• Published 29th Nov 2020
  • 201 Views, 0 Comments

An Itsy Bitsy Problem - ultspideyfan



Spider-Mane has become a nuisance to Wilson Fisk. Time to cut the web before it can be finished.

  • ...
 0
 201

Rampaging Rhino

Peter had been helping Applejack with the dishes after they had eaten dinner. Rainbow Dash stayed behind with Trixie to learn more about Spider-Mane's early days.

"Ah appreciate the help but y'all didn't have to. Yer the guest after all."

"Yeah. Still, I couldn't just leave you here by your lonesome. That and my aunt always says stuff like this is a way to say 'thank you' for the hospitality." Peter gave Applejack a cheeky grin, one she returned in full.

"Sounds like yer aunt is one kind mare."

"Yeah. The kindest mare I had the pleasure of being related to. She's a great mom." Though he said that last bit more to himself, that didn't stop Applejack from hearing it. A smile small places itself firmly on her face.

"Ah bet she thinks yer a great son." Hearing that made Peter's ears twitch. And warm, along with his entire being. Her words felt genuine, to the point it took him off guard. Applejack could only chuckle at Peter's bewildered expression. She watched as a smile crept its way onto his face.

"Thanks." Was all he managed to say, earning a nod from the farm pony. Peter's smile however, soon faulted as his fur stood upright. Peter's head began ringing, following the beat of his heart. Everything grew quite for him as his background was replaced with darkness and mismatched colors. He was highlighted by a hue of red in this littlw world.

"Pete? Peter? Peter!" He couldn't hear Rainbow Dash calling for him as his ears were flooded with the ringing in his head that only grew faster and louder! Peter's eyes drift to his right upward as a van crashes through the roof. Parker dashes forward tackling the three highlighted mares before him. Finally, the spider-sense calmed itself as they crash into the wooden floor boards avoiding certain death.

Rainbow and Applejack were caught off guard by Peter's sudden reaction speed. Trixie on the other hand immediately recognized that Peter was in, as he likes to call it, 'the zone.' Big Macintosh and Apple Bloom came rushing downstairs upon hearing the commotion.

"What in tarnation?" Was all Mac could blurt out before a roar filled the house. Peter quickly got to his hooves and began sprinting outside.

"Peter wait!" Applejack called out. He was already gone. "What the hell does he think he's doin'?"

"Knowing him, running off to go get help. He's been pretty good at that for a while." Trixie answered. She lends a hand to Applejack helping her up as Rainbow was aided by Mac.

"Who the hell could've done that? Isn't the Goblin locked up or something?" Rainbow asked. A loud WHACK came from outside followed by Spider-Mane crashing through the door, bouncing off the ground before attaching his fingers to the ground allowing himself to ski to a halt.

"Ow ow ow ow.....that's definitely a broken rib...or ribs." Peter winces in pain as he grabs at his sides.

"Where's Peter?" Applejack asked upon seeing the hero.

"I told him to hide somewhere. He shouldn't be far," he steadied himself as he got back up, "as for the thing outside well that's a Rhino. At least that's what I'm calling it. You guys stay here whilst I deal with him." Peter hurried back outside, zipping on top of the beast before flipping over as it went for a bear hug.

"We gotta help him!" Rainbow says, her wings allowing her to hover above the ground.

"Ah agree. No pony wrecks the house and gets away with it." Mac nodded in agreement.

"Then let's move!" Trixie yells leading the charge.
----
Peter flipped over the brute's arm as its fist smashes into the dirt. Two web lines were attached onto its back with Parker pulling. Rhino was soon lifted off the dirt and slammed back down to earth. The beast could only groan as it flipped itself over on its back just as Peter slammed himself into its chest.

"So its obvious that your here for me but I gotta know, who sent you?" Rhino whined in pain as the slimy substance pulled away from his disfigured face. Though the substance reminded Peter of Venom, the Rhino's face didn't ring any bells. The spider-sense on the other hand recognized the face and made it known.

Rhino seemed to be highlighted underneath Peter, causing the hero to look at him in confusion.

"Familiar *familiar.* We know him. It's him. It's--"

"O'Hirn?" Peter's external voice cut through the older/younger internal voice that had been used by the spider-sense. "Wait since when could it do that?"

"Look out!" Too distracted by his own thoughts, Peter took a hit to the face cracking his left lense. As he slams into the ground he curses himself for not listening to his spider-sense. His vision suddenly went dark as Rhino wrapped his hand around his tiny head.

Before Rhino could crush Spider-Mane his knees gave out as Applejack and Big Mac had deadlocked the brute. Rainbow quickly flew up to Rhino and delivered a hoof to the mouth that earned a Crunch as O'Hirn's nose was broken.

