• Published 3rd Nov 2021
  • 3,331 Views, 287 Comments

Family Begins With You - Jmaster49



The Sirens devote themselves to protecting Canterlot City and each other as they come to understand human holidays and traditions.

  • ...
8
 287
 3,331

PreviousChapters Next
Arc XIX Episode VI: Dead Woman's Hand

It all happened in the blink of an eye. So fast in fact, that nobody could process what had occurred. In order to explain it, everything needed to play out in slow-motion.

To be frank, Flash’s knowledge of explosives came from his background with his grandparents having been a part of the Canterlot City Coast Guard. It was a risk, but there was only one way to deal with the situation of this high intensity:

Disarm the opponent completely.

To do this, Flash made use of his new abilities and control over the soundwaves in the air. He charged forward and in a split-second, punched the air in front of him. Thanks to the speed of sound being insanely quick, the blast of soundwaves resulted in a musical cacophony that played every note from A to F around the sides of her head at once:

BWA!

The result of this was a forced state of paralysis as the loud noise scrambled Lucide’s brain, causing a mispress that rendered her unable to properly activate the explosives.

“...AGH!”

Immediately after, Flash reached into the explosives and tore out the wires and severed their connection to the detonator, disarming them completely. And to finish her off, he grabbed ahold of her from behind with his arm around her neck, bent her back with his knee, and kicked her forward so that she’d faceplant against the ground, subduing her completely…

…or so they thought.

“DIE DIE DIE!” she screamed as she rose up off of the ground, looking to attack them one final time…

“RRHF!” But with a quick tackle from Spike, she was taken down once more and for the final time as he pinned her head to the pavement with one of his claws. “You’re not going anywhere…”

Now silenced thanks to the large werewolf that kept her held down, their mission was a success…for now.

Aidon sighed and shook his head. “...Starswirl…you’ve caused us a lot of problems. I hope you’re happy with what you’ve done.”

“Everything alright, teach?” Sandbar asked.

“Call the police,” Aidon commanded, “We need to get her into custody while we keep the school secure…and hope the others can track her down…” “Should I join them or remain here?”

“I should text Wallflower about what we’re dealing with,” Flash said as he pulled out his phone, “It’ll make things much easier.”


At the planetarium…

Wallflower had parked her car outside of the building, and exited alongside Keiji and Rumble. It didn’t take very long to find their target--the changeling woman who was sitting atop the building with her legs crossed.

“You’re just in time,” she commented from above with a smug expression on her face, “I’m just about to begin turning this world upside-down and making it into something better. To where you humans won’t have to worry about anything anymore.”

“Holy shit lady,” Keiji rolled his eyes while scratching behind one of his ears, “I know I can be a cynical asshole sometimes, but you’re really reaching--and I mean, reaching.”

Acida raised a brow and stared down at the boy. Once she got a good look at him, her eyes lit up. “...! Wait a second…aren’t you one of those vampire-ponies from Trotsylvania? Why are you alongside them when you can claim this world for yourself?”

“Because--as cheesy as it sounds, I’ve realized that surviving in this world isn’t possible unless someone’s there to watch your ass,” Keiji proclaimed as he put one of his arms around Rumble’s shoulder, “And this guy here is one of ‘em. Not to mention some of the chicks you put under mind control. Ever heard of the Sirens?”

“...What he said!” Rumble pouted angrily--unable to come up with anything to add, but he still stood proudly alongside his friend.

“Uch--you’ve become soft. Just like those pitiful young ladies. Unable to stand up for themselves. But no problem--they’re going to be getting a rather bestial upgrade once I take over. Not even Chrysalis could step to me!” she cackled and placed her hand on the pearl necklace she wore around her neck.

Wallflower immediately laid eyes on it and thought, “That’s what Flash texted me about. The Pearl Necklace from Equestria. We need to find a way to get it off of her.”

Once he thought about what to say, Rumble took a step forward and shouted, “Listen you! Scootaloo’s got enough shit going on in her mind without you infecting it with your lovey-dovey corruption! Either undo the spell or we’ll make you, dammit!”

Keiji chuckled as he watched his friend make such a bold statement. “Heh. Guess he’s picked up a thing or two from me.” “What he said,” he added, mirroring Rumble’s words from moments ago. “We’ve got weapons and we aren’t afraid to use ‘em.”

“You’re not worth my time,” Acida replied as she sat upon the building in a casual manner. “I’ve already acquired all of the magic I need to start remaking this world. If you wish to be the first victims, then so be it.”

From a void, Keiji pulled out his blood-red katana. “We’re gonna make you eat those words, ya old hag!”

“OLD?!” Her hair flared up from that comment as she flicked her finger, releasing what appeared to be an insect larvae the size of a small car from her person, and firing it off as a projectile that was set to explode--!

Keiji poised himself to cut it with his sword, but before that could happen…

“Look out, brother!” Rumble yelped as he jumped in front of his friend, and destroyed the giant insect sac with a windmill kick that was so powerful that his entire body was consumed by what appeared to be a silver aura that allowed him to fight alongside Keiji.

“WHAT?!” the changeling woman screamed as she watched her larvae disintegrate, “How can you make use of such power?! You’re a feeble…boy-thing!”

Rumble hopped back and forth on his feet, assuming a fighting stance. “I have no idea--but I learned a lot from Grandmaster Doo-San!”

“...Well I’ll be damned,” Keiji muttered. “Seems like the magic from my world is picking and choosing who to give power to. Whatever gets us through this shit faster I suppose.”

PreviousChapters Next