• Published 22nd Jun 2021
  • 736 Views, 47 Comments

Investigations: The Chess Master's Turnabouts - Rosestory



A prosecutor and A pegasus uncovers the truth behind a series of magical mysteries

  • ...
1
 47
 736

Cozy Glow's Turnabout of Freedom (1-2)

Sakurai Garden Park-Statue Center

4:00 p.m. 26 June

Cozy Glow felt herself slowly regain consciousness, a feeling she felt before , akin to someone having just woke up from sleeping. She honestly didn't know what to expect . After the events that transpire last night, she wasn't sure what see would see the next time she regain consciousness.

A part of her was hoping that what see saw was just a dream of some sorts, assuming you can even have dreams while being in stone. That she would wake up to see the same green grass, the same crystal castle nearby, with her two fellow petrified allies next to her. That what she saw would just be some random one off experience or illusion .

Another part of her worried that all that time alone in the dark would have cause her to go insane and hallucinate. That her mental health had deteriorated to the point that she began to see and hear things no one else can. That one day she see weird ape creatures and pink flower trees and the next she see talking objects competing in a challenge or plants with faces fighting undead zombies . I mean, after all...

... T̸͕̃h̶͊ͅi̶͓̾s̴̱͋ ̵͚̃w̷͘͜å̷̬ŝ̷̮ṇ̴͘'̶͎͋t̸̺͊ ̷̦̂t̶̗̕h̶̰͛ĕ̵̼ ̴̞͒f̷̹͠ī̵̻r̴͈̔š̸͔t̷̖̏ ̷̲͘t̴͚̿į̷̀m̶͕̉ḛ̸̈́ ̷̕͜s̷̺͠h̴͈̒e̵̯̅ ̶̪̄ẘ̴̹a̶̛͜s̴̤̀ ̸̬̚ḽ̴̓o̴̭̅c̴͖͆k̴̬̈́ḛ̴̾d̷̝͗ ̷̲̃u̸̥̎p̴̖̈́ ̴͉͆ś̷̲o̷̢̓m̴̬͘ê̵͖ŵ̵̙h̴̻͆e̶̙̋r̸͑ͅe̵̯͒ ̶̼̈́d̴̰̽ả̸͍r̶̫͊k̴͙̈́ ̸͖̀,̴͉̄ ̷̺͒ḩ̵͗ȩ̴̀l̸̛͚p̵̡̊l̶̗̐e̶̤͆ș̷̓ș̴͝ ̷̉͜,̴͍͐ ̶͚̔ṯ̸̑r̵̖̎a̷̾͜p̶̤̊p̵̬̄é̵̱d̵̨̍ ̷̟͐ȃ̵̱ṉ̷̒ḓ̷́ ̷̟͝ą̸̂ľ̷͜ǫ̵̃ń̸̲é̷͍,̴̗̊ ̷̗͋b̴̠́ë̷͔f̶̩̌ò̵̩r̷̜͐ë̷͙́ ̸̥͒s̸̳̍h̴̩̽ȇ̸̝ ̸͇͋w̷̲͂e̵̖̽n̸̯͊t̸̥͗ ̷͔̃c̵̮͌o̶̟̽m̴̮̾p̴̭͗l̶̲̈ĕ̷͉t̸̼͝e̶̡̓l̵͕̾ỳ̵̮ ̸͖̌i̵͇͊n̷̪̓s̷͉͑a̷̖̽n̶̰͐ẹ̸͑ ̷̢̐.̸̛̝.

Yet when Cozy Glow woke up and looked at her surroundings, the 3rd part of the young Pegasus mind seemed to be correct, this part suggesting she, while in her stoned state, really was separated from her allies and relocated somewhere else. Moved into a land of bipedal ape creatures and displayed as a statue among other statues. A decoration in a park or garden among unique pink flowering trees , as something these creatures could look at during their free time.

As she looked around, she was that it was no longer night time, but now day time. Luna's moon among the shining stars in an ocean of a dark sky now replaced by Celestia's bright Sun with fluffy clouds floating among a bright blue sky . The trees were still blooming beautiful pink flowers in it's branches.

The most prominent change she noticed was that , where there was only one of those ape things before, and it had only appear in the middle of the night just before she slept, now there were a lot of them. All walking around the place and inspecting and looking at every single edge and corner. Where the person from last night had collapse in front of her now lay a tape outlining his position with some red stain nearby.

One thing she took notice was that most these creatures seem to be wearing the exact same clothing. More specifically, what appear to be police uniforms , with a vest that had some writing in it, the top part had symbols that Cozy didn't recognize at all while the bottom had clearly written 'POLICE" on it. (Keyword : most)

One of these "thing" stood out from the rest. It wasn't wearing a police uniform , but rather some sort of red academic uniform, with a white cravat and a black coat worn like a cape, that is to say, they didn't bother to put their hooves through the sleeves.

Wait, that's right, they weren't ponies, looking at them now, she concluded that what they have were some sort of arms like the ones on griffins or dragons , with their claws looking less pointy and more stubby.

Cozy also notice that it had some sort of badge on it's collar, a red gem with gold and silver surrounding it, shining amidst the sunlight. He held in his hands some sort of wand too. Was this person some sort of conductor ? What could a music conductor be doing walking among police ?

Cozy could only look on with interest as the brown maned (Haired? Feathered? Furred ?) ape talked with the police and examine the park , as if he was looking for something. Could he be looking for something he lost? Could he be searching for clues or hints ?

Cozy glow didn't know what to make of the situation, she decided to just watch as everything unfolds around her, silently observing the events from an outsiders point of view. After all...

It wasn't like she could do anything about it, she was trapped in stone forever...

... or was she?

--------------------------------------

Switch POV from Cozy Glow to Sebastian Debeste.

Sebastian Debeste had just manage to get the Detective out of the way, and now he could finally investigate the crime scene and find the truth, just like how Miles Edgeworth had taught him, remembering what he learned about investigating, he began to look for clues and evidence that the Detective could have missed.

He decided to look at the statues first. From the Sakurai Garden Park pamphlet he had with him, the park was created by Sakurai garden inc and was designed to be the best park for everyone. The park was really a few different types of parks merged together, one of which was a statue park right in the center of it . As he looked at the statues , he couldn't help but feel that one of these statues was off, like there's something about it that didn't sit right , but he could put his finger on it. He decided to check the statues later and directed his attention elsewhere.

He drew his attention to where the body was found, but couldn't really find anything of interest , as all he could find was the tape outlining where the body was and a blood stain clearly showing where he bleed out. Along with the message , of course.

The prosecutors next move was to investigate the trash cans. He reasoned that the culprit might have tried to hide important evidence inside the trash. He began to look inside the trash bins for clues.

At first, he couldn't find anything inside the first 2 bins, all that digging only amounting to dirty gloves. However, when checking the 3rd bin, he noticed something sticking out from the rest of the trash, he took it out and took a closer look.

It was a chisels, one with the initials E.B. Imprinted onto it.

"that's odd," The prosecutor thought to himself "Why would someone throw away a chisel into the trash? it clearly isn't broken. Also who would bring a chisel to a park in the first place? Unless.."

Sebastian immediately looked over to the statues nearby... A silence hung in the air as he process the implications of someone trying to steal the statues.

He decide the best move was to keep investigating first . After all, This chisel alone wouldn't be enough to claim anyone did anything.

He then remembered that the victim had been pushed down the ledge . Sebastian looked up to see Sakura trees blooming above. He decided that if there were any more clues he could find, they most likely be there, above the ledge, hidden among the trees.

He decide to walk up the stairs , past the statue center gate and into the pathway to inspect the patch of Sakura trees . Looking at the ground, he notice something glowing in the shadows of the trees, he went over and found a small glowing charm of sorts.

Sebastian isn't sure what this glowing thing was, but it gave him some sort of ... mystical , spiritual feeling, that's when he notices a note next to the charm.

Dear Sebastian, This will be an important tool to help you find the truth, keep it safe with you. The bishop

Sebastian was shocked at this. Who was this bishop? why did he or she leave a charm for him in a crime scene? He wasn't sure what to do, so he took a moment to think . After some consideration on whether this "Bishop" could be trusted and what the charm could be, he decided to go ahead and keep this Charm with him.

He then found his next piece of evidence not in the shadows of the trees bit instead in the small patches of sunlight poring through the gaps in the Sakura flowers. Under some of the cherry blossom petals was something shining in the sunlight. Walking over, he immediately found a silver chess pawn .

He looked under the pawn and saw dried up glue at the base of the silver chess piece. It suggested that this pawn was glued to something before it broke off and ended up here, looking at the other parts of the pawn , the prosecutor found small traces of a red liquid, most likely blood, he will send this to forensics testing later, but he had the suspicious that this was the victim's blood.

He also spotted another shinning object nearby. It was another chisel , but this time it had the initials A.R on it. It also had a unique design , as it, it was all black, even the metal, and there was some random pieces of metal attaches to it by a red string around it

Just as he was about to leave the trees, he accidentally stepped on something that made a loud crumbling noise. He looked down and, buried under a small patch of Sakura petals, was a piece of paper . He immediately looked at the piece of paper and read what was written on it.

His blood immediately froze.

Dear Blight,

Meet at the park , 6:45 a.m. Bring the chisel. You know what to do.

From , Angelo.


...

Sebastian wasn't sure what to think of this letter, it clearly states that Blight was told to come here around the time of the murder by someone named "Angelo? " And to make things worse, it clearly told her to bring a chisel with her... The prosecutor remembered the chisel he found in the trash. Pulling it out once more , just to double check.

Yup, it still hasn't change, a chisel with the initials E.B. on it "Emmie Blight" he murmured under his breath, realizing the true implications that this chisel and letter had on Emmie's involvement with the crime.

Just then, he heard the sound of a rusty gate swinging open, he turn to look and found the officer walking towards him, with a woman in their custody. She was wearing a regular button up shirt with blue jeans and regular shoes . She had blonde hair and an annoyed look on her face.

"Office sir!" Sebastian ran up towards him, but stopped when he noticed "Hey, where's the detective?" . The officer laughed and told the prosecutor .

"Turns our that the witness was already done with questioning and went home, so that fool of a detective has to go get him again, he's already on his way to where the witness lives." The officer gestured to the woman he brought with him " This is Emmie Blight, the "original" suspect" The officer explained " If you have any questions, go right on ahead."

As soon as the officer left , he and the woman walked towards where the statues were. Blight immediately spoke up " So, is it true?"

"Huh?" Sebastian looked at the woman with confusion

"When The officer was bringing me here, he told me what happened. Is it true you found out more to this case and release me from detention?" She was speaking in a voice that was hard for the prosecutor to read so he wasn't sure how she felt or how he should respond.

What was this woman thinking? I only ask the detective to bring her here as a way to get him away from the crime scene since it was obvious he was trying to cover up something about the murder. Did she know I only want her testimony? does she think I think she's innocent, when I really just want to double check if she was the culprit or not? Does she think this release from the detention center will be permanent instead of temporary ? that she was removed of all suspicion of the murder , when in reality, if she turns out to be the killer I sent her right back? How much does she now?

...

...

...

Sebastian didn't want to make her mad or give her false hope , so after some thinking, he spoke out his carefully crafted statement " If you want to refuse someone of a crime, you need to have solid evidence to do so. You were arrested on a baseless accusation and the evidence you was contradictory , I want to hear your side of the story to further understand this case."

"Um, You said refuse someone of a crime, I think you meant Accuse." Emmie corrected Sebastian, guess focusing on what you should say makes you focus less on whether you said the right words.

"Accuse, huh?" he repeats , as if to properly reboot his memory vocabulary file "Yeah, that's what they did to you!"

...

"Anyways, you said you wanted to hear my side of the story?" The woman asked, to which Sebastian decided to answer by quietly nodding towards her.

Then, completely catching Sebastian off guard, the woman suddenly threw her hands up in the air and scream "FINALLY, SOMEONE ONCE TO LISTEN TO ME !!" She turned to Sebastian and continued "Do you have any idea how frustrating it can be when you get wrongly accuse of something and no one even listen to you at all !? I just accidentally stumbled onto the crime scene and then the police just came out of no where and arrested me! They kept saying that they had plenty of evidence to prove it and how I should just confess, but I ain't confessing to a crime I didn't commit! Man, It's great to speak with someone who's actually rational about this! Thank you Mr... Uh... "

"Debeste, Sebastian Debeste"

"Right! Thanks, Mr Debeste"

"Right... So, anyways, I would like to hear your side of the story now , please. "

"Alright! This is everything that happened... "

Testimony: My Side of the story.

-So, basically I was just walking around when I stumbled across the you-know-what .

-I was absolutely shocked to see that terrible sight before me that I couldn't move , I was stunned.

-Suddenly, a police officer yelled at me and arrested me for a crime I didn't commit.

"And that's that. There nothing for me to tell you ,really" The woman perked up towards Sebastian, who just looked down as if deep in thought, which in fact he was.

Alright, that's , not really helpful, but it's better than nothing. He decided that he's going to have to press this testimony for as much information as possible.

"You wouldn't mine I cross examine that statement, would you?" Sebastian asked. To which the response was

"Sure, why not?"

Rebuttal

-So, basically I was just walking around when I stumbled across the you-know-what

HOLD IT!

"You were arrested at 6:45 a.m. , is that correct?" Sebastian questioned

"Um, yes...?" She asked , clearly not knowing where this was going.

"Why were you out this late at night ?"

"!!! Um.. w-well, I-" She looked like she was panicking and stuttering. "We'll, I just couldn't sleep for some reason and felt like I should take a walk around the park."

*BANG* *Raddle* *Raddle* *CLANK* *CLANK*

Suddenly, from Sebastian's Point of View, everything around him except for Emmie Blight herself went black, then white lines appear out of nowhere and cut the floor into square tiles. Half of the tiles went white and the other half remained black, making the floor look like a chess board . Then the sky started glowing a deep blue, giving the whole area a blue hue to the surrounding, which Sebastian saw had suddenly become an endless void with only him and the witness there.

As a shocked Sebastian watched, a series of large chains appeared out of nowhere and began to noisily coil around the woman, followed by two large red padlocks materializing in front of them.

"Ya! T-That's why , I just wasn't feeling sleepy that day, heh..." She claimed again, but Sebastian wasn't listening— he was staring in alarm at the mysterious locks and chains before him.

"WH-WHAT!? WHAT ARE THOSE!?" Sebastian screamed out of shock before the mysterious new locks that had just decided to appear out of no where.

"What are what?" Emmie Blight just looked at him with a confused expression on her face.

"Those!" Sebastian proceeded to point at the locks, thought without knowing he's the only one who can see them, from everyone else's Point of view he's pointing his baton at basically nothing "Those Locks and Chains, you don't see them!?"

"Um... No? I don't see any locks or chains anywhere." Emmie explained, unsure of what he was talking about.

"I-Wha, you don't see them?" Sebastian asked, to which the woman responded by simply shaking her head.

"Ok, WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!? Why can't she see those locks literally right in front of her? Unless she really can't see them. But them WHY can I SEE THEM!? " Sebastian wasn't sure what to say, he was left speechless, and inside his head he was debating what he should do in regards to the events that had unfolded before him, unsure of what was going on until...

...he noticed, The magic green charm. It's vibrating a bit ! Sebastian also took noticed of a strong mystical, magical energy pouring out the gem and into his body, as if the gem was giving him it's spiritual magic, and he felt some sort of mystical aura around him, the gem and the locks.

THE GEM! that's what was going on. This gem obviously has some sort of magic to it, and he now had the power to see locks and chains that no one else can see. It was then that the prosecutor noticed that the locks and chains appear to be surrounding Emmie Blight, or more accurately, her heart.

Maybe these locks show that she is hiding something from me? these things appear when she said she she came to the park because she couldn't sleep. Maybe that's not actually the reason why she was here that day? She did sounded nervous when I pressed her on that.

Ok, looks like if I'm going to have some answers I'm going to have to break these locks , but how? They aren't physical, so I don't think Kay's lock picking lessons will help. Sebastian really wondered why Kay decided to show him how to pick a lock in the first place. Maybe I'm suppose to break them using logic?

Sebastian then remembered something that Edgeworth had taught him a long time ago. Edgeworth told him that he have to analyze people and engage—no, gauge the situation if he wants to be a good investigator. He remember giving mock trial lessons on how to analyze someone and how to approach a situation, and how to extract information from someone. What did he called it again? Ah right, Logic Chess.

The conducting prosecutor decided that he was going to have to use what Edgeworth taught him if he was going to unlock whatever secret she was hiding.

"Um... Prosecutor Sir? A-are you ok?" Sebastian looked up to see Emmie looking at him with a confused and worried expression.

"Hun. OH! Ya, sorry about that. It's nothing, I'm fine" Sebastian tried to reassure her, but inside he was silently preparing himself to question her. "Alright, let's see what your hiding, Blight!"

"TAKE THAT!"

————————

My goal right now is to try and expose whatever Emmie is hiding

Remember what Edgeworth taught you. Pay attention to their reaction, and extract the information.

She probably going to try hard to hide her secret, maybe too hard.

I'll focus on what she's saying , and react accordingly . Here we go!

LOGIC LOCKS-BEGIN

>Why did you come here.




"Is there any reason in particular that you decided to go to Sakurai Garden Park in the first place?"

"Well I mean , like I said, I couldn't sleep, so I decided to go to a place where I could just have a relaxing walk, so I immediately went here, to the Statue Center, of course. "




> [Pawn] Any reason in particular to choose here?

> Wait and See




" "Immediately walked to the statue center" Was there any reason in particular you decided that here of all places was the best place to have a relaxing walk?"

"U-um, Ya. This Sakurai Garden Park. T-the park designed to give a relaxing time for anyone who comes here. I e-especially like the statue center, which is why I immediately went there first. But then, well you know ."




> [Pawn] Why do you prefer the statue center?

>Wait and See




"Anything special you can tell me about the statue center that made you prefer it to the other parts?"

"oh, there is a lot to tell you about" Emmie looked like an enthusiast about to tell someone every single detail about the thing they love. " Sakurai garden parks was suppose to be the best park ever, so Sakurai inc went out of their way to make special statues that were relaxing yet interesting, enjoyable for adults and children alike"




> [ Pawn] So that explains the weirdness of the statues?

> Wait and see




"..."

