• Published 3rd Nov 2021
  • 3,338 Views, 287 Comments

Family Begins With You - Jmaster49



The Sirens devote themselves to protecting Canterlot City and each other as they come to understand human holidays and traditions.

  • ...
8
 287
 3,338

PreviousChapters Next
Arc XXVIII Episode V: Fulfilling Promise

Applebloom approached the two as they were talking and shot them a teasing smile. “Hey, are ya’ll havin’ a bit of a lover’s quarrel--?”

“NO WE ARE NOT!”

“NO WE ARE NOT!”

They both shouted in unison which made Applebloom flinch with a grin on her face.

“I’m just messin’ with ya,” she teased and explained the details regarding Spoon’s pumpkin order, “Anyway. Yer order’s just about ready, Silver Spoon.”

“Thanks,” Silver Spoon replied with a nod, “I think I’ll call my driver to come pick everything up.” She turned and looked at Keiji. “I’ll see you later, yeah? Don’t forget my invitation.”

“Don’t you worry,” he said with his usual smirk as Silver Spoon went on ahead with Applebloom, “I’ll be there. Hopefully alongside some of our other friends too.”

Eventually, he’d be surprised by the approach of Applejack who leaned upon his head with one of her elbows. “You’ve come a long way, ain’tcha, lover boy?”

“Ghhgk!” he gasped and turned around which earned a giggle from the now-clothed Applejack. “Don’t do me like that. I have a habit of reacting with violence.”

“My bad, kiddo,” she replied earnestly, “but it looks like you hit it off with Silver Spoon pretty well, huh? Does Diamond Tiara know?”

“Well…yes? You see…”

Keiji would then go on to explain the nature of their relationship…

“I see now. All three of ya’ll wanna stay with each other because the girls love each other…and you. Guess I don’t see a problem with it. So long as you keep true to yerself and to the both of ‘em. You love them gals, don’tcha?”

“Of course,” Keiji answered with a serious tone, as if offended by the mere idea of such a question. “I mean, I’ve come to value all of you guys, but Tiara and Spoon are…a bit special. They’ve both got detachment problems in their own unique ways--not unlike myself. And we just so happen to have similar taste in hobbies--albeit not entirely. So it’s kinda like a weird close friendship-slash-relationship that we all have. It’s weird but--”

Applejack cut him off by patting him on the head. “You’re gonna make a fine man for those two. Just make sure you got enough stamina to keep up with ‘em, yeah?”

“Don’t worry about that. I’ve already figured out how to keep myself emotionally available for when they need someone to lean on. Don’t worry.”

“Alrighty then,” Applejack replied with a smile, “I got confidence in ya. Anyhow, wanna join us fer lunch? Just made some fresh apple cider.”

Keiji looked up at her with a surprised, yet impressed scoff. “Mm. You’re in a good mood despite everything that’s happened. Think you’ll be able to deal with your little…punishment okay?”

“I’ve made peace with my choice, Keiji,” she spoke in a more relaxed, calm tone as she walked with him to the farmhouse. “I ain’t proud’a what I did, but I ain’t got no excuse for it. All I can do is live with my decision.”

“Hey…I’m sure your folks would’ve understood what you did,” Keiji encouraged her as he followed along, “Don’t beat yourself up. Just be glad that she’s finally been brought to justice. You can now bury the proverbial hatchet on that.”

Applejack couldn’t deny that he was correct. At long last, the one behind the death of her parents was finally dealt with, and she no longer had to worry about the truth. It was a freeing thing, knowing that she could finally let go of her ghosts.

“...You right,” she responded with an amicable tone, “I’m sure they proud of us from on high. At the end of the day, that’s all that really matters.”

“Damn straight,” the vampboy boldly declared with his usual fanged grind. “Now lemme taste some of that cider…”


Meanwhile, at the office of C Corporation.

Aidon entered the facility, and was greeted by a front desk clerk.

“Hello, who are you looking for, sir?” she asked, as she could instantly tell that Aidon was not a usual entrant.

The shadow-man walked up to the desk and spoke, “Yes. I’m looking for--”

But before he could finish his sentence, he was met with a familiar, monochrome face.

“Well hello! If it isn’t Mr. Iota,” Parabola walked out to greet him in her professional attire--a black and white business suit-skirt. “I never would’ve expected you to come here.”

“...Huh. Ms. Parabola?” he paused in his tracks as he took in the fact that she worked here. “I never would’ve pegged you for a business type. This must be your true occupation when you aren’t teaching, yes?”

“Indeed. One of your students has a relative that works here in fact. Micro Chips, I believe,” she explained with a casual, yet off-puttingly sweet smile, “But I’m curious as to what might’ve brought you here. We don’t normally ever have unplanned visitors as this is a rather covert facility that I have full control over.”

Now at a loss for words, Aidon had to choose his next ones carefully.

“...What an interesting development.”

PreviousChapters Next