• Published 7th Jul 2023
  • 643 Views, 24 Comments

The Crusaders of Unity - Green-Venom



A mysterious alicorn heroine of Maretropolis during the night, a trio of fillies trying to pass school life during the day. This is the new life of the CMC after they got the power to fuse into one being…

  • ...
3
 24
 643

Chapter 3: Power of the mark

Apple Bloom
Scootaloo
Sweetie Belle


"Seriously Unity? Is that the best you could come up with?"

An argument had erupted within the mental space of the freshly named alicorn, and it was heated.

"You think of something better on such short notice..." Apple Bloom shot back.

"Was a name even necessary in the first place?"

"Yes it was!"

"Just asking..." Sweetie Belle squeaked, backing down from the subject.

The argument was about to continue but got interrupted by the sound of commotion coming closer.

"Look, let's just get Derpy out of here and leave for now."

"Alright, but this isn't over!"

The unconscious pegasus mare was grabbed in the alicorn blue magic, before they smashed out of the nearest window, making a fly for it.


"Say Sweetie Belle, how long does this spell last exactly?"

The alicorn had delivered the gray pegasus to the nearest post office and was now heading to a location where they would attract less attention.

Sweetie Belle turned quiet, but a flash of fear suddenly radiated from her, clearly felt by the other fillies.

"Sweetie Belle? You okay?"

"I don't think any of us will be girls..." she started carefully, the fear spiking once more.

"What do you mean? If you got bad news, spit it!"

"I didn't really use a fusion spell in the traditional sense... You see, a fusion spell was designed to put two things together, using magic to hold them together. If the magic is canceled or removed, everything will return to its original state. What I used was more along the lines of a welding, or glue spell, fixing the molecules of things together and altering them using magic. The result doesn't require magic to hold together, and it's a far stronger hold..."

"Hold up! Did you just explain to us that we're permanently fused together in fancier words?!"

The silence that followed was an answer in itself.

"Well, so what? There has to be some kind of reverse spell right?" Scootaloo's voice sounded brave, but the fear radiating from her spoke otherwise.

"Well yes, but it was never intended to be used on ponies. There's a high possibility that I fused together our magic cores, so it might be more complicated than that..."

"How bad would that scenario be?" Apple Bloom's voice was starting to sound strained, and Unity was gritting her teeth in stress as a result.

"Well... if we were to be separated again it would rip apart our magic core and we... die? But hey! On the other hoof, our strength has tripled, which allowed us to kick flank earlier."

"Please tell me there's also good news."

"Sorry, I got no-"

"Girls! I think we got a cutie mark!"

"Wait what?!"

Unity excitedly swiveled her head around, and indeed there was a flashy mark on her flank, depicting a winged and horned shield, separated into 3 colors, red, purple, and pink respectively. Each color housed its own symbol showcasing a musical note, a lightning bolt, and an apple.

"How does that even work?"

"No idea, but we got a cutie mark!"

"You think we'll keep them once we're ourselves again?"

"..."

"..."

"Maybe? I don't think you can lose a cutie mark right?"

"True, but you gotta admit that our circumstances are pretty unique..."

"Well if we keep our mark what would it even mean? That we're good at fusing?"

"Well if it means we're good at fusing, we're probably also good at defusing right? Hey, cutie mark! Separate us!"

*FLASH!*

In the luckiest guess since the creation of the superglue, the alicorn was separated back into the three fillies she was created from.

Three very miserable fillies, all of them rubbing their heads and groaning in agony and disorientation due to the sudden shift of both body and perspective.

"Alright Scootaloo, with this much luck you should invest in the lottery." Sweetie Belle groaned, rubbing her head.

"I rather invest in painkillers, my head is killing me." Scootaloo shot back.

"Did, did it actually work?" Apple Bloom carefully stood up, looking herself over. The other two fillies did the same.

"Wait, our magic cores! Are we going to die!?" Sweetie Belle quickly twisted into panic, before her horn flared up, carefully picking up a nearby rock, spinning it around a few times. Eventually, she calmed down. "No, no I think we're good. My magic is still intact..."

"How did that even work? I thought this spell was irreversible?" Apple Bloom finally voiced the question everyone was thinking.

"Maybe it's our cutie marks? After all, cutie mark magic is a lot more powerful when compared with traditional magic. In fact, I'm pretty sure we could fuse again without the help of Sweetie Belle's magic." Scootaloo theorized.

"You think we're destined to fuse or something?" Apple Bloom asked clear doubt in her voice.

"I think it's more likely that the fusion spell was absorbed by our cutie marks, and has become part of it by accident. Our real destiny probably lies somewhere else." Sweetie Belle explained, checking her flank again. The others did the same.

Now that they were separated, their cutie marks looked somewhat different. The wings and horn were gone, leaving only the shield. Additionally, every filly had a different colored shield as well as a different symbol. A lighting bolt for Scootaloo, a music note for Sweetie Belle, and an apple for Apple Bloom.

"So you're saying we got our marks for something different and the fusing into an alicorn just happens to be a handy power we got alongside it?" Apple Bloom summarized.

"Pretty much."

"Derpy!" Scootaloo suddenly exclaimed. "I'm pretty sure we got our marks when we saved Derpy!"

"So we're good at saving ponies?" Sweetie Belle asked unsurely.

"I dare to say we're good at protecting ponies." Scootaloo's excitement was unstoppable now. "After all our marks are shields! Maybe we're even destined to become superheroes like the power ponies. After all, we can turn into an alicorn, doesn't that count as a superpower in a way?"

"That's a pretty drastic conclusion Scoot..." Sweetie Belle replied, a thoughtful expression plastered on her face. "But I could see it working out..."

"I know right!" the pegasus replied enthusiastically, before pausing. "Did you just call me Scoot?"

"Yes? I tend to give my friends nicknames... is that a bad thing?"

Scootaloo simply stared at her. "You consider me a friend? I tried to mug you!"

"After everything, we just went through? Yes, I would like to see you two as friends..." Sweetie Belle replied with a smile, before pointing at their cutie marks. "Plus, if Unity is destined to become a superhero, then we have to take that step don't you think?"

With that, she extended her hoof. "What do you say girls, friends?"

The other two fillies unsurely looked at one another, before nodding, extending their own hooves.

"Friends!" The trio shared a hoof bump.

"Alright, but seriously, are we really going to continue calling ourselves Unity?"

Author's Note:

And with this we concluded the backstory. Nothing to fancy or awe striking, but that wasn't what I was going for in the first place.

Please leave some feedback or ideas. Every writer needs some and it really helps... :pinkiesmile: