• Published 29th Nov 2020
  • 201 Views, 0 Comments

An Itsy Bitsy Problem - ultspideyfan



Spider-Mane has become a nuisance to Wilson Fisk. Time to cut the web before it can be finished.

  • ...
 0
 201

A Shocking Development

Cockiness was one of Peter's flaws in battle. It wasn't one that reared its ugly mug with every villain he fought, just the ones that were too dumb enough to be a big threat. Like Herman Schultz aka the Shocker. Herman always made it easy on Peter. He was just the "villain of the week" in Peter's mind. Key word being was.

Somepony had upgraded Herman's gear. And these upgrades made him dangerous, far more than he should be. Peter dodged everything Herman threw at him, trying to find an opening to ensnare at least one of his gauntlets in a web.

"C'mon Herman go easy on me! It's too early in the morning for this!" He dodges another attack only for it to smash into a fruit stand. "Plus your causing massive amounts of property damage! We're still reeling from Gobby's--oof." Parker was struck in the gut, the vibrations coursing through his body. He curses himself knowing this fight should've ended minutes ago.

"Ya got sloppy bug. Y'all must still think I'm easy prey," Herman fired another wave but Peter jumped into the sky, "but I'll show ya just how I can be." He quickly fired another wave, clipping Spider-Mane's head sending the hero into the dirt. His spider-sense flared but Herman added onto his assault, sending Peter's skull crashing into the dirt.

As Peter struggled to get to his hooves, Herman cranked up the output on his gauntlets. He clenches his fists as he takes aim.

"Nothing personal bug, just business." *CRACK!* Peter turned just in time to catch Rainbow Dash's hoof connect with Herman's face. The surprise attack sent the Shocker careening into dirt before crashing on top of a lemonade stand.

Rainbow clutches her knee as she lands. She didn't anticipate how tough the helmet was. Impulse led her here. With the pain dying down she runs over to Spider-Mane.

"You okay dude?" She asks trying to help him up.

"I'll be fine. You should get out of here though." Peter weakly states. That last shot to the head really dazed him.

"Yeah no. In case you didn't notice you would've been jelly if I hadn't shown up." Rainbow says, giving a stern look to the red eyes that met hers. "Now who the heck is that and how do we stop him?"

"*sigh* That guy is Herman Schultz, the Shocker. As for stopping him, all we need to do is gum up his gauntlets and it'll send the vibrations right back to him."

"And if that doesn't work?"

"We drop something on him." He flatly stated. Before Rainbow could question that method Spider-Mane shoved her out of the way taking a hit that knocked him down.

"Spidey!"

"Y'all have somethin more important to be worryin about than that bug!" Dash grit her teeth, she was already irritated with this stallion and she had known him for no more than two minutes. Herman charged up another blast, the setting still on high. Rainbow zipped to the sky just as Herman slammed his fists onto the ground.

"Wait Spidey--" Rainbow's internal thinking was cut short when she saw that the hero had lept into the sky at the last second.

"Sweet mother of Luna that was close!" Parker's thoughts echoed. Had his spider-sense not alerted him he would've been done in. Peter lands back down just as Herman readied another blast. The spider-sense rang out again allowing Peter to narrowly dodge the waves.

Rainbow took this time to scoop up Herman and throw him through a small bridge that led into the heart of Ponyville. The residents of said town scattered like mice at the presence of a fight. All except for Scootaloo. The young filly took cover and began recording the fight her hero had found herself in.

"What's wrong pal? Your gauntlets don't look to ecstatic to be drenched in water!" Rainbow smirks as she notices the gauntlets were sparking.

"Stupid mare." Herman groaned. He powered up his gauntlets once more, not acknowledging how aggressive they were becoming. Peter on the other hand, did notice.

"Herman stop! You've pushed your tech too far, it's gonna blow!" Spidey's frantic words seemed to get through to Shocker. Finally looking at his gauntlets Herman could now see how unstable they had become. He frantically tried to kill the power but the build-up only grew more and more. Then he felt heavy on his shoulders. Looking up he was met with Spider-Mane's frantic expression, which was being shown through his lenses.

"You gotta get off before my suit--" the suit's defenses kicked in, sending vibrations coursing through the two stallions. Though the feeling was very disconcerting Parker forced himself to hold onto his foe.

"Dash get us outta here!" Peter managed to say through the pain. Rainbow flies over to the two, grabbing ahold of Spider-Mane's arms only to feel the vibrations traveling from the hero to herself. She could only carry the two a few feet away from the town before dropping them.

Peter knew it wasn't much. He quickly began webbing up the gauntlets, knowing it would send some of the build up back to them.

"What are you doing?!" Herman called out. The Shocker suit was doing a decent job at dampening the effects, in Herman's case. Peter's insides felt like they were close to being mush.

"Praying for a miracle!" Peter managed to shout back. Rainbow watched, a sickening feeling building up in her chest. She didn't like this. She felt useless in a situation so dire. Soon enough, Herman and Peter were entombed in a ball of webbing.

A few seconds ticked by and.....nothing. Rainbow's ears perked up, and so did Scootaloo's from her cover spot. Then it hit them. The ground shook, the webbing fell apart, everything felt like a quake. Thankfully though the buildings didn't crumble, leaving the residents inside safe and alive. The rumbling then ceased. Scootaloo got back to her hooves, grabbed her phone and rushed over to Rainbow Dash.

"Is it over?" She asked her hero.

"Seems like it," the sound of sirens made their ears twitch. Rainbow got back up and made her way towards Spider-Mane, "get outta here Scoots. I'm gonna make sure Spidey's okay." Scootaloo nodded, ended the recording, and rushed on over to Sweet Apple Acres to show her friends today's fight. Rainbow curses under her breath as she limped to Peter's motionless body. Her legs felt like Jello.

Before the authorities and paramedics could arrive, Rainbow scooped up Spider-Mane and took off into the sky, leaving a groaning Herman to get picked up by the police.

Author's Note:

Man it feels great to write on here again! Now I couldn't find my notebook so I rewrote this fight between Spider-Mane and Shocker. Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Take care everyone!:heart: