• Published 8th Sep 2012
  • 835 Views, 27 Comments

Racing Rainbow - FlutterMac16



"Living with her Aunt, RainbowDash indures love, hate, triumph, betrayal, loss, and many hardsh

  • ...
4
 27
 835

Mall and Meeting House

Aunt Stormy pulled open the door of the garage. Rainbow tried to buckle her safety belt. "Aunt Stormy! The buckle won't go in!" she called from inside the truck. Aunt Stormy got in and strapped herself in. "Oh that used to happen a lot. I've got something here." Aunt Stormy reached over and opened the glove compartment. She pulled out some sliver duct tape. "Here you go." Aunt Stormy started duct tapping the strap. Rainbow laughed. "Really?! Is that even legal?" Rainbow asked with amusement. Aunt Stormy laughed even though it wasn't a joke. "As long as it's strong." she replied.

Aunt Stormy shoved her key into ignition. She slammed her hoof on the gas. eeeeeerrrrrrrrr!!! The truck skid on the dirt. "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" screamed Rainbow. Rainbow yelled over the screeching tires. "SLOW DOWN WOMAN!!!" Aunt Stormy chuckled. "I haven't driven this in years! Let's go on a joy ride! WOOOO WHOOOO!!" Rainbow screamed again.

After a whole minute, Rainbow had gone crazy on her Aunt for her to slow down. "Alright, alright. Just calm down." said Aunt Stormy. They where going normal speed now. They traveled down a long dirt road, which led to town. Rainbow stared out the window. There were mountains in the background and corn fields as far as she could see. In one of the fields she saw a huge white barn. Behind it she swore she saw a race track, but it was to far away to tell. She turned to her Aunt."Aunt Stormy? What's that big white barn over there?" asked Rainbow. Aunt Stormy's eyes never moved from the road. "That's the Oldenburg Raceway. That's a place I wish for you not to go."replied Aunt Stormy. Rainbow looked one more time at the barn before it went out of view.

Aunt Stormy drove into town. There were little shops and places to eat everywhere. Small houses lined the narrow street. "Aunt Stormy? What's MeadowBrooke like?" asked Rainbow. "Well........it's nothing like your old school. In fact it's up here on the left." replied Aunt Stormy. Rainbow leaned over trying to get a better view. Finally the school came into view. "Woah.........." Rainbow's eye's grew. The campus was huge. "That school is for ponies from 2nd and up?" asked Rainbow. "Yes it is. The building on your right is for 1st and down." Aunt Stormy sighed. Rainbow moved her tail on her lap and started brushing it. "That school looks scary." said Rainbow. Rainbow was in awe of the size of the campus. She saw ponies talking and carrying saddlebags. "Why are they there if school is tomorrow?" asked Rainbow.

Aunt Stormy's tail twitched. "Oh my gosh. I forgot to tell you that you have a tour of the campus today!" Aunt Stormy blushed in embarrassment. Rainbow's jaw dropped. Then she face-hoofed. She shook her head and told herself to forget about it for now. "When are we going to get to the mall?" Rainbow wondered. "Well. First we have to get you a navy blue skirt." Aunt Stormy stated. "A skirt?!" Rainbow yelped. "I don't do skirts. No way." Aunt Stormy gave her a glare. "Every mare and or filly like you, wears a navy blue skirt. It's the school's uniform. You can wear whatever you want on top. As long as it follows the dress code."

Finally they got to the mall. Rainbow and her Aunt went in through some small glass doors. Inside it didn't look like a mall at all. "Um...What was the name of this place again?" Rainbow asked. Aunt Stormy sighed. "Ye Oldenburg Market. You know you ask to many questions." Rainbow looked around the place. "It looks more like a barn in here then a mall." said Rainbow. Then something caught her eye. It was a poster of a racetrack. She was about to look at it but her Aunt pulled her into a clothing store. Colorful vests and t-shirts, and who knows what else, was hung in continuous clothing racks.

Aunt Stormy looked through vests with her hoof. "How about this for the first day?" Aunt Stormy held up navy blue vest. Rainbow looked at it with disgust. "Sure. I have no idea what I'm supposed to get." Rainbow frowned. Her aunt told her to look around the mall, but she stayed to make sure Aunt Stormy didn't buy something crazy. After an hour or so they had finished. Aunt Stormy called a stallion over to help carry the bags. She made Rainbow get into the navy vest and skirt.

They both got into the pick-up. "Aunt Stormy. I don't want to wear this." Rainbow crossed her forelegs. "You have to. We're going to the tour of the campus now." Aunt Stormy started the truck, and they were on their way. They arrived at the school just in time. Rainbow looked at the other students walking inside.

She was never concerned about what she looked like, but this was different. She saw all the fancy ponies in thier navy skirt and high fashion shirts. She was glad she went shopping, but her clothing wasn't as nice as theirs. She shook her head. Who cares what they think? Aunt Stormy trotted around the truck. "You ready?" She looked at her with a loving face. "Mm Hm." Rainbow swiped her hair. Together they walked in the meeting building.

Rainbow shyly walked to the 2nd graders seats. In this school they separated filly's and colts. She sat next to a yellow filly with a pink mane and a purple filly with a purple and pink mane. "Hi I'm Rainbow Dash." she said to the purple filly. It stared at her, then gave her a smile. "I'm Twilight Sparkle. Nice to meet you. Is this your first year?" Rainbow smiled. Maybe it's her first year too! Then we could be friends! "Yes. Yes it is. Is it your first year?" Twilight nodded her head."Shhh they are getting ready to start."

Rainbow tried to listen to the teacher speech, but was to busy looking at all the other ponies. All the fillies had their navy skirts and all the colts had navy vests. Rainbow couldn't help but to look at the older ponies. Each grade had their own vest. 2nd grade had plain navy, while third had gold trim. Forth had the gold trim but then had inner trim too. Twilight nudged Rainbow. "Are you paying any attention?" Twilight wrote some more notes in her book. Rainbow sat forward again. She felt somepony poke her. She turned to her left. The little yellow filly was staring at her. "Do you need something?" she said in a whisper so no pony could hear her. "Um....um.........I dropped my quill."

Rainbow looked at the ground. The yellow filly's quill rolled to the middle of the aisle. Rainbow looked at the teacher talking. She gulped. She nudged Twilight. "What? I'm taking notes." Twilight whispered. Rainbow pointed towards the quill. Twilight quietly face-hoofed. "No. I'm not getting in trouble." Twilight continued writing. Rainbow looked back at the yellow filly. The filly's eyes grew, as if they were trying to say please. Rainbow looked at the quill.

She looked at the teacher and back at the quill a few times. One....Two.....THREE! Rainbow flew from her seat, grabbed the quill and flew back. Everypony was silent. The teacher that was talking gave her a look. One colt giggled. Then the teacher went back to talking. Oh crap. What did I just do. Finally she handed the quill to the yellow filly. "Thank you." She mumbled. Rainbow looked at her. "What's your name by the way?" Rainbow whispered. "Um.......I'm Fluttershy." Rainbow smiled. "Rainbow Dash." Then they shook hoofs. Two new friends. Perfect. thought Rainbow.

Comments ( 9 )

yay new friends

1356371 Thanks for reading it! Hope you liked it.:twilightsmile:

1356376 so far I am. though some parts make me confused whether or not this is humanized or not

1356415 They are ponies.:eeyup: I just thought making them do some human things would be funny or cool.:pinkiehappy: Like driving the truck.:twilightsmile:

1356453 okie dokie lokie:pinkiehappy:

I love it when next chapter:rainbowhuh::derpyderp2:

When's the next chapter? I really love this story!

2876583 she's forgotten her password for this account and her other account hasn't been used in months :pinkiesad2:

Login or register to comment