• Published 4th May 2021
  • 523 Views, 6 Comments

IN·ICTV·OCVLI - Woodrow Wilson



A human mind, an alien body, a far future; Franziskus crashes his Stellar Engine into Equestria and gets dragged through the mud for no gain with more questions on his mind than answers.

  • ...
7
 6
 523

LVCE·ABSENTE·TENEBRÆ·VINCVNT

They upon those shores were sat in their fearful zealotry, expelling from their forms the love for whom they made litany to. They in their winged-ness and their unfaltering behemoth forms, grotesquely beautiful as though like the destruction of civilised worlds into Singularities. They meandered and with their infinite eyes and casting glares, the dichotomous pair of things made me their entertainment. And I upon mine pedestal of stone, a pillar of ancient wooden debris from a time long prior of my life in this universe within my created Will. The embodiment of myself morphed as of the clays under the soil and their distant bodies towered above the eternal beaches with heights simultaneously outdoing galaxies but no more than a man.

I was forever and a minute from those ancient beings, whose form bent light and space and time around them in the dreamscape I so willingly inhabited. Their walking and staring at me were from the beach across the neck of this river. I have yet to make a motion for I merely am observing these untouchables in my mind.

I could not ponder why such beasts wink into my mind and bask in its abyss against my greatest efforts to deter them from such. I take it that I am more interesting than previously assumed---perhaps I know the running-down of some ancient temple, but they do not? Perhaps a code in my memories brings these Seekers here? Once more, I tell myself, there is no thought to bring that gives me any sense of reason to their presence.

Yet, like the Empress from my dreams last night, they are invincible to my thought and wish. Untouchables. These invaders of my mind break the rules of free thought.

I take shape, standing stiff at the height of a man.

The ocean melted and I took a step forward into the molten glass that made up the world beyond the sand, walking upon its burning mirror surface. The glass turns to ice---The cold felt better than the heat and I prefer frozen to molten. I did not feel cold, however.

The frozen ocean turned to a sea, the sea into a gulf, the gulf into a bay, the bay into an estuary, the estuary into a lake and the lake into a pond. Before another moment passed, the thousands of miles between me and the lumbering aliens became but a few metres. I was before them at the will of my mind.

"What are you? You beasts, in kindred with the thing who penetrated my mind. Are you phantasms likened to the previous visitor? To the untouchable of my own dreamscape?" the energy of my every word filled the air, causing it to rain. It felt like I was pelted by stones, my vision reduced to merely the distance between me and my Guests.

They looked at me in silence, their queer forms confusing and painful for the eyes. They hurt from bright light, but no light existed to see, like staring at them was equivalent to looking directly into the beam of a quasar. I looked at them regardless; No creature invades my Home.

It took me a second.

I stopped and looked around me, seeing the one thing I had so forgotten long ago. How many years has it been?

The skies painted in fiery shades of gold and molten iron, a black abyss screaming in glittering shades of matte and indigo. The galaxy spanned My sky, the ring of the universe echoed in my ears. The disc from a singularity consuming my star turned the Rosey sphere into a tailing comet thousand-times larger than my home. I looked down to the quartz sand, the silvery and pale dust beneath my talons was so fine and lined a forest of pure, ink-dark shadow and plum violets. I looked out to the sea and in it was the same darkness as the sky, highlighted a shallow colour of rust and glimmers of silver, reflecting the death of my world's star far above.

Off in the distance, I saw another creature like myself; a raptor of some kind, but slender and more upright. A long, thin, heavy tail dragged behind like a loose power cable, many-fingered claws with one covered in a silvery gauntlet, and the other with a data-slate. I watched from afar with these two beasts as the distant creature fell over, collapsing onto its side upon the crest of the foreshore. The hellish ocean lapped wantingly at the limp, alien body.

It was of no help that the skies were crying glassy, oily rain like shots from a rifle.

The rain became hot and the skies filled with flashes of magma and oblivion, fogging and steaming against the ground. The ocean became angry, slamming harder into the foreshore and threatening to take away the body that lay at the crest of the beach.

The water pulled on the sand, dragging it out from around and under the body, creating a trench around its curling form. The thing curled tightly, its tail coiling on itself as it readjusted into a foetal position.

I felt some overwhelming grief in seeing this sight; Accustomed to the pain and misery of my ancient home it lay, and I understood the very blight befallen this Far-Away and deeply imagined kin. I felt the existential loneliness in which bestowed an aura greater than my lucid powers, the seemingly infallible signs of defeatism, begging for mercy from a world so cruel as to rain hellfire and artillery in set clockwork.

I couldn't move myself, stuck like as in rockcrete.

The creatures which had brought to me this feverish vision stood to either side of me, the harrowing sound of whistling meteorite and the screams of retreating Aliens indigenous of the forest so near to this beach I stood on. The pitch foliage turned grey with the Fires descended of the Heavens. They commanded wordlessly I watch, my eyes stuck open as though my eyelids were torn out.

The kin ahead of me stayed lain, and in it's death of ashes lapped by water, it re-arose alike to phoenixes. And the soul of a Human Man shot to the empyrean.

A great thunder filled the air, lightning showering as Zeus bore unto the beach and forest the Flames of anger and retribution for the sins of the world.

"What does this mean ? What are you to me ? Messengers ? Tell me your message and I will carry on with my duties. I've a world of hell to survive in, and you will not behold me forever in this realm of sleep," and with a hollow sound, the dichotomous entities of painful, invisible light, their obtuse forms distorting into conglomerations of the most inexplicable appearance. So rife with emotions was their transformation as to be indescribable likewise to describing the pantheon of colours in the universe to the deaf and blind.

Quickly, the roar of what sounded like great engines filled my mind, and unbearably so, their weight bore onto me as the great lights from the beings and the hellfire turned dark, and all I saw was the void of my own consciousness.


Comments ( 1 )

Your back :). Its very hard to understand what's going on here. Maybe im just not smart enough haha.

Login or register to comment