• Published 3rd Nov 2021
  • 3,331 Views, 287 Comments

Family Begins With You - Jmaster49



The Sirens devote themselves to protecting Canterlot City and each other as they come to understand human holidays and traditions.

  • ...
8
 287
 3,331

PreviousChapters Next
Arc V Episode IV: We Know Our Teacher Is Innocent!

Once Twilight finished up her explanation, the siren sisters were...less than enthused at the revelation.

“What the f--so you mean to tell me that bitch still managed to get her shitty blackmail off?” Aria grumbled, “What a spiteful little cu--”

Sonata quickly shoved an apple slice in her sister’s mouth to cut her off. “That sounds pretty lame. And all right before Thanksgiving too? It’s like she has no heart…”

As Aria slowly nibbled away at the piece of fruit, Twilight started to think hard about the upcoming holiday. “...That’s right. He has no family. No friends. His whole life has been shrouded in darkness due to insanity from being alone and now he’s being forced to keep away from others even further. Poor guy...I can’t imagine how he must feel right now.”

Her thoughts were slowly interrupted by a rather off-hand nickname. “...izzlers? Twizzlers!”

“Huh? Wha--sorry,” she was jolted back into reality with her glasses nearly falling off of her face. She pushed them up with two fingers and said, “I was just thinking about the unfair hand he’s been dealt throughout life. Being a user of dark magic alone doesn’t make him evil…I wonder if his banishment was a fair one…”

“Well what are we sitting around and moping for?” Aria got up from the table, “Let’s confront the principal about this crap.”

“Huh?” Sonata tilted her head, “Why?”

“You think I’m gonna let the bitch who hurt my sister get away with whatever she wants?” Aria scoffed as she folded her arms, “Hell no. Besides, that professor guy came to you guys’ rescue, didn’t he?” she looked at Twilight while asking that question.

To which the nerd replied. “That he did. Which makes it all the more shocking. Dark magic users have always been rumored to be greedy, selfish, and corrupt. But…”

“So then let’s go, c’mon,” the purple siren beckoned them to follow. “Goetia’s not winning on my watch.”

Sonata and Twilight both got up from their table and followed them out to the principal’s office. At the same time, from her table, Sunset could spot them leaving the room from the corner of her eye…

But once they got to the office, the girls were met with a rather stiff roadblock.

“Are you serious?!” Aria huffed, “Some dumb photos of him doing nothing wrong caused some parents to flip their gears? That makes no sense!”

“Believe me,” Celestia replied, “We’re just as confused as you all are. But we merely made the suggestion for him to keep a lid on his more...eccentric teaching methods until things die down.”

Twilight would rebuke the claims as she adjusted her glasses. “No offense, Principal Celestia, but those ‘eccentric methods’,” she added with air quotes, “Were exactly what helped us pay attention. But today? Everyone left class looking like they had their brains ripped clean out of their bodies. As if they didn’t even want to learn.”

Luna would chime in with a take of her own. “Ugh. This is exactly why we hired him in the first place. We knew his methods would keep your young minds engaged. But we couldn’t have predicted that someone would try to incriminate him over it…”

“It was Goetia!” Sonata blurted out, “The new girl who supposedly transferred out? She's a wendigo that tried to hurt our sister and one of her friends! She’s the one who’s trying to keep the professor down.”

“...But why would she do something like that?” Celestia asked.

“Because,” Twilight continued, “She knew that Professor Iota would be a threat since he’s--” Then she stopped herself mid-sentence, unsure if it was okay to expose such a detail about him just yet.

“He’s...what?”

“...A very intelligent and capable adult who would’ve reported it first,” Twilight finished her thought quickly--as it was technically true.

“I see...well, there isn’t much we can do at the moment. But we will proceed with an investigation using the help of the local police department,” Celestia gazed at them with a smug expression, “And if you can also provide us with any extra proof you can find, we’ll be able to return him to his usual methods come next week after Thanksgiving break.”

