• Published 3rd Nov 2021
  • 3,330 Views, 287 Comments

Family Begins With You - Jmaster49



The Sirens devote themselves to protecting Canterlot City and each other as they come to understand human holidays and traditions.

  • ...
8
 287
 3,330

PreviousChapters Next
Arc X Episode I: Situation Report

Once a week had passed, word had officially gotten out about Aidon and Blueblood’s little scuffle. Everyone was talking about it--especially the CHS students who were rooting for their professor.

Principal Celestia meanwhile…

“...I can’t believe he would do such a thing,” she grumbled to herself as she looked over the documents in her office. “All this time…blech. What a disgusting man--lying, deceiving, attacking others simply for who they are and where they came from…” She rubbed the side of her head with her fingers to massage herself, “I can’t believe I’m related to him.”

Aidon entered her office and tried to explain himself. “...Ms. Celestia, I--”

But as soon as he stepped foot inside of her office, she shook her head. “Don’t worry yourself. I’m the one who should apologize. I feel…depraved for not taking care of him better to prevent something like this from happening.”

“Well, with all due respect,” the man tried to offer some logic, “He was a fully grown adult by human standards. If he couldn’t understand how his actions were hurting others because of how close-minded he was, that’s his own fault. Not yours.”

“I suppose you have a point,” Celestia folded her arms and sat back in her chair. “Oddly--I don’t feel anything despite the fact that he was confirmed to be dead.”

Yet again, Aidon would put his logistic tendencies to work. “Well that’s just it. If we don’t care for the person while they were alive, why should that change once they die? ‘Never speak ill of the dead’ is an omen crafted by sinister individuals. Martyrs even.” He turned his head and started looking outside of her office window at the various students that started to enter the school. “...People who don’t care for anyone but themselves but still want to be regarded as an important figurehead in death so that some other ignorant fool will carry on the legacy of a previous one.”

Celestia looked up at him with a concerned frown. “...You’re speaking from experience, are you not?”

He adjusted his glasses and turned to look at her once more. “Maybe. But that’s water under the bridge now. I’m just glad that the rest of the students are safe and can begin to enjoy the holidays without anyone breathing hatred down their necks.”

“...You know what? I agree,” Celestia replied as her expression softened. “We could all use a break. Though, I will say, the snow hasn’t arrived yet which I find odd.”

“Hm, yes,” Aidon added as he looked outside again, “Come to think of it, it’s not that cold either. I suppose Mother Nature has something else planned in terms of weather for this year.”

“Whatever the case, I’m just glad everything is right as rain--or lack thereof,” the principal said with a small giggle. “Is everything alright on your end?”

“Yes,” he said with a nod, “Don’t worry about me, miss. Happy Holidays to you.” And with that, he turned and left the office…only to be met with a few waiting faces right outside. “What the--?!”

…Several students including Derpy and Octavia were waiting for him outside of the principal’s office to shower him with admiration and praise.

“See?” Derpy said to the crowd, “I told you guys he was real.”

“I saw the stream yesterday,” Octavia added, “That was some exemplary combat technique. Just how did you manage?”

“Who are you working for and where can I get their info?” Bon Bon said as she took out a pen and notepad.

“What’s the physical and mathematical nature behind your magic?” Micro Chips asked.

“How can I become that Grrrreat and Powerful--?!” Trixie squealed and cleared her throat as some of the other students shot knowing looks in her direction. “Ahem. Not that I need to. Asking for a friend.”

Aidon sighed into his palm, but exposed the smallest of smiles on his face. “...They really like me, huh? Is this what being cared for feels like?”

Meanwhile, on the other end of the hall. A certain trio was making their way into school…

“I still can’t believe you did all that, Ari! That was totes-mega dangerous,” Sonata commented as they walked.

Aria had a bandage on her left ankle from the burn, but thankfully was able to walk without much issue. “Says the girl who was fighting a buncha spiders. What the hell was that?”

Adagio simply giggled. “You two are amazing, you know that? I stay home for one day and you guys start becoming guardians of the city like something out of a comic book.” She pulled out a list on a sheet of paper. “It’s actually given me more time to think about Christmas than I otherwise would’ve had….”

“Ooh!” Sonata tried to lean over her eldest sister’s shoulder and squealed, “Is that Santa’s list? I’ve been a good girl all year!”

Adagio sneakily put it away. “Relax, Sona. Santa won’t come if he catches you peeking.”

“Hmmmmph,” the blue girl sulked as she puffed out her cheeks.

Aria leaned in and whispered to Adagio. “...Are you seriously letting her think that--”

“Shhh. If she believes it, I believe it. And it seems that our professor has earned himself a bit of fame, hm?” the yellow girl commented as they happened upon the scene from afar. “It seems that everyone is more aware of the magic that’s seeping into this world from Equestria. That video stream…thing seemed to have let everyone know what’s going on at once, didn’t it?”

“However the heck it works, it doesn’t matter,” Aria replied with a grin, “Blueballs is out of the picture and won’t be causing anymore harm to us. Isn’t that right, Sonata?”

No response.

“...Sonata?” Aria repeated and they both turned around to find their sister had been talking to someone else. Namely Rainbow Dash.

The rainbow-haired senior was shivering as she stared into her locker. “Brrr…I’m telling you, it was super weird, Sonata. Are you absolutely sure you wanna hear it?”

“Of course I do,” Sonata insisted with a worried frown on her face, “You’re my friend. I’m willing to help you out no matter what, okay?”

“Okay…” Dash sighed and started to explain herself as she rubbed her hand behind her neck. “Essentially…I was having this weird dream. A dream that it was Christmas.”

Sonata nodded as she focused on Dash with a more serious expression. “Christmas. Got it. What else?”

“And then, uh…I found myself under a Mistletoe in my house. And somehow, someway…Zephyr Breeze was there, and he k-k-kissed me!” she groaned while shutting her eyes. “And you wanna know the worst part?”

Sonata revolted, and had to hold herself back from gagging. “Hrrk--! Ahem--um…oh my goodness…what else happened?”

Dash put her hands on Sonata’s shoulders as she opened her eyes--they were bloodshot from a lack of sleep. “I was enjoying it. Then he and I spent all of Christmas together! It was like my dream was being hijacked! No way in hell would I want to get that close to him!”

“...” All Sonata could do was stare and blink. She was speechless. “...I don’t…I don’t get it. How can someone take over your dream? We’re not in Equestria--and even then, Princess Luna’s the only one who can perform dream magic. I wonder…”

PreviousChapters Next