• Published 18th Jan 2021
  • 165 Views, 2 Comments

Rainbow Dash and the X-Treme Showdown - Mr Movie Magic



Rainbow Dash wants to reclaim her world records from a competitor.

  • ...
 2
 165

The X-Treme Showdown

On the day of the competition, everypony from across Equestria came to experience the extraordinary extravaganza. Ms. Harshwhinny, who helped to promote and organize the event, was on the scene to ensure that everything went well. In the stands, Rainbow Dash’s friends, her parents, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders, were eager to see her do her best in the competition.

The crowd went wild when Daredevil, dressed in a flashy jumpsuit with a cape, stepped out before them. Wearing an aviator jacket and sunglasses, Rainbow Dash came out to greet the crowd.

“Go, Rainbow Dash, go!” her mother, Windy Whistles, cheered.

“That’s our little girl!” exclaimed her father, Bow Hothoof.

Rainbow Dash looked up into the stands, and seeing them, waved and gave them a wink.

Soon, it was show time! Ms. Harshwhinny said a few words to open the show. There would be a series of games played by the competitors. Bulk Biceps was a natural at the Sisyphus Challenge, which saw him pushing a heavy ball up a steep incline in seven seconds flat! Rainbow Dash and Daredevil were equally skilled and equally matched in the events they participated in, each winning half the challenges. All that remained was the final challenge, the main event. With Rainbow Dash and Daredevil tied, this would determine who the victor would be.

Very early the next morning, Rainbow Dash got up to train before the final challenge began. She flew as fast as she could through the canyon walls and tested her agility by weaving between boulders.

Peering from behind a rock, Twilight and Spike watched as she pushed herself to her limits.

Rainbow Dash was not flying as strong as she knew she could. “Come on, come on,” she told herself. “You can do it. Just a… little… more…”

It was no use. She was just too tired to go on. After a bumpy landing, Twilight and Spike hurried to her side.

“Rainbow Dash!” Twilight exclaimed. “Are you all right?”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Rainbow Dash groaned. “I-I just gotta walk it off and try again.”

“You’re pushing yourself too hard. You need to stop.”

“No! There’s no way I’m stopping. Not until I beat Daredevil.”

“Why do you want to beat him so badly?” Spike asked.

“Why? Because he’s breaking all my records. I gotta defend my titles.”

"But you don't have to push yourself to your breaking point," said Twilight. "Just look at yourself. You're in no shape to compete."

"In no shape? I'm in the best shape of my life. Now if you don't mind, I need to finish my training."

Seeing that there was no way of getting Rainbow Dash to stop, Twilight and Spike returned to the stadium.


That evening, it was time for the final challenge. Rainbow Dash and Daredevil would go head-to-head in a race through the speedway, flying through hoops and dodging obstacles.

Backstage, the two all-star athletes waited to be called on.

“Best of luck to you, Rainbow Dash,” said Daredevil.

“Thanks,” Rainbow Dash replied. “Best of luck to you, too.” She thought to herself, You’re gonna need it ‘cause I’m winning back my records.

Then, Ms. Harshwhinny introduced, “Fillies and gentlecolts, please join me in welcoming Daredevil and Rainbow Dash.”

As the pyrotechnics were set off, the two competitors flew to center stage. Rainbow Dash sported her new flight suit and aviator hat. Daredevil wore a red flight suit and black open-face helmet. They took their places at the starting line. Daredevil was full of energy. Rainbow Dash, on the other hoof…

“Rainbow Dash doesn’t look so well,” Rarity observed.

“She’s been in the canyon training all day long,” explained Spike. “She said she won’t stop until she beats Daredevil.”

“She’s plum tuckered out,” said Applejack. “She ain’t in any condition tuh race.”

As tired as she may be, Rainbow Dash was determined to challenge Daredevil and win. Throwing in the towel was out of the question. At the sound of the horn, the competitors took off in a flurry. They began neck-and-neck, but Daredevil steadily took the lead.

I want it, I want it, I want it, Rainbow Dash repeated to herself. C’mon, Rainbow Dash, you got this.

In the stands, her friends and family cheered her on. Her eyes were getting weary and she was tired, but she fought through it to stay in the race. Daredevil, however, had a commanding lead. Rainbow Dash knew that the race was his. Daredevil crossed the finish line with Rainbow Dash following in second place.

The Mane Six, Spike, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Bow Hothoof, and Windy Whistles went to meet Rainbow Dash.

“Way to go, sweetheart!” exclaimed Bow. “Congratulations, you were awesome!”

“We are so very proud of you,” said Windy.

“Did you see the way she flew through those hoops?” Pinkie Pie excitedly began. “Or the way she cleared those hurtles? First, she went up, then she went down, then left, then right. Phew! You had me out of breath.”

Rainbow Dash didn’t share in their revelries. “It’s not good enough,” she explained. “I came in second place. I lost. The celebration’s over.”

She lowered her head and walked away.

“Rainbow Dash,” Windy called out.

“I’m sorry,” said Rainbow Dash. “I just want to be left alone.”

As everypony celebrated and mingled, Daredevil was looking for Rainbow Dash. “Has anypony seen Rainbow Dash?” he asked. Ahead, he saw her party. “Hey, have any of you seen Rainbow Dash? I wanted to congratulate her.”

“Sorry, Mr. Daredevil, sir,” replied Fluttershy.

“She’s run off,” Applejack explained.

“Run off?” Daredevil questioned in confusion.

“Seems she’s a wee bit upset she came in second place.”

“I think I know where she is,” said Twilight.

She led them to the canyon where she and Spike found her training before. Sure enough, she was there, sitting by her lonesome.

“Rainbow Dash?” Twilight began.

“Hey, guys,” Rainbow Dash replied in a disappointed voice.

“Daredevil is here. He wants to tell you something.”

Daredevil stepped forward. “Hey, Rainbow Dash. I wanted to congratulate you and tell you how awesome you were out there.”

“But, I came in last,” said Rainbow Dash. “How was I awesome?”

“Even though you came in second place, it doesn’t mean you aren’t a champion. You’re a champ just by going out there and giving it all you got. Before I became an all-star, I lost plenty of times. In fact, I still lose sometimes. You beat me in half the challenges. But losing is what makes me stronger. Competition isn’t about being better, it’s about bringing out the best in each other.”

“I’m sorry I wasn’t such a good sport,” Rainbow Dash apologized. “I never looked at competition that way. For me, it was all about winning, but you’re right, Daredevil. It really is about bringing out the best in us.”

They returned to the Colosseum where they celebrated the spirit of competition and the fun they shared in these events.

In the time since the X-Treme Showdown, Rainbow Dash found herself setting new records. There were competitions she won, and some she lost, but that was all right because the important thing is that she had fun and did her best. Soon, it became time for the Equestria Games. Rainbow Dash represented Ponyville and her competitor, Daredevil, represented Cloudsdale. Before the race began, they smiled at each other, wishing the best of luck to one another knowing that it’s not about who the best is, it’s about being the best you can be.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment