• Published 12th Oct 2021
  • 1,790 Views, 65 Comments

Equestria Ninja Halloween - Jebens1



Join the Turtles, Rainbooms, and their friends in these spooky stories, they face all kinds of spooks.

  • ...
1
 65
 1,790

8. Epilogue

A few weeks later, back at the Foot HQ, Karai entered a dark room carrying something wrapped in a cloth. After she closed the door, she then lit a few candles and looked up. Hanging on the wall was a large portrait of Hamato Yoshi and Tang Chen. Below it was a mantel with an empty sword holder.

Karai knelt down and carefully unwrapped the cloth, revealing Mitsu's katana, and placed it on the holder. She stared at it for a moment before lowering her head in sadness.

"I see you have made a shrine to honor our family," Karai looked up to see Splinter. "Including Mitsu."

"Even after all she did, she was still family," Karai said dismally.

Splinter noticed his daughter's depressed tone and asked, "Miwa, something is troubling you?"

Karai looked up with sadness in her voice, "I'm the last Hamato, father! The last living member of our family! Before I learned Mitsu's true colors, I felt like I wasn't alone. That I had one living relative left. But now she's gone! Just like all the other Hamatos." Karai was on verge of tears. "Have you ever felt so... alone?"

"There were times when I did indeed feel alone," Splinter admitted. "Before I knew you were alive, I too felt that I was the last of our family. And the last of our clan. And when you fell under Shredder's mind control, I felt I lost you all over again."

"Is that why you adopted Leo and the others?" Karai asked.

"Yes. But when we were transformed by the mutation, I had to protect them from the Kraang. Slowly but surely, they began acting like children. And I began seeing them like another chance for a family. They looked to me as a parent and in time, I accepted them as my sons."

"And it was thanks to them I learned the truth and we reunited," Karai concluded.

"Indeed. Sometimes, even when not related by blood, a family can be measured by the heart. And we have both seen that with not only the Turtles but with everyone in our lives. They will always be there for you like a family."

Karai smiled and hugged Splinter, "Thank you, father."

Splinter smiled at his daughter before he turned serious, "Miwa, there is something you must know. Something that I should've told you and my sons long ago. Back when my sons were very young and had just begun their ninja training," he began as a flashback acured. "I would often go to the surface on patrol while they slept, to insure that the Kraang had still not discovered our location. One night, I spotted a man and woman walking the streets and to my surprise, the woman was non other than Mitsu. Consumed by curiosity, I went for a closer look while keeping to the shadows. I soon came to discover, that the man was Mitsu's husband. But then came the biggest surprise of all. For not only had Mitsu married, she had also... had a child. A baby girl." The flashback ended.

Karai stared in utter disbelief. After a moment, she finally spoke, "Mitsu... had a child? Then, that would mean... I have a..."

"A cousin," Splinter finished. "Yes, Miwa. You have another living blood relative."

"What is her name?" Karai asked.

"I'm afraid I do not know." Splinter shook his head.

"If I knew what she looked like, I'd have Chaplin track her down. Maybe I can have him contact Gamer to find any leads," Karai pondered.

"But why?" Splinter asked curiously.

"I'm worried she might be like Mitsu and try to usurp Leo for the title of the Hamato Clan! I just want to take precaution since we both know how I fought over Oroku Saki's leadership of the Foot Clan."

Splinter smiled as he placed his hand on his daughter's shoulder, "I wouldn't worry about it, Miwa. There's also a chance she is more accepting than her mother was. And I believe fate will bring her to your lives just as fate reunited both of us. If there's a chance she would want revenge, just remember to reach out to her like Leonardo did for you. Like you, She will eventually learn the truth herself."

Karai looked down in thought for a moment, before she smiled. "Thank you, father," she looked up only to find that Splinter was gone. But she smiled to herself, knowing that with her new found friends and her adopted brothers in the Turtles, she would never be truly alone. And for whatever reason, her heart told her that she did indeed not worry about this mystery cousin. Though she couldn't help but wonder who that cousin was?


At a corner house in another part of town, a fourteen year old girl sat at her computer reading a news article. Then she picked up a cellphone and dialed a number.

After a few seconds, she spoke, "Yo, Max, it's Hana. Listen, go get Pervis and meet me at the China town museum. There's something you guys gotta see!" The girl stood up and left her room.

On her computer screen, the news article showed a picture of a group of divers handing a familiar dagger to the China town museum curator. The headline read:

"Stolen Artifact The Mystic Dagger Found And Returned To Museum!"

Author's Note:

Well, this fic took longer than I wanted, but at least it's finally finished. And for those of you who don't know yet who this mystery cousin is, and those that do know, she'll make her debut in my future crossover, Equestria Ninja Scoob!

Comments ( 11 )

Excellent ending with Karai and Splinter’s heart to heart. Can’t wait to see the next story featuring Scooby and the gang

And it is done! Happy to help again

Things are gonna get more exciting, can't wait for the next fic.

It took a while, but it's finally finished. Looking forward to more.

Comment posted by Kburke20 deleted Dec 13th, 2023

"Is that why you adapted Leo and the others?" Karai asked.

I think you made a spelling mistake. You wrote "adapted" instead of "adopted".

11774109
Ok. And Are you sure that the epilogue is the last chapter? It just because it says that your story is incomplete.

11774154
It is. Gotta fix that.

Login or register to comment