• Published 3rd Nov 2021
  • 3,305 Views, 287 Comments

Family Begins With You - Jmaster49



The Sirens devote themselves to protecting Canterlot City and each other as they come to understand human holidays and traditions.

  • ...
8
 287
 3,305

PreviousChapters Next
Arc XXX Episode VI: Calculated Infiltration

Before the girls could make a move…

Sonata got a call on her cell phone that she immediately answered.

“Like, hello?”

Over the phone, Coral Currents would speak to her. “Hey! Uh. You guys are walking dead into a trap.”

“Is that Sandbar’s sister?” Adagio asked, looking towards Sonata.

Aria rolled her eyes. “Of course. There’s always a catch.”

“I’ve been working on doing an entire scan of that building for weeks now. When I spotted you girls on the nearby cameras, I had to stop you,” Coral went on, “Now listen carefully. I’m sending you guys all the information you need in order to get inside without tripping any alarms or defense mechanisms--”

“The fu--?” Aria rubbed the side of her head and repeated what she had just heard. “Defense mechanisms? Are you kidding me? Is this an office building or a military base?”

“Yes,” Coral replied matter-of-factly, “You’d be surprised at the kinda crap you can find when you start digging through everyone’s history and records.”

Adagio spoke up to get the conversation back on track. “Okay, so what exactly are we about to do here, Coral?”

“Follow my directions…”


Inside the building…

Parabola walked into her office and procured a weapon from a hidden cache; a handgun that seemed to radiate an unstable, gray energy…

“They want to play dirty…I’ll show them just what I’m capable of. And this will teach Aidon to cross me and speak to me that way.” She muttered as she loaded the pistol. “We’ll see how you like it when your precious students are on the line…”

Now armed, Parabola left her office and gave instructions to all of her workers. “Get the magic siphons ready. I want all hands on deck when any magical creatures arrive here.”

Her workers left to various software development rooms in order to prepare everything that she had requested. Parabola herself would approach the front doors, looking rather excited in anticipation for the arrival of the Sirens…


Outside…

With Coral’s direction, two of the Sirens went to the other side of the building near the outdoor ventilation system that they could slip into in order to access an underground channel. Adagio had stayed behind at their van nearby in case they needed a quick escape, and stayed on a joint phone call so that she could hear her sisters communicate with Coral.

“Okay,” Coral continued to speak to them over Sonata’s cell. “What you’re gonna need to do is follow the underground passage that I’ve highlighted on your map. You’ll sneak in, grab the magical doo-hickey she’s using to power her crap, and haul butt outta there.”

“Wait a sec,” Aria jumped in, “You don’t even know what we’re after??”

“Hey, I’m not perfect,” Coral insisted with a huff. “I’ve only got access to the cameras outside the building. Not the ones inside….not yet anyway,” she added with an impish grin.

“Oohhhh…” Sonata replied with realization, “That’s what you want us to do, then huh? Get you in so you can shut this place down from the inside out?”

“Among other things,” Coral replied with a smug tone. “Now get going. I don’t see any enemy activity, so you guys have free reign to head inside.”

Aria cracked her knuckles and cricked her neck as she entered one of the vents. “Alright. I’ll go first. The sooner we get this over with, the sooner we can get our food and head home together.”

Sonata followed her closely with her phone still active in her pocket so they could continue to speak to Coral. “Alright. Which way are we headed?”

“Down. Left. Then down again. Once you reach a control panel, point your phone’s camera at it so I can start hacking it remotely,” Coral explained the essence of her plan as the girls continued.

“Whatever. You do the brain stuff, we’ll make it through this place,” Aria commented as she dropped down into what looked like a supply storeroom. “Left? This way, Sonata.”

“Hang on, wait up!”


Above, on the main floor…

Parabola looked around, and noted that no one was present. ‘Strange,’ she thought as she glared outside into the snowy parking lot. ‘Could they have turned tail and run away like cowards?’

The woman shook her head and huffed. ‘What was I thinking? Letting some stupid kids rile me up in such a way?’

Well, her theories were about to be proven in just a few moments.

“Ma’am!” one of her workers called out, “We’ve got some suspicious activity in the lower level supply room!”

“...” Her eye twitched as she cocked her gun. “Oh really now?”

PreviousChapters Next