Aria found this agreeable, and nodded. “Alright. Fair enough. That gives us time to spend back home with Adagio before then. C’mon, Sonata.”

“Huh--wrabhl!” the blue siren yelped as she was pulled out of the office by her older sister.

Twilight stared blankly at their departure, and turned to the principal. “...I’ll see what I can find. Can you forward those emails and the photographs to me?”

“Certainly,” Celestia replied as she started typing on the keyboard.

“Thank you,” Twilight prepared to leave the room. “Hope you two have a happy Thanksgiving.”

“You’re very welcome. Same to you, Twilight.”

And as soon as Twilight left the office…

“What happened--?!”

“BAH!” Twilight leapt backwards and retrieved a test tube from her backpack, prepared to use it as a weapon. That is, until she realized who it was that approached her. “Oh...it’s you. Don’t scare me like that, Sun-buns.”

“Oh, sorry…” she idly held her hands behind her back as she walked with her friend, “So...what happened in there?”

“It’s...a long story…”


After school…

Aidon made sure to quickly hustle out of the back door of the school to avoid being seen by anyone. The long frown on his face combined with the soulless look in his eyes gave away to everything that he had experienced in the classroom on that day.

“...Horrible. Terrible. I can’t believe I forced them all to sit through that. They looked like they wanted to give up on life. What am I gonna do? I can’t afford to lose this chance at life again…”

He slumped against the steering wheel for a few minutes until…

“...Uh, Mr. Professor?”

“Hm?” he looked up to see who had called out to him. It was a certain blonde girl with an unmistakable pair of crossed eyes. “...Hello?”

“Hi! I couldn’t help but notice that you were looking sad,” Derpy commented with a sympathetic look in her eyes, “Is everything okay?”

“It’s...nothing…” He chose not to divulge the information. “I don’t want to place my troubles on someone else.” Instead, he was quick to change the subject. “But I have to ask, Ms. Muffins--what are you doing back here? This is staff parking.”

“I’m a Junior Mail Carrier, sir!” she proudly proclaimed as she took her mailing license out of her pocket, “I handle all the mail that comes in and out of the school. Which makes me a part of the staff. But are you sure nothing’s wrong?” Even though her eyes were crossed, it wasn’t hard to see that she was worried for the professor. “You don’t look happy like you usually do once school is over. Nor did Lyra.”

“I suppose I have no choice. It would be rude to deny someone who wishes to listen.” With that in mind, he explained to the girl what his problems were and how difficult they would be to solve.

“...so unless someone finds a way to clear my name, I have to teach the class in a boring way to keep suspicion off of me for a while.”

The girl scratched the top of her head. “Oh…” Derpy was puzzled and unsure how to solve such a problem. “I could offer him a muffin, but that would only make things worse. I suppose talking to him wouldn’t be a bad thing, right?” Since that was out, all she could say was, “Well...I hope they figure something out soon. You deserve to have a stress-free Thanksgiving with your family.”

Aidon sighed. “...I appreciate the gesture, Ms. Muffin--but I don’t have a family to share such traditions with.”

“...Oh no...I-I didn’t know. I’m sorry.” Derpy looked down at the ground, under the impression she had overstepped a boundary.

He shook his head. “It’s alright. Don’t worry yourself about it. As an adult, I have to solve most of my problems myself. I can’t always rely on someone else.”

Derpy was quick to debate this. “But…Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna help each other. My mom and dad help each other…”

“That’s different when it’s adults helping other adults,” Aidon sighed again, and started his vehicle which caused Derpy to back away. “You’ll understand when you get older. Have a good day and a happy Thanksgiving, Ms. Muffins.”

Once she was at a safe enough distance, the suv pulled out of the lot, leaving a disappointed Derpy on her own as she walked towards her bicycle. “There’s a way to help him...there has to be.”

PreviousChapters Next