• Published 22nd Jun 2021
  • 736 Views, 47 Comments

Investigations: The Chess Master's Turnabouts - Rosestory



A prosecutor and A pegasus uncovers the truth behind a series of magical mysteries

  • ...
1
 47
 736

Might as well just get this over with

Author's Note:

It's pretty obvious what I'm gonna say here, so I might as well get it over with.

I was, and still am, an ace attorney fan, and it was because of the well known Ace Attorney x MLP fan project 'Turnabout Storm' that I was introduce to My Little Pony.

When G4 was ending, I felt like ending things on my own terms, in the same way it started, with a crossover. Except, instead of a defense attorney and main character, it would be a prosecutor and antagonist. My favorited of the two being Sebastian and Cozy Glow.

I started writing this when I had a lot of free time, filled with motivation and passion as I uploaded new chapters only weeks apart . Then the quarantine was lifted and life got busy again, so I lost a lot of free time.

When I finally got a chance, I re-read my own fic ready to pick up where I left off...

and immediately hit myself in cringe as I wondered what I was thinking or how well I actually planned this out.

This entire story is full of so much wrong that I spend my free time wondering how I could salvage it, losing interest and motivation as I decide to re-write the whole fanfic again, and effectively leaving this for years.

There were 2 plotlines in this fic, and I executed both horribly.

The 'Cozy Glow redemption arc' was too short.

Instead of doing the obvious thing and extend it across the whole fic, and have Cozy redeem herself by helping defeat the final villain instead of joining them, I made it so that her psyche locks were broken by part 2/5 , with zero proper build up .

It felt to me like a step 1,2,3 simple plot, barebones redemption. Yes I plan for Cozy to save Sebastian's life during part 3, but it still felt too simplified.

Especially with the backstory I gave her of having abusive parents, and it's similarities to Sebastian's feelings towards Blaze.

The second part was the 'main plotline'

Basically, there was a cult that knew of Equestrian Magic that committed all the murders to obtain more artifacts.

If that felt like it came out of nowhere, it's because it was.

There was no foreshadowing to this AT ALL. I could have left a calling card or even a single hint of dialogue at the very least, but instead it started to feel like the plot would just be an unsatisfying out of nowhere surprise.

There are many more plot holes or unrealistic or nonsense within the story.

How out of character it was for Sebastian to hide Cozy, considering his usual character and trust towards his friends

Frozen Glare's attitude towards Sebastian considering his role in the story as someone investigating the cult.

Nightmare Moon's sudden appearance acting as Ms exposition for no reason.

Kay Faraday's disappearance being treated so lightly, and it having no purpose than to act as a sequel hook, [because remember, I planned a WHOLE SERIES on this. (WHAT WAS I THINKING!?)]

But to make this short, I tried to reboot the whole story with everything fixed, but with not as much free time and daily life getting busy, I eventually lost motivation and interest in this, and have decided to just stop delaying the inevitable.

This story is cancelled. This is the final update.

Thank you all who liked and supported this fanfic inspite of how terrible it was, you all are amazing people who shouldn't have to deal with this. Hopefully my next fanfic wouldn't end up a complete disaster.

Thank you all, and have a happy rest of the week.

Comments ( 2 )

That's a shame. I really liked it.

11390784
Yeah me too considering the fact that there ain't too many ace attorney fanfics that ain't ship fics on other sites, to lose a crossover on this site sucks a lot

Login or register to comment