• Published 3rd Nov 2021
  • 3,337 Views, 287 Comments

Family Begins With You - Jmaster49



The Sirens devote themselves to protecting Canterlot City and each other as they come to understand human holidays and traditions.

  • ...
8
 287
 3,337

PreviousChapters Next
Arc XXIII Episode VIII: Festival Romance

“...That’s astonishing,” Luna replied with a puzzled tone, “I figured that the people of this city were more than willing to assist others in need.”

“...I suppose I should mention that I didn’t specifically arrive in this particular city,” Aidon went on, “I actually arrived in Griffinstone first--a rather hostile location filled with people that wanted nothing to do with each other. Then I made my way through Las Pegasus, and Vanhoover--which were both much more friendly though the former was too loud with its bright colors and flashing lights…”

Luna nodded. “Yes…I’m aware of the feeling. I don’t really enjoy ‘big city’ life akin to such a location. But how did it go for you?”

“Well…I realized that the people of this world were just as apprehensive to individuals they don’t understand as the pony world. To be honest, I can’t blame them though, I mean, look at me,” Aidon gestured to himself.

For a moment, Luna found herself staring at the man. “W-well…what’s not to enjoy looki--er--eep!” she squealed, cutting herself off in the process as she turned away from him, blushing furiously.

“...Is something wrong?” he asked.

Luna fanned herself by waving her hand in front of her face and replied, “Y-yes of course. I’m just feeling a bit hot and bothered…” she cleared her throat and continued the conversation, “So overall…it sounds to me as if you found solace in mathematics, yes?”

“Absolutely,” Aidon said with a smile, “Math has a strict set of rules that don’t ever change. It’s something I take comfort in because I know it’ll always remain the same when I think about it. I believe that’s why I wanted to teach it to the younger folks so they’ll have a better understanding of the world around them. Of course…I’m no fool--I know math won’t be utilized in every facet of life but…”

“It’s still admirable,” Luna encouraged him, “You’re trying your best to take one of the most vehemently hated subjects and turn it into something enjoyable. No one else can say that they’ve done that before.”

Aidon glanced at Luna with a confused expression. “...I know math isn’t the most beloved subject in the scholarly world, but is it really hated that much?”

“The last two math teachers we had ended up quitting because they gave up on trying to keep the students engaged,” Luna explained, “But you…you’ve done more for these kids than any of them have. I think you’ll end up going down in history as someone that’s made a lot of lives better with a positive influence on them.”

“You think so, huh?” Aidon chuckled at the idea. “...I’m not really interested in becoming a legend or anything, but if I can make someone’s lives better, then I’ll be satisfied knowing I did something to make someone else happy.”

“Well, I can certainly say that you’ve already done that…for me at least,” she added quietly.

“...Excuse me?”

Luna gave an honest smile and said, “...you’ve made me happy, Aidon. You’ve really opened my eyes to how foolish I was being regarding communication with my sister. I have you to thank for that. No one else has taken the time to help me understand my own flaws…so I’m grateful that you were there for it.”

“...You really think so?” Aidon replied with a sigh, “...To be honest, I’m the last pon--er, person that should be praised for something like that. I’ve still got a lot of growing to do in terms of understanding my own flaws.”

And yet, Luna would do her best to encourage him as she placed a hand on his shoulder. “And that’s perfectly okay. Because now, I can be here to uplift you as well in order to return the favor…” She removed her hand and looked off to the side as she rubbed her index finger against her cheek. “Er…if you’d be willing to deal with me that is…”

“Wh--you make it sound as if it’d be a chore,” Aidon responded with a caring tone, “Nah, don’t you work yourself. I’m more than willing to let you in--though be warned, it’s not something that just anyone can deal with--”

“I could say the same for myself, honestly,” Luna said with a chuckle as she gave a toothy grin, “It appears we both have little hangups that we’re afraid to burden each other with. But…I still want to bear that burden with you, Aidon.”

When she put it that way, the shadowman couldn’t exactly turn her down. “Well…if you’re certain. Then I’d love to have you, Luna. You’re…quite the woman indeed.”

“O-oh…am I?” she replied with a nervous blush, shivering in place, “I just…try my best…”

That’s when Aidon noticed exactly what she was wearing due to her bosoms jiggling about in those robes. “...Erm…are you comfortable in that?”

“Hm? Oh…” Luna rolled her eyes, “Ugh--just some foolish garment that my equally foolish sister and therapist suggested I wear to try and get your attention. Supposedly, the ‘illusion’ of my chest swaying about and threatening to come loose was supposed to attract you. In reality, not only did it not work, but I’ve managed to hold a conversation with you without the need for it.”

“Ah, I see now,” he replied with a laugh, “Adorable for them to look out for you in such a way--even if it is a bit misguided.”

“Hmph. They clearly don’t know me well at all,” Luna huffed as she folded her arms under her chest, accidentally pushing them up in the process and making them more pronounced. “Such dirty tactics don’t become of me.”

And yet, Aidon’s gaze didn’t change whatsoever as he focused on her face. “Don’t trouble yourself. You’re beautiful no matter what you wear, Luna.”

“...really?” she asked with a smile as she idly pushed some of her hair behind her head.

“As beautiful as the night sky itself,” he went on, gesturing to the darkened horizon that was now filled with stars. “In fact, did you know that Polaris is around 300 or so lightyears away from us at any given time?”

Luna giggled at this fact, and asked, “Really? I didn’t know that. The moon is my personal favorite thing to study. Did you know it only faces us with one side at any given time? It’s due entirely to how it and the earth rotate.”

“Ohhhh--so that’s why I find myself staring at the same cute dimples each time,” he flirted with a slight, half-grin on his face.

To which Luna immediately called him out. “...Was that an attempt to woo me, Aidon?”

“Er, well I--”

“...”

And just as the fireworks started to go off over the festival…

Luna grabbed Aidon by his robes and pressed her lips against his, making fiery, yet caring eye contact with him the whole time.

“Mmm!” While he was taken aback at first, he slowly came to accept the embrace, and put his arms around her. “...Luna, you…?”

“...I don’t think fate brought us together, Aidon,” she went on with her arms around his neck, “You…you are…can you please be mine?”

“...Of course,” he replied with a smile, “Forever and al--ah!”

He was cut off as Luna practically tackled him onto his back upon the bench, holding him close as she straddled him. “...Thank you so much. I’ve…secretly been hoping that you and I would get along well. You…understand me better than most. Not to mention…you’re wonderfully handsome--”

“And you’re equally enchanting with the visage of a goddess...I’m just glad I know you feel the same way, Luna--hrrk!” he was cut off once again by her lips--and her body--pressing against his. Aidon simply responded by putting his arms around her, keeping her close and safe…

PreviousChapters Next