• Published 23rd Nov 2020
  • 529 Views, 34 Comments

EqG Tales: Enchantimals Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight and her friends are meeting up with new magical animal friends

  • ...
 34
 529

PreviousChapters Next
19. Barn clean up with Haydie Horse

Author's Note:

When the barn at Sweet Apple Acres is a bit wrecked, Granny Smith calls in Haydie Horse for help.

A storm ripped through Canterlot City. It wasn’t that bad. But, enough to leave a bit of damage. At Sweet Apple Acres, the Apple Family went over to the barn to survey the damage.

“Thanks for coming over all the way from Appleloosa, Braeburn.” Applejack said with relief.

“I had to.” Braeburn said. “We’re family. And, family always helps one another.”

Big Mac agreed. “Eeyup.”

“I’m very impressed that we slept through it the night before.” Apple Bloom added.

“You and me both, sis.” Applejack agreed. “But, It sure damaged our barn.”

“I’m glad that hearing of this here storm, we asked Fluttershy to take care of Penelope.”

“At least our chickens found safe refuge in our basement. Their chicken coop is still intact.”

Granny Smith came along to join the family.

“We have the tools, we have the man power, we’re set to go.” Granny Smith informed.

“Then, let’s get fixin’.” Braeburn cheered.

“I also asked for extra help.” Granny called out to someone. “Come on over, Haydie!”

Soon, a brown skinned girl came over. She has light tan going between her eyes up to her nose. She has straight brown hair with ears on top of her head. This girl is wearing a white flannel shirt, blue bib overalls, and brown boots.

“Well, I’ll be.” Applejack gasped, knowing who it is. “Haydie Horse!”

“Howdy, Applejack.” Haydie said. “It’s good to finally meet you.”

Braeburn got curious. “What are y’all doing here?”

“Granny Smith called me and told me of what happened from last night.” Haydie explained. “She said that you guys can use my help.”

“That’s right.” Apple Bloom realized. “There’s a barn over at Harvest Hills. So, you’re used to taking care of things like this.”

“That’s right, Apple Bloom.”

A small horse came along and nuzzled Applejack. She looked at the horse happily. “Howdy, Trotter. Came to help too?”

Trotter nodded. Braeburn looked at the horse with confusion. “Trotter?”

“Eeyup.” Big Macintosh replied. “Haydie’s companion. Besties as the Enchantimals call them.”

Granny Smith made an announcement. “All right, folks. It’s fixing time!”

Everybody cheered. Soon, the family started the repairs. Apple Bloom sweeps away any debris. Braeburn helps out with outdoor garbage bags. Applejack and Big Mac hammer in new wood. Haydie holds the wood steady for the hammering. Trotter uses his tail to sweep more debris in the bag.

“Thanks, Trotter.” Apple Bloom praised.

Trotter whinnies happily. Granny Smith helps out by supplying any materials.

“Looking good, folks.” Granny said. “Need anymore wood or nails, I have it.”

“Thanks, Granny Smith.” Haydie replied.

Applejack, Big Mac, and Braeburn are happy with Haydie’s help. Later, the barn is fixed as Fluttershy brings Penelope back to the barn.

“You’re a good horse, Penelope.” Fluttershy said calmly. “Now, you’re home.”

Applejack came over to talk to Fluttershy.

“Thanks for taking care of Penelope, Fluttershy.” Applejack praised.

“My pleasure.” Fluttershy said happily. “I’m pretty impressed that Haydie Horse and Trotter helped out.”

“You’re not the only one.”

Haydie has a conversation with Granny Smith. “You and your family should visit Harvest Hills, Granny Smith. You folks would feel right at home.”

“From what I’ve heard about your own farm land home,” Granny figured, “you maybe right.”

The two ladies high fived each other, satisfied with the repairs.

PreviousChapters Next