• Published 3rd Nov 2021
  • 3,330 Views, 287 Comments

Family Begins With You - Jmaster49



The Sirens devote themselves to protecting Canterlot City and each other as they come to understand human holidays and traditions.

  • ...
8
 287
 3,330

PreviousChapters Next
Arc XXVII Episode VI: Recovery Time

In the hospital…

Micro Chips eventually awakened in a hospital bed with his head heavily bandaged up. “Ach…my head. What happened?”

“You were struck with a violent blow to the head,” the doctor explained, “Your condition is stable, but you might suffer from short-term memory loss for a while.”

Thankfully, Micro was able to remember just enough about what happened before he was struck. “No…I…what happened to Wallflower? Where is she?”

“...calm down, son. You need to rest yourself,” the doctor urged him to keep himself calm. “And your friend is just fine as well. She’s actually sharing this very room with you.” He pushed the curtain aside to allow Micro to see that yes--Wallflower was indeed lying in the hospital bed unconscious with her EKG beeping steadily.

“Okay…that’s good…argh…” Micro groaned as he clutched the side of his head and lied back down. “I…can’t think of anything else right now, though.”

“Unfortunate, but not unexpected,” the doctor closed the curtain, “You need to relax your mind. The more you stress, the less likely you are to recover your memories, young man.”

And Micro knew he couldn’t argue with that. To overwork his mind in a time of distress would be disastrous and only make his friends worry about him even more. “...understood,” was all he could say as he lied back down.

The doctor would leave the room, and outside Flash Sentry was waiting.

“How is he, doc?”

“He’ll be fine. But I recommend waiting to speak with him for a while. He needs to get his bearings before he tries to communicate.”

Flash sighed, and sat down on the bench nearby. “...I understand. Thanks for doing all that you can, doc.”

As the doctor left down the hallway, Aidon approached the room and sat next to Flash.

“...I just spoke with the medical professionals,” Aidon muttered, “They said he’ll recover but be stricken with spotty amnesia for a bit. Is that correct?”

“Yeah…wish I could’ve killed that bitch myself…” Flash grumbled as he trembled with anger in his seat.

“...Calm yourself,” Aidon warned him, “What’s done is done. What ultimately matters is that your friends continue to live. As for the one who attacked them…he shall suffer the weight of his actions.”

“You’re for sure?”

Aidon nodded. “I am. Right now, the best thing you can do is be strong for them both. They need someone like you to keep them motivated.”

“...Me, huh?” Flash looked down at himself and chuckled at the idea. “...I think I can try.”

“No. I don’t need you to try. I need you to do it, Flash,” Aidon persisted. “You can’t try your way through life--as we’ve clearly witnessed tonight. You need to take proactive measures and start making your own decisions. Got that?”

“...Yes, sir. I get you.”

“Good. Think about that for me, eh?” Aidon got up, and walked towards the front lobby of the hospital to give Flash some space and time to think. After everything that had happened, he was simply grateful that his students were alive.

“Hopefully that entire crime family gets what’s coming to them. Now I just need to talk to Starswirl about--”

But before he could finish that though, he was interrupted by a frantic Luna that arrived with a loss of breath as she threw her arms around the shadow man.

“...Aidon! I heard what happened. Is everyone okay?”

“...Mostly,” he admitted with a heavy heart as he put his arms around her in return, then let go after a moment. “Micro Chips is suffering from severe head trauma and there’s no telling how long it’ll take him to recover.”

“Oh…” Luna looked down with a sad frown on her face, but then raised her head to look Aidon in the eyes. “Okay then. I’ll do all I can to help him--”

“Then we should start by focusing on each other,” Aidon cut her off, “There’s little we can do for him at present, and to stress further would simply make things worse for him, Luna.”

The blue woman pouted for a moment, then accepted what he had to say. “Alright then. At least tell me that the one who harmed him is in custody…right, Aidie?”

“Oh, trust me, they’re suffering underneath the weight of their actions more than you could imagine. For I feel no mercy for--” He caught himself mid-rant and shook his head. “I’m sorry. Now isn’t the time to get worked up. We need to let everyone heal at their own pace and since Starswirl is currently speaking with the girls on how their magic works, I’m left to my own devices for the moment as I figure out what I should do next. Before that young man kicked the bucket, I managed to pry exactly where he got his cybernetic implants from…”

“...That being?”

“C. Corporation.”

PreviousChapters Next