• Published 29th Nov 2020
  • 201 Views, 0 Comments

An Itsy Bitsy Problem - ultspideyfan



Spider-Mane has become a nuisance to Wilson Fisk. Time to cut the web before it can be finished.

  • ...
 0
 201

Our Reasons

Peter was still bedridden by the time the pizza arrived. His legs were now experiencing that tingling sensation. At least they no longer felt like Jell-O. Rainbow Dash had left him to read the book he had nabbed from before. The book had been a great read so far, something Peter expected from the Daring Do series.

Within twenty minutes Peter had finished the remainder of the book, setting it down on the nightstand and letting his eyes lock onto the jacket he was wearing. His hand brushed against the soft fabric, the feeling of said fabric tickled his fur. He may have not known Rainbow all that well, but from what he had been told she was not one to settle for anything less than her best. Peter looked up to the ceiling, and then his legs.

Rainbow Dash entered the room, finishing a slice of pizza. She immediately took note of the empty bed, and the stallion on the ceiling.

"What are you doing?" She asked with a puzzled expression written on her face.

"I was just getting my legs used to some movement. They're no longer Jello so that's a plus." He gently drops himself onto the bed below.

"Mhm. Jacket looks decent on you. Didn't think you'd wear it though."

"Thanks. I guess. So uhh....what's up?" Rainbow stood in silence for a moment, trying to remember the reason as to why she walked in here. A lightbulb turned on in her head as the reason flashed before her mind's eye.

"Oh yeah; I actually wanted to know why you do this hero gig." Peter raised an eyebrow at this, not really expecting this kind of a question. "I mean, every hero has a reason right? It's like an unspoken rule for you guys."

"Well," Peter began rubbing his hands together not knowing the best way to say this, "to put it bluntly I got my uncle killed. Around the time I got my powers I let some crook slip past me. He broke into our apartment, uncle Ben tried to stop him and got killed for it. After finding the guy and leaving him for the cops I vowed to never again look the other way. I do what I do to honor him."

Rainbow felt empathetic towards Peter. Her wings fluttered a bit when she thought of her own reason.

"I initially wanted to join the Wonderbolts because I thought the fame and glory would be cool." Peter's ears perked up to the sound of her voice. It was soft now, not the usual tone he grew accustomed to. "Then the Avengers assembled to defeat Loki and Tirek. That changed my view on heroics. Now I want to help because frankly, we need more ponies who are willing to stand up. The Avengers will retire one day. We're gonna have to step up when that happens."

Peter simply nodded her words ringing true about the last part.

"I think you've made your uncle proud. I think he's looking down on you, pleased with the stallion your growing into." Peter could only look at Rainbow in surprise. That caught him off guard. She knew it. Rainbow gave him a soft smile, which Peter gave back in return.

"Thanks Dash. I didn't know I needed to hear that."

"Don't mention it. Anywho, can you walk?"

"Great question." Peter answers just as he was getting to his hooves. He was standing upright now, the wobbling had ceased. Then Peter took one step forward, then another, then another, and another till he was at the doorway. He looked back at Rainbow Dash with a smug expression. "What do you think Skittles?"

"Good as new. Also stop calling me that. One other thing I forgot to mention, Trixie's at Aj's place. So I'm gonna go drop you off over there kay."

"You know I can just webzip on over there right?"

"Yeah till there are no more buildings around. This isn't a debate we're leaving now." She got up and began pushing Parker out to the living room. He picked up his mask and gloves on his way out.

Despite his constant protesting, Rainbow Dash carried the young stallion all the way over to Sweet Apple Acres, which Peter had to admit, wasn't that bad of a ride considering the view.