• Published 3rd Nov 2021
  • 3,351 Views, 287 Comments

Family Begins With You - Jmaster49



The Sirens devote themselves to protecting Canterlot City and each other as they come to understand human holidays and traditions.

  • ...
8
 287
 3,351

PreviousChapters Next
Arc IX Episode III: Blueblood's Banal Belligerence

Once the light had disappeared, all that was left was Blueblood…in a completely new form with brilliantly golden angel wings that protruded from his back. With the power of Goetia’s essence, he had also acquired a magical wizard’s staff that matched the shining yellow color of the wings.

“It’s over for you, vermin.”

Aidon’s eyes nearly bulged out of his head once he saw the suited man transform into an angelic creature. In an instant, he had already figured out what Blueblood had turned himself into and what he used to acquire such a form.

“You…transmutated her into yourself to become an angel, didn’t you?”

“Mm…such a barbaric description…” Blueblood scoffed and pointed the staff in Aidon’s direction. “I’d prefer to call it…fusion. Regardless, I’m no longer in the mood for mistakes or games. This ends here and now. Demons such as yourself are a blight on this world and have no place here.”

Aidon grit his teeth as he stood up. Despite the cuts he had sustained from the explosion, he was prepared to fight back. “How do you know…how do you know anything beyond what your bias confirms? You’re trapped in a logical fallacy that only serves to add up incorrect values!”

“Enough!” Blueblood shouted as he cast a laser of light magic from the heavens to come down upon Aidon’s position.

“...!” Luckily, he was able to avoid it just in time with a quick evasive roll.

Blueblood went on, but his voice was a bit…different. As if it had multiple, reverberating layers that echoed when he spoke as his eyes turned the same shade of gold. “You are a creature of darkness and hatred. There is no way your influence won’t spread to the rest of the city and corrupt the masses. As a being of light, it’s my job to exterminate you.”

“A being of…oh shit no…” Aidon muttered to himself as he realized the implications behind what Blueblood had been saying. He hadn’t only combined Goetia’s essence, but the essence of another being entirely which he himself fused with in order to become…

“...He’s an Archangel. One corrupted by his own hubris.” Aidon thought as he looked at Blueblood’s watch and could practically smell the boundless magic coming from it. “That’s the source of his power. Some kind of program that allows him to fuse with the magic of otherworldly beings. I have to disable it somehow.”

“Any last words?” Blueblood’s voice boomed out to him, “Or shall I make your death slow and painful instead?”

While Aidon was usually rather hesitant to fight someone younger than himself, he had no choice for the sake of his survival. “I will not allow you to force your doctrine as gospel,” he said as he raised his right fist and took a defensive stance. “It is you who are corrupting this land with your pursuits of absolute values. Not me. I’m aware of my imperfections--you seem to be blinded by the light.”

“I won’t be lectured by some beast from Hell!” Blueblood shouted back with twice as much force as the veins on his neck started to bulge. “You will regret ever stepping foot in this world and infecting it with your scummy presence, vile creature!”

There was no stopping him at this point. The man was completely drowned within his own twisted morals that he refused to listen to reason. Aidon had no choice but to defend himself and fight back.

And so, Blueblood charged in and fired off multiple rays of light in Aidon’s direction--to which the man blocked them with a shield made of darkness…

CRACK!

Until Blueblood shattered it into nothingness with a single swing of his fist.

“Ghh!” The force was so great that Aidon was sent backwards a few feet with the soles of his shoes digging into the concrete below.

“YA!”

SHOOM!

With enough force to push the limits of the sound barrier, Blueblood flung his light staff straight at Aidon’s chest--aiming to kill him outright.

“...!”

It traveled so fast that dodging was simply impossible. So instead…

“Hrrrk!”

As soon as it grazed the side of his abdomen, he caught it with his bare hand. The wound it left had started to eat away at his cellular structure. Thankfully, when he had grabbed the weapon in his hand, it reacted to his dark magic by collapsing in on itself and disappearing into nothingness as only the tip of the staff was deadly.

“Dammit…what is that…?”

“Just a little something I’ve been working on!” Blueblood shouted as he leapt at Aidon with a flying kick.

But Aidon was quick on the uptake and reacted by catching the young man’s ankle, grabbing him, and throwing him against a nearby tree. With a loud thud!, Blueblood seethed as the tree broke in half and fell over behind him.

“Damn you…”

Aidon glared at him and spoke coldly, “Leave now before things get messy. You have no idea what sort of power you’re messing around with. Just because you claim to be a being of light does not absolve you from being in the wrong.”

“You don’t get it, do you?” Blueblood muttered as he stood upright, “Fine then. I suppose I’ll have to resort to more…personalized tactics.”

“What--?!”

But before Aidon could say anything else, Blueblood took off into the air and started flying down the street. “Try to keep up if you dare, cretin!”

With no other option, Aidon had to take off after him. “No…if he’s going to do what I think he’s going to do…” As much as he didn’t want it to be the case, he could already predict what was going to happen. Aidon sprinted with conviction as his shadow-pony magic gave his body the extra stamina that he needed to run like a track athlete. “I won’t let you! Get back here!”

Aidon kept a close eye on the winged man and soon enough, he realized where he was headed…

Derpy’s house.

PreviousChapters Next