" So they went out of their was to commission statues that were goofy and silly enough for young children while interesting and educational enough for adults. Let me tell you, Sakurai really went all out with the ideas . A cute little Pegasus foal statue for children to look at with a summary of the Pegasus mythology written for adults to read. A colorful bouquet of flowers in the hands of a ridiculous looking man , which is funny for kids but had a deeper meaning that adults appreciate...."




> [Pawn] Ok I think that enough about statues.

> Wait and see




"..."

"They even wanted these statues the finest quality possible , so they went out of their way to hire the best Statue making company they could contact, Hazel Art Emporium. The company well know for having the best possible artist working together to make complete masterpieces in just a few days. They are well known for their friendliness and cooperation with those around them and just looking at the statues shows their craftmanship"




> [Pawn] These statues were only made in a few days?

> Wait and see.




"..."

"So anyways , that's why I really like the statue center. I guess I just have a love for statues huh."

"Yes, you certainly know a lot about this park, or more accurately, this part of the park. You have a lot of information on these statues and their background.

"heh, Do you now believe I decided to immediately go here as soon as possible?"

"Yes I do." Sebastian said to Emmie "And I believe this will be an important clue." He thought to himself.




> Why were you out late ?




"Why where you here as late as 6:45 in the morning." Sebastian questioned

"Well, Like I said, I couldn't sleep, so after laying around my bed for a few hours I decided to leave the house and walk around. Is there a problem with that?"

"Well, Sort of," Sebastian said, the woman looked at him odd waiting for him to be more specific "there isn't anything wrong with walking around because you couldn't sleep, but walking around here specifically ..."

" Here specifically? " Blight questioned "What's wrong with being in a park in the first place?"




> [Knight] Here's what's wrong!

> Wait and See





"This should explain what's wrong"

Present Sakurai Garden Park Pamphlet

"This is a pamphlet given by the park staff that details everything about the park, " Sebastian paused to emphasize the next point "Including the time the park is open and close. The park should be close by 6:45, so how were you able to enter it when the gates should be locked"

"Wh-WHAT!? Wait, the park actually closes? " She questions




> [Pawn] You didn't know the park closes?

> Wait and see




"Emmie, you didn't know that the park closes around that time?"

"Well, ya. I mean, I never been here before so I didn't know what time the park closes. The gate was open so I thought you could just waltz in here anytime."

"??? Wait, the gate was open?" Sebastian couldn't help but feel like that didn't line up right.

"Ya, it was. I just swung the thing open and walked into the park. I heard some amazing things about it and never been there before so I thought I could, ya know..."




> [Knight] The gate should have been locked

> Wait and see




"I'm sorry, but the gate was not open, it was locked as it was suppose to be."

"Oh , and what told you that , huh?"

Present Case File

"Now that looks like a lotta papers, mind telling me which one I'm suppose to read"

" Crime Scene Details"

"As you can see here, there's a line written that shows the gate was close. " Sebastian pointed to a sentence on the paper and read it out loud "Police went to the park but found the gate locked, and since the security guard was "Unavailable" They resorted to breaking down the lock forcefully. "

"Um... I have a question I would like to ask"

"Um... Sure Mr's Blight, what is it?"

" Which gate does this piece of paper mean?"

"Um, the main gate. The one with SAKURAI GARDEN PARK written over it in big words."

"Oh, so that explains it... I didn't use that gate, I used the side gate."

"T-the Side gate!?" Sebastian then remembered , " Hey wait, that's right, there were multiple gates here in this park, the main gate isn't the only way in or out. You mean to tell me you got here via one of the smaller gates?"

"Yup, that I did."

"Huh, Guess the guard forgot to lock a gate up..." Sebastian murmured under his breath

"Whelp, That should solve it , huh? "

"Huh?"

"You were wondering why I was here when the park should have been close, but now you know that I didn't know a single thing about this park and that I thought the gate was open meant I could be there. There's no more issues, right?"

Maybe it's time to use that clue I have.




> [Bishop] *Call out her earlier rant about the statues*

> [Pawn] No, no problems at all.




Sebastian , mimicking what Edgeworth does, proceeded to put on a smug look on his face as he moved his baton around , " I'm Sorry, but there is a problem that has unknowingly presented itself. You were trying to hide something from me, but you were trying too hard. " He explained " Earlier you went on a huge rant to try and convince me there was nothing suspicious of you immediately walking to the statue center, and somehow not realizing that you had essentially told me that you knew a lot about Sakurai Garden Park."

Sebastian immediately pointed his baton at her "You knew everything there is to know about the statue center, including the statue's creation and design background. But the problem is, you also just told me that you didn't know that the park had a closing time as you had apparently never been here before , and you yourself also said you used the side gate to enter instead of the main gate where they give you the pamphlets. The ones that not only have the closing and opening times, but also any info on the statue center, including what you already knew. "

Emmie had shock looked on her face as she realize how cornered she was right now. Sebastian pushed onward " How could you have known so much about a park that you apparently know so little about! "

"!!! I-U-um, w-well, I, you see-" She was practically stuttering for an excuse.

Sebastian decided to help finish her sentence "You knew so much because...




> [Pawn] You did research on a computer before coming here!

> [Pawn] You had already been here before!


> [Pawn] You had an ulterior motive!


> [Pawn] You don't actually know anything!





"It's simple really, you didn't come here to "Just have a relaxing walk" There was another reason why you came here, Wasn't there? A motive that could explain why you know so much of the statues but not the closing time."

"!!! I-UM, No! T-that's not true, I-I ... Um, I didn't actually know anything!!! " The woman was sweating bullets , twitching nervously as she tried to make an excuse and practically blurted out the first thing she thought of "Y-ya, all that talk of H-Hazel Art Emporium and all that , I-I just m-made it up! Ya, I-"

Sebastian Cut her off before she could finish " No, you didn't make that up, I did research myself about the crime scene" Always be prepare . Gather and research everything you can about what your gonna jump into. Thanks for that advice Kay " Everything you said was true, so obviously you did your research "

"Um- OK FINE, I w-wanted to come here so I, um w-went to my laptop and did my r-research and-"

"And forgotten the time it opens and closes, even when it's literally written on the websites front page win big red letters?" Sebastian questioned , Emmie looked like a nervous wreck.

"Um-I, w-well... ACK!! NOOOOO!!! " Emmie screamed, and suddenly, before Sebastian's own Eyes...

*CLANG*

One of the red locks broke.

"Hey! It worked! It actually worked! O Holy Mother , this is amazing! " Sebastian was squealing inside, before he calmed himself down "Right, it isn't over yet, there's still one more lock on her. I'll need to focus"

"She looks like she has some fight left in her, she must be willing to hide her true motives"

"This could be important to solving the murder though, I'll press her on what her true motives are, this won't take long!"




>What are your true motives?




"There is a reason why you were here at the crime scene and it might connect to the crime at hand. Why don't you make this easy for both of us and-"

"L-listen here Prosecutor!!" Emmie was acting more aggressive now, she was screaming at him in a defensive tone. "Why I was here last night and me stumbling onto the body are two different things! I just decided to come over here on my own accorded . Huge coincidence!!"




>[Knight] Your own accord?

> Wait and See




"I'm sorry, but there is evidence you didn't come here on your own accord" Sebastian said, to which Emmie flinched at those words

"there's evidence!? What!?"

"Yes , and here it is!"

Presents Mysterious Letter

"This!" Emmie immediately recognize the letter and froze up "Is a letter that is sent from some one named Angelo to someone named Blight, telling them to come here at 6:45 a.m. I don't think it's a "Huge coincidence" That it's your last name and exact time of arrival is written here."

"I- that proves NOTHING! That could have been address to anyone named "Blight" It could have been an old letter that was given to someone else years ago! Read that letter out to me and let me know what it said right now "

"Um , ok? " Sebastian relented , he read:

Dear Blight,

Meet at the park , 6:45 a.m. Bring the chisel. You know what to do.

From , Angelo.

...

"Ha! See , It's like I said, the letter is too vague for you to conclusively say that this is address to me! This could be referring to some other "Blight" The woman made big air quotes when she said that, in the most snarkiest tone Sebastian has heard. " That came here at 6:45 at some other day!"

"the chances of someone else with the same name coming here at the same time some day in the past is really slim, don't you think?" Sebastian inquired, to which Emmie replied with a simple

"Improbable, yes, but not impossible."

she just gave Sebastian a grin as she said "You have no way of proving that letter is mine."




> [Knight] There's more

>[ Pawn] You're right

> wait and see




"No, there's more evidence that connects you to this letter," Sebastian's statement wiped Emmie's smile off her face

Presents Chisel (The one with E.B initials on them)

" As you heard, the letter had told "Blight" to bring a chisel with her, and in my investigation I came across-" Sebastian showed the chisel to Emmie... "-This!"

... And all the color from her face faded away "Wh-WHAT!? I-Um, t-thats not mine!"

"There's your initials E.B Emmie Blight written on them"

"O-once again, a stretch but not impossible for s-some to have the same i-initials as-" She was cut off again by what Sebastian said

"Fingerprints!" or more accurately, what he blurted out , "I will sent this to the lab for paralysis! Ah! I mean analysis ! We can see whether the fingerprints match with yours!" the mention of fingerprints catches Emmie off guard, she slowly realize there was no way out now.

