• Published 23rd Nov 2020
  • 529 Views, 34 Comments

EqG Tales: Enchantimals Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight and her friends are meeting up with new magical animal friends

  • ...
 34
 529

PreviousChapters Next
54. Nature Tour with Odele Owl

Author's Note:

It’s time for a tour through a nature preserve. And, Odele Owl is the guide.

Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Photo Finish boarded a tour bus, ready for a cruise around a nature preserve.

“I’m so looking forward to this trip.” Fluttershy said with excitement.

“No surprise there, Flutters.” Rainbow replied. “Seeing all kinds of animals always brings a smile to your face.”

“That’s right, Dashie. And, seeing these animals taken care of is a pleasant sight.”

“I’m glad that I come along.” Photo added. “With my camera, I’ll take some good pictures.”

The people on the bus anticipated the arrival of the driver. Soon, a cream skinned girl came to the scene. She has white hair, a yellow nose that looks like a beak, and lines around her eyes. Everybody looked at her with confusion.

“Who is this strange looking character?” Photo demanded.

Rainbow looked at her carefully. “I think that’s Odele Owl.”

“Odele Owl?” Photo gasped. “From Frozenwood?”

“I think so.”

Odele addressed the crowd. “Hello, everybody. The regular tour guide has a broken arm and can’t be with us. But, don’t worry. I’ve been asked to take over today.”

Odele climbed into the driver seat. Gave a whistle, and three small owls flew in and went over to her.

“What is with these birds that flew in?” Photo asked.

“I think those are her besties.” Fluttershy replied. “Voyage, Cruise, and Patrol.”

When everybody sat down, Odele started the vehicle, and the bus went on the way. As the tour proceeds, Photo starts clicking her camera.

“Ah, elephants.” Photo praised. “Magnificent creatures. Biggest land mammal ever seen.”

“No argument from me.” Dash added.

As the tour continues, Odele’s bird friends went over to Fluttershy.

“Oh my.” Fluttershy gasped. “This is unexpected.”

“Looks like my besties took a liking to you, Miss Fluttershy.” Odele said.

“Fluttershy has a way with animals.” Rainbow informed.

“That’s good to know, Rainbow.”

Photo Finish took some pictures of some tigers grazing in the grass. “Beautiful. Those stripes are a sight to behold.”

Suddenly, the bus stops. This got Photo a little upset. “Why has the tour stopped, Miss Owl?”

“Don’t panic, folks. Especially you, Photo Finish.” Odele informed. “We’re just letting this big fellow pass by.”

An ostrich walks across the path.

“Oh, yes!” Photo praised as she starts clicking away. “The ostrich. Largest bird in the world.”

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are impressed with this tour. Later, Rainbow Dash was given a picture from Photo before going home. It was a picture of Rainbow being licked by a giraffe. Her little buddy, Scootaloo, giggled a little bit.

“I can’t believe that you were kissed by a giraffe.” Scootaloo said.

“Me neither.” Dash replied. “But, it’s bound to happen to someone.”

“At least Odele Owl is a good tour guide. I’ll bet Fluttershy was tickled when Voyage, Cruise, and Patrol came to sit with her.”

Rainbow agreed. At her own house, Fluttershy was given a picture of herself with Odele’s besties with her.

“This is definitely one for my scrapbook.” Fluttershy said happily. “Wait until my brother sees this.”

PreviousChapters Next