• Published 7th Jul 2023
  • 644 Views, 24 Comments

The Crusaders of Unity - Green-Venom



A mysterious alicorn heroine of Maretropolis during the night, a trio of fillies trying to pass school life during the day. This is the new life of the CMC after they got the power to fuse into one being…

  • ...
3
 24
 644

Chapter 2: The Accident

Author's Note:

I'm unhappy with the quality of this chapter, but after pondering over it for a week, I couldn't figure out how to make it sound more engaging and easier to read instead of being an infodump. In the end, I decided to simply publish it, since it would drag on otherwise.

If you have any suggestions or tips, please leave them in the comments. I don't have an editor to assist me, so the audience is all I got for feedback...

Apple Bloom
Scootaloo
Sweetie Belle


“So, who do we got here? Our favorite street filly finally decided to pay us a visit…“

Scootaloo put on her best poker face as she was escorted to the Red Viper’s boss, a muscular stallion whose face and cutie mark were hidden beneath a mask and clothes. Nopony knew his real name and everypony simply called him Crimson after the color of his fur.

“I got the money. It hasn’t even been a 24-hour delay, no need to send the entire squad for this, especially for a first-timer… I always paid you on time so far.“

“I don’t make exemptions. If you’re late you get the rough treatment. You’re already privileged, cause normally we beat you into a bloody pulp to drive the point home, but since you have always been following the rules until now I decided to be merciful. Now hoof over the money before I change my mind.“

Scootaloo reached into her pouch and handed over the required bits, hoof shaking slightly.

“You get off easy this time… now get out of my sight.“

As she and her friends turn around to leave, Crimson spoke up once more. “No, the unicorn filly one stays here.“

“What? Why?“

“I recognize a noble when I see one. She’ll make for a good ransom.“

“You said you would let us go!“ Apple Bloom protested. “We paid you!“

“The deal only protects miss homeless. Now leave!“

“No!“ Apple Bloom replied stubbornly. “I won’t leave without her!“


“You’re a bucking idiot!“

Scootaloo angrily glared at Apple Bloom, as the door slammed shut behind them, locking them into a small room. Apple Bloom didn’t say anything and an awkward silence quickly formed.

Scootaloo looked at Apple Bloom.

Apple Bloom looked away, choosing to instead look around the room.

Sweetie Belle looked at her two friends, contemplating if she could call them that, considering they only knew each other for an hour or two. In the end, she choose to stick with friends, and spoke the words everypony was thinking.

“What now?“

Scootaloo sighed. “There are no windows, so the only way out is the door. The problem is it’s locked and we don’t have any key and busting it open would make too much noise. Good news, they only installed one guard, since we’re fillies, bad news, they found my lockpick.“

She picked up the two broken halves of her lockpick, the tugs having snapped the tool in two earlier. “This thing was expensive…“ she quietly whined, mostly to herself.

“Can we fix it somehow?“ Apple Bloom finally spoke up. “Maybe using something in this room or…“ she paused looking around the empty room. “…I don’t know, magic?“

She shot a questioning glance at Sweetie Belle, who bit her lip. “I can try a fusion spell, but I’ve never done it before. Not sure if I even properly remembered the spell honestly…“

The unicorn filly nevertheless picked up the broken lockpick, her magic aura unsurely enveloping the broken pieces.

“Well it won’t hurt to try.“ Scootaloo reluctantly agreed. “Even if it‘s unlikely to work, it’s unlikely to have any repercussions either.“

“Come on Sweetie Belle! You got this!“ Apple Bloom silently cheered.

Her magic suddenly sparked out, before ignoring the intended target, instead enveloping everything else in the room, which just happened to be the trio of fillies.

“Uh… does she still got it?“

“Nope…“

*FLASH!*


“What is all this commotion- What in the name of Faust’s beard!?“

*Whack!*

The tug didn’t get a chance to continue, as a hoof collided with his face, sending him flying into the opposite wall, where he remained unconscious and probably with a concussion or two.

Apple Bloom blinked, slowly lowering her hoof in shock. She had mostly reacted out of shock, never intending to knock someone out cold. Now that she thought about it, how did she even manage to muster the required strength for such a feat?

“Alright, who drove that carriage? I feel like a wet macaroni…“

“Scootaloo? Why does your voice sound all weird?“

“Both of your voices sound weird girls.“ Sweetie Belle added, before pausing. “Same can be said about me trough…“

Apple Bloom’s decided to check out the thug who was still lying unconscious at the opposite wall, walking closer and gaining surprised exclamations from both of her friends.

“Hey! I’m not doing that!“

“What‘s going on? This is creepy!“

It was then that her eyes fell upon a golden pocket watch, which had fallen out of the tug's pocket. The golden surface of the watch was carefully polished, giving it a highly reflective surface, and could be used as a mirror despite its small size. Apple Bloom frowned as she picked it up, studying both her face and body.

“Hey Scootaloo? I think you were wrong about both the spell‘s success and the repercussions…“


The high-crime neighborhood of Maretropolis was a dark place, that even the police avoided. A place where supervillains resided and gangs made the laws. Nopony ever ventures in here... except for the mail, cause the mail has to be delivered, no matter what.

Derpy nervously gulped as she approached the worn-down building, once again confirming the address. She was at the right place.

*Knock-Knock!*

"D-delivery!"

The mailmare sad down to calm her trembling hooves down.

No reply came.

She contemplated knocking again when the door suddenly slammed open and she was dragged inside. The package was forcefully ripped from her hooves, the stallion who had taken it from her frowning as he inspected it. Without a further word, he handed it over to a different stallion who looked at it himself.

“Alright, who of you ordered these? This location is supposed to be secret!“

“Moron did.“ one of the henchmen replied.

“Yes, I know that they’re a moron, but what is their name?“

“No sir, their name is Moron.“

“Who the buck calls their child Moron?“

The henchmen pointed at an older stallion. “He did sir. Moron Senior.“

The stallion facehoofed. “I knew it! I’m surrounded by Morons!“

He took a deep breath, before looking at Derpy again. “Lock her up with the fillies until we figure out what to do with her.“

The henchmen nodded before she was flanked by two mean-looking stallions, who dragged her off toward the back of the building. Derpy had no choice but to follow.

*CRASH!*

"What the buck was that?!" One of the stallions pulled a knife upon hearing the sound, cautiously approaching the source. Derpy on the other hoof felt like hiding in a corner, but the second stallion forced her to continue. He too had pulled a weapon.

Walking around the corner, they arrived at a broken-down door. An unconscious form lay on the opposite wall, blood staining his body from multiple cuts across his body.

One stallion immediately ran over, checking him up.

"He's alive." he finally said after a moment of inspecting the injured thug. "He took quite a blow trough, no way the fillies did this. Warn the others we got an intrud-AAARGH!"

*CRASH!*

Derpy flinched as the thug was suddenly picked up in a magic blue aura, before getting violently slammed into the wall, knocked out cold. The stallion behind her managed a startled scream, before meeting the same fate.

Derpy by now had curled up in a ball, hiding in a corner, praying she would make it back home alive.

"Hey, are you alright?"

Derpy flinched upon hearing the unknown voice, before slowly lifting her head. She flinched again upon coming face to face with an alicorn who was standing over her.

"We're Unity and here to help... hold up I know you, aren't you that mailmare? Derpy, correct?"

Derpy managed a weak nod before her eyes straightened out and she fainted.