...

...

...

"Heh, Alright, you got me" She said, her panic demeanor suddenly replaced by a voice of calm acceptance of defeat. "I'll tell you everything I know"

*CLANG*


Sebastian looked as the final lock broke, without any locks, the chains slowly uncoil and disappear away too. The chessboard void was enveloped by a light, and soon Sebastian found himself back where he and Emmie were before, the statue center area, near the statues.

---------------------------

Switch POV from Sebastian Debeste to Cozy Glow

In all honesty, if Cozy Glow wasn't cast in stone, she probably find some popcorn and eat them while she was watching the scene right before her eyes. To the young Pegasus , what see was seeing was both entertaining and interesting to her.

Cozy glow had pieced together what was happening around her very easily. some crime took place here, the conductor was actually the prosecutor in charge of the case, named Sebastian Debeste, and he was investigating the crime scene. He had called someone who was involved with the crime , one Emmie Blight, and started to interrogate her. All cozy glow could do is be amazed at how the prosecutor manage to call out Emmie's lies and corner her in her attempt to hide her secret from him. It felt like something straight out of a crime drama.

Now, Emmie had accepted defeated and was now ready to tell the truth to Sebastian. Cozy glow was curious as to what the girl was hiding.

" What were your true motives when you came here last night?" The prosecutor asked. To which the blonde haired just responded " Maybe it makes sense if I start from the beginning"

"You see, Mr Debeste, I love my family."

Sebastian gave a confused look , "what did family have to do with-"

"I'll get to that soon, this will be short. Anyways, I care for my family, I would do anything, ANYTHING to help them if they are in need of help. So, imagine how hard I tried when My family ended up in some financial trouble, and how desperate I became when nothing I could legally do to earn money was paying the bills. "

Sebastian looked like he was putting the dots together in his head , a chisel in a statue park and a girl desperate to earn money, and then the long, lock of hair sticking out from the top of the head suddenly turned from a question mark to an exclamation mark, as if a visual cue to show what he was feeling.

"Your telling me you..." Sebastian didn't need to finish the question.

"Yes, A man offered some quick cash as long as I help him with his "Jobs" ,and while initially I refused, as breaking the law was bad and I hated the thought of doing so, my family's stability comes first," She used her hands to make air quotes when she said jobs , which Cozy learned what they were from Tirek, who had fingers. Both she and Sebastian could piece together what these "Jobs " were.

"And the reason you were here last night was because of..."

"Yup, Someone was gonna pay a million dollars if we stole a specific statue from this place, I got that letter you have from my partner-in-crime , the plan was to chisel out one of the statues and give it to the shady dealer. "

Cozy didn't know what dollars were, but 1 million definitely sounded like a lot. Sebastian, on the other hand, couldn't believe his ears when he heard how much she was going to get "I'm sorry, 1 MILLION DOLLARS!! Who would pay that much for a statue!? Why hire thieves to steal a statue for that much when you could just ask someone to make an exact replica of that statue for much cheaper and without any legal trouble!?"

"THAT'S WHAT I TOLD HIM TOO! " Emmie told him "But whoever he was, he was really addiment that we give him that specific statue, no replicas or copy. He even told us that we should be careful when it came to chiseling and caring the thing, he treated the statue as if was some irreplaceable , valuable gem or something."

"Um, I , ok, just gonna quickly ask this real quick, what exactly was your plan of this thievery?"

"well , since I'm caught, might as well tell you everything I can. One of the gates had a busted lock so guards had no choice but to keep it open till repairs, we would use that gate to sneak into the park and steal the statue before the guards came and caught us. My partner side he would be inside the park hiding in the trees until I came, so I got there and went straight to the statue center but then, well you know.."

Sebastian seemed to have a face of Understanding, before he quickly asked another question.

" And which statue specifically did he wanted you to steal?"

Suddenly to Cozy glow's shock and horror, the girl proceeded to point straight at her. "That one, of the little Pegasus over there"

Then catching cozy off guard even more, The prosecutor walked towards her . If she could, she would fly far away from this place as soon as possible, a feeling of fear and dread surrounding her mind as the large and unfamiliar creature was approaching her.

"Golly, these things look more bigger and scarier up close!"

Sebastian was now standing right in font of and looking straight at Cozy, with Cozy unable to move . As far as Sebastian was concerned , he was just examining a statue to see what was so important about it, but to Cozy, it felt like a large creature, like an Ursa major or a Chimera was looming over her, about to eat her while she can't move at all, only able to call for help , only for no one to hear her.

...

...

This feeling of dread and fear, of being helpless and trapped alone with no one helping you...

... why did it feel so familiar...

... like she was in this same position before, with a big scary monster looming over her, as she was helpless and alone in darkness...

... like a moment of nightmares and trauma...

... her mind kept screaming at her , overwhelm with emotions, but her body unresponsive...

...

... Suddenly, waking Cozy glow up from her trauma nightmares was a feeling of something touching her check. She looked over and saw that the thing wasn't hurting her, just looking at her in curiosity ...

Cozy glow snapped out her panic attack and clamed down onto her emotions, she eventually calmed down as her realize this thing was not going to hurt her

Sebastian was trying to understand what was so special about this statue, he touched the statue just to get a closer look, and felt some weird spiritual feeling, akin to the one from the magic charm he had. It was as if this statue has some sort of magic to it, which would definitely explain what was so important about this statue, until he realize that the shady dealer would have somehow known that the statue was magic.

Suddenly , a bright light slowly formed from where Sebastian had touched Cozy. From Cozy's perspective, she was suddenly enveloped by some bright light that surrounded her, it felt like , well, a cozy glow of magic had surrounded her. She felt comfortable around the glow and also felt a magic surge into her. Then , just as Suddenly as it had began, it abruptly ended and Cozy glow felt herself fall onto the floor .

From Sebastian , Emmie and the police officers' Perspective, the statue had suddenly been absorbed by some blinding light that floated higher and higher, glowing brighter and brighter as a magical , mystical feeling surrounded them, then the glowing statue had stopped glowing and fell onto the ground, expect instead of a stone statue of a Pegasus, Sebastian and Emmie looked to see what looked like a cute looking young pony with wings, pink skin and curly blue mane.

Cozy slowly woke up from that very brief moment of being absorbed by magic , she groan in pain from being dropped from the sky and proceeded to rubbed her hoof against her head...

...Wait, what?

Cozy glow realise what she was doing and looked on her hooves, she could move them. She could actually move them. She then looked at the rest of her body, all of them freed from stone, she could even flap her wings and fly now.

She was free. She was actually free form her stone prison.

She didn't know how she should react, this was too much at once, to finally be free from her stone prison, to finally move and fly again after Dear celestia knows how long she was trapped in stone. She wanted to make sure that this was real so she began to fly using he new wings , and then touch and hitting herself with her hooves , once she felt actual pain, she realized it was all real.

"Golly, I really am free"

Cozy glow looked around her and immediately came into direct line of sight with the Humans who were watching her the whole time.

...

...

...

...

"Um.. Golly, Hi there," Cozy glow said in the most friendly tone she could muster.

There were 3 different reactions to Cozy glow

The police officers, once convince Cozy Glow wasn't going to hurt them or cause trouble, surprisingly , immediately ignored the magic talking Pegasus and went back to investigating , as if this sort of random shenanigans was ok with them, that a magic talking flying pastel colour pony was somehow less important than the investigation.

Emmie Blight gave a more realistic reaction someone would give to seeing a real life Pegasus, staring at it with shock and surprise, silent for a few seconds before she calm herself down and murmured out a simple, "So that's why he was so persistent about stealing this specific statue."

Sebastian Debeste gave the most realistic reaction anyone would have to this situation. Reports would say the scream was so loud some of the nearby glass actually had some small crack as a result.

"WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!"

Author's Note:

1) I'm sorry for any Out of character moments, I want to write a good fanfic and I know the way to do so would be to write the characters with the same personality as they would in canon, but this is post AAI2 Sebastian Debeste, and there were times I rewrote some parts because I worry I written him too professional , as if he's not Sebastian at all but Edgeworth in disguise , and times where I worry I written him to idiotic, like his redemption during AAI2-5 meant nothing at all. I'm sorry if at any point during this story you think the character interactions, reactions and actions were too out of character.

2) Ya, Cozy Glow's now free from stone, let the next chapter start off with a lot of questions

3) I decided to give Sebastian the Logic locks ability because it makes sense for Edgeworth to teach Sebastian Logic Chess, but I also want to hammer in the point of both some magic entity influencing the crime scene and Sebastian having grown up to be his own person in life. And yes, it's a mix of Physic Locks and Logic Chess.

3-1) On a related note, here are what the chess pieces mean.
Pawn- Basic remark
Knight- Present Evidence
Bishop- Use Clue
Rook- Combination of using clue and presenting evidence
Queen - Multiple Path

4) As for what Cozy saw Sebastian wearing, it was confirm by Capcom that Themis Legal academy uniform for the prosecutor's course was once blue before it changed to red. I head canon this change happen while Sebastian was retaking the course, so he's wearing a red Themis uniform. The Cravat should be obvious why he wears one, and he hasn't let go of his habits of wearing a coat like a cape, though he no longer felt comfortable wearing the special red coat he "Earned" , so he choose a black coat that he had just laying around.