• Published 3rd Nov 2021
  • 3,327 Views, 287 Comments

Family Begins With You - Jmaster49



The Sirens devote themselves to protecting Canterlot City and each other as they come to understand human holidays and traditions.

  • ...
8
 287
 3,327

PreviousChapters Next
Arc XIII Episode XV: Prep Talk

At Canterlot City Hospital…

Sugarcoat had finally opened her eyes. There were several bandages wrapped around her abdomen as well as her head. Thankfully, the steady beeping of the EKG displayed that she was more than functional.

“Oogh…” she muttered out a low moan of pain, “What happened…I swear it felt so real…”

Next to her, Sour Sweet would have her own hospital bed and comment. “...Yup. It was real.” She was hooked up to an IV drip and had to get extra blood pumped into her body from the sheer amount of drainage she experienced while under the influence of the elephant demon. “Sorry I got…you involved, Sugar. That was…probably the worst thing I’d ever done.”

Surprisingly, Sugarcoat wasn’t upset at all. In fact, one could see the smallest of smiles on her face. “...Well, as long as you’re aware that taking power from a demon from another world was a bad idea and that you have no intention of doing it again…I forgive you.”

Sour gave a weak chuckle in response to her friend’s bluntness, “Heh…damn. As abrasive as ever, huh?”

“Can’t help it,” Sugarcoat replied as her smile faded away, “After that…terrible accident I had when I was younger, I simply can’t express myself like other people can. I actually envy you, Sour. You’re able to express such a wide range of emotions in a short amount of time…”

“True…” Sour’s expression also melted into a long, sad frown, “But that’s only because I have issues of my own too. If anything, I’m jealous of you. You can actually keep your emotions in check. Unlike my stupid little yellow dumbass…” she trailed off as a few tears started dripping from her eyes. “I’m an emotional wreck that nobody wants to be around. None of the boys at school even talk to me. I’m gonna die old and alone at this rate…”

“Hey…no matter what happens,” Sugarcoat spoke up, “You’re still my friend. And I care about you. Don’t let what your bitch of an aunt thinks formulate how you see the world. It’s up to you how you see the world.”

“But how…?” Sour replied with a few sniffles in between her words, “She controls every aspect of my life right down to what I can and can’t wear. I have no choice but to listen to her…”

Being the smug snake she was, Sugarcoat already had a prediction in mind. “Well, I’m almost certain that she’s gonna be arrested for what she’s done to you. So you won’t have to worry about her anymore. Not to mention, since you’re 19, you can live by yourself without issue.”

“...You’re right. But still…” Sour muttered with a looming sense of dread. “What about the girls at school? Do they still think of me as some weirdo with two personalities? How can I go back after all of this?”

“Therapy,” Sugarcoat suggested, “Some good, quality therapy should work wonders for us…we need time to figure out how to deal with these plagues in our heads. And we’ll work through it together. Alright?”

Sour smiled at her friend, and couldn’t help but sniffle from the tears she shed as a result of Sugarcoat’s words. “...Okay. Thank you. That helps a lot knowing that you’ve got my back in all of this.”

“That’s what friends are for,” Sugarcoat replied as she lay down in her hospital bed, “Or so they say.”

“Yeah…” Sour looked down at herself--all the medical wires that were hooked up to her and the pale blue medical gown that she had on. “Well…on the bright side, I’ve never felt more free than I do now…?”

Sugarcoat opened one eye and responded with a flat, “What.”

“L-listen for a second, hear me out--check this: These hospital gowns are pretty comforting aren’t they?” she said with a nervous smile while trying to make normal conversation. “I mean, you essentially get to let it all hang out, right?”

“...Heh,” Sugarcoat let out the tiniest of chuckles, “Your sense of humor is still the same. Hope that doesn’t change, Sour.”

“Yeah…me too…” Sour replied as she lied down as well in order to rest.


Back at CHS…

Silver Spoon made a request to use the bathroom with Diamond Tiara following right after. Once they were in the quiet hallways of the school, they headed to the girls’ bathroom to continue their conversation.

“As I was saying,” Silver Spoon went on, “I just think that that boy is bad news. He comes into your life while I’m away and you suddenly start fawning over him? It’s fairly suspicious if you ask me.”

Tiara sighed as she slapped her palm against her forehead. “It’s called having concern for my friends out of basic human decency. Unless--oh I’m sorry, is that suddenly a crime now? To be worried about someone?” she questioned, raising an eyebrow with her hands on her hips.

“No no. I just don’t like vampires and think he might’ve put you under some sort of hypnosis while I was gone. C’mon, Di. You gotta admit that he looks like a straight up vagabond. You can understand some of my suspicions, can’t you?”

“WHAT THE--No…don’t do what mom does. Don’t do what mom does…” Tiara fumed--her cheeks turned red as she took a deep breath and exhaled calmly. Once her mind was clear, she did her best to speak her mind without malice. “Maybe. But you’re being a bit unreasonable. He’s actually pretty nice--if not a bit of a dirty-mouth. Plus, I’d say he’s somewhat cute--in a platonic way that is. You know I’m not interested in romance…”

“Tch,” Spoon scoffed as she rolled her eyes, “Yeah…you have a point. Still--”

Tiara put a hand on her friend’s shoulder and made an offer. “Look. Why don’t I invite you both over sometime? Maybe you could get to know each other better that way?”

Spoon took a look at the pink girl’s pleading, desperate eyes. “She’s serious about this…dammit. She’s wrapped around his finger.” Despite her negative thoughts, she managed to eek out a positive response. “...Okay, Di. I’ll bite.”

And Tiara was none the wiser, accepting her best friend’s words without hesitation and with a hug. “Thanks. That means a lot to me. And you’ll see how much he means to me too. As a friend. Got it?”

“Yeah…got it.”

PreviousChapters Next