• Published 23rd Nov 2020
  • 529 Views, 34 Comments

EqG Tales: Enchantimals Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight and her friends are meeting up with new magical animal friends

  • ...
 34
 529

PreviousChapters Next
15. A day at the rink with Hauna Husky

Author's Note:

Twilight is receiving ice skating lessons from Hauna Husky.

With the weather warm, Twilight Sparkle joined Rarity as they make their way to the ice rink.

“It’s nice to let me join you at the ice rink, Rarity.” Twilight said.

“My pleasure, darling.” Rarity replied. “I think this will be a great experience for you.”

“It would be.” Twilight started to get worried. “If I knew how to skate.”

Rarity gasped, hearing that comment. “You mean, you don’t know how to ice skate?”

“I’m afraid not. I guess you don’t need me to join you now.”

Twilight is starting to tear up. Rarity then went to comfort her friend. “Don’t worry, Twilight. What you need is an instructor.”

“Do you know one?” Twilight wondered.

“Well, I heard that someone from Frozenwood is visiting this rink now. She’ll probably be happy to teach you.”

Twilight wonders who Rarity is talking about. Inside the rink, Twilight watched everyone, Rarity included, having fun ice skating. She was soon approached by a girl with white skin with gray going down to her nose and surrounding her face, she has glittering silver hair, and pointed dog ears. She wore a sea foam green ice skating outfit.

“Hello, Twilight Sparkle.” The girl said.

Twilight soon knows who it is. “Are you Hauna Husky?”

“Yes, I am.”

“I heard of you. You run a hot chocolate stand in Frozenwood.”

“Sounds like you did research. I decided to visit this ice rink since it’s a nice warm day.”

Twilight got confused. “Are you going to teach me how to skate?”

“That’s right.” Hauna answered. “First, let’s get you measured for ice skates.”

Soon, Twilight has skates on and finds herself on the ice.

“You’ve probably seen roller blades used. Haven’t you?” Hauna said.

“I...g..guess so.” Twilight said nervously.

“It’s the same here. Except on ice. All you need is balance.”

Taking it slow, Twilight starts sliding slowly on the ice. The intellect feels unstable. Fortunately, Hauna stands by her so she won’t hurt herself.

“Slow and steady wins it all, Twilight.” Hauna explained. “Just take it easy.”

“I’m..I’m trying.” Twilight said nervously.

Suddenly, Twilight got unbalanced, and fell on her butt.

“Are you all right?” Hauna asked.

Twilight took a moment to recover. “I’m fine. Good thing I learned to fall on my seat, so I won’t break my ankle.”

“Good to know.” Hauna lifted Twilight up. “Let’s try again.”

As the day went on, Twilight is getting steady on the ice. Hauna stood by her to keep her safe. From a distance, Rarity was watching. She was pleased with Twilight’s progress. Later that day, Twilight sat down to rest. Rarity went over to check on her.

“You’re getting good, Twilight.” Rarity praised.

“Thanks, Rarity.” Twilight said. “Hauna is a good teacher.”

Hauna came to them with cups of hot cocoa on a tray. Twilight saw a husky puppy tag along with her.

“Aw.” Twilight cooed. “It’s Hauna’s bestie: Whipped.”

“He does look adorable.” Rarity added.

“Thanks, girls.” Hauna praised as she hands Twilight and Rarity their cups. “Here’s to a cool time here in the ice rink.”

“Cheers!” Twilight and Rarity said together as they raise their cups.

The three girls enjoyed their hot cocoa, and each other.

PreviousChapters Next