school so I decided to bring you some Welcome Donuts to help you feel, well, welcome!” she finished her introduction with a toothy, ear-to-ear smile.

After recovering from the initial shock of being ambushed at his door, the professor cleared his throat and responded. “Oh, er...thank you, Ms. Pie.” His eyes sparked and he pointed fingerguns at her. “Or should I say, Ms. 3.1415--”

“9265359!” she finished his sentence with a giggle, “It’s Pi! That’s my favorite number in the world!”

“Wait a minute...his aura…” When reciting the digits of pi, Twilight could see his dark aura flare up once more--albeit barely. From her perspective across the street, she watched the two converse and would then witness Aidon accept the pink box before closing the door. “Curious...his magic gets stronger in mathematical scenarios? This makes no sense. But I wonder if Pinkie noticed it.”

Speaking of which, the next time Twi put her binoculars up, Pinkie suddenly disappeared--nowhere in sight at all. “What--where’d she--”

“Hey Twilight!” the pink girl suddenly poked her head into view of the binoculars--while upside-down.

“WAH!” Twilight squealed and fell backwards, landing on the ground next to the tree.

PreviousChapters Next