With Spider-Mane free Trixie fired a blast of magic that sent Rhino on his back.

"Ugh....I thought I told you guys to stay inside?" Peter looks up to Rainbow Dash pulling him away from the fight.

"Yeah but you should've known that wasn't going to happen." Her cheeky reply brought out a chuckle in Peter.

"We need a hand here!" Mac's voice cut through to the two. He easily dodged a fist from Rhino as it seemed the beast was winding down. Mac quickly ensnared the right arm into the loop of the lasso and secured his hold whilst his sister did the same on the left. Trixie continued with her barrage of magical blasts, making the slimy armor weaker.

The two Apples pulled with all their might, keeping the beasts arms tied down taking away it's preffered form of attacking. Though his face was now covered Rainbow took the opportunity to throw some jabs at the only exposed area on Rhino, his jaw.

Peter took to running into the forest just left of the Apple household. He lined himself up with Rhino. He whistled as he watched the spectacle before him. "They really know how to hold their own. Huh."

"Where's Spidey?" Trixie asked as she grew weary. Using this much of her magic in her tired state wasn't something she was fond of.

Her question was answered though when a black and red blur blitzed passed her. Spider-Mane collided with Rhino's chest, his knees bending upon impact. Peter pushed himself off O'Hirn with enough force to send him crashing into the ground. Whilst Parker was still airborne he fired multiple web pellets till the Rhino was effectively tied down.

"Way to go team. Oh sweet Celestia." Peter's legs were shaking after the ordeal which only made Rainbow snort at his predicament. "Remind me to never fire myself like a slingshot. Oh man." Just after he said that, a couple of armored vehicles pulled up. Soldiers quickly shot out from the vans and swarmed Rhino, weapons drawn and aimed at the downed villain.

A zebra with an eye patch, who bore a black trench coat, walked up to the group. The remainder of his outfit was also dipped in black, with a gun resting at his hip. A small smirk found its way onto his worn down features.

"Good work. We'll be taking it from here." Fury said as his soldiers lugged Rhino into the back of a van, which caused the vehicle to dip.

"Hold on now he needs help. Somepony did that to him. We gotta help him." Peter said walking up to Fury.

"That's what we're doing kid. Once he's in a secure cell away from here we'll start working on getting him back to normal."

"And where do you plan on taking him?" Peter felt uneasy. His spider-sense wasn't saying 'threat' but it also wasn't saying 'ally.' Hell it didn't say anything which didn't help his decision making.

"Shield headquarters," he pat Peter's head as if he were a child, "My my how you've grown Peter." Spider-Mane's lenses widen at the mention of his name. He looks at Fury who bore that smirk from before. Again Fury pat Peter's head before taking off. "Oh and don't worry about the property damage. It's been covered." And with that, Fury's van sped off. Trixie walked up to Peter who was still reeling from the shock.

"What did he say to you?" She asked him.

"He....knows me. But like....it sounded like he knows me. Like, when my parents were still around."


Eddie and Venom had gotten settled in their apartment in Manehattan. They had moved out to Manehattan to continue their investigation. Shocker had appeared in Ponyville after he left. Then Pinkie told him about a Rhino in a grey 'slimy substance' wrecking havoc. He cursed himself for leaving too soon, though he made a mental note to check out this Rhino character when he returned.

As Eddie entered his room the air around him seemed to change. Immediately he picked up on the presence he felt in the room. Venom engulfed his left arm, the two ready for a fight.

"No need to get hostile. I'm not an enemy." Their voice sounded off to Eddie. Something was distorting their voice for them.

"Who are you? What do you want?" A folder fell at Eddie's hooves. The Shield logo, similar to the one on Richard and Mary's ID, was plastered on the right hand side of the file.

"That should help with your investigation."

"How do you know about that?" No response. The presence was gone. The lights flickered on abruptly, blinding Brock. Once his eyes adjusted he saw that his room was left the exact same.
----
As Eddie looked around in confusion as a cloaked figure watched him from a rooftop one building away. The figures purple cloak blew in the wind, with only the various buckles fastening it to the pony underneath. Bandages caked the figures hands whilst they wore armored boots underneath the cloak. They had just gotten off a call with their lyre player when another call came in.

"Did Brock retrieve the file?" The voice of Nick Fury asked once the call was answered.

"Yes Director Fury."

"Good. You know what your mission is: keep an eye on the lot, but don't intervene unless things get too dangerous for them."

"Yes sir."

"Fury out." The call ended. A sigh escapes the Shield agent. Back to Ponyville. They jump off the rooftop, the cloak flowing in the wind like a cape. Whilst they disappeared in the night a black muscle car zooms in the empty streets. One could argue that the back end of the car was shaped like a bat.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment