• Published 23rd Nov 2020
  • 530 Views, 34 Comments

EqG Tales: Enchantimals Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight and her friends are meeting up with new magical animal friends

  • ...
 34
 530

PreviousChapters Next
43. Let’s race with Larissa Lemur

Author's Note:

When Lightning Dust is acting so sure of herself, Larissa Lemur shows up to put her in her place.

Spitfire has a meeting with members of the Wonderbolts soccer team.

“We’re doing good so far.” Spitfire said, looking at her team. “We may have had a few losses. But, we managed a lot of notches in the WIN column.”

“Our team work really did good.” Fleetfoot said happily.

“Not only that, Fleetfoot. But, through hard work as well.”

Rainbow Dash agreed with her leader. “Each of us brings something to the team. That’s why we’re so good.”

“Yeah, right!” Said an annoying voice.

Pretty soon, Lightning Dust shows up. She is looking at Rainbow Dash nastily.

“What do you want, LD?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I can be as good as you, Rainbow.” Lightning replied. “I’m one of the best soccer players around.”

Spitfire steps up to confront the cocky girl. “So, you think you can best anybody?”

“I sure can, Spitfire.” LD replied.

Spitfire then has an idea. “Convince me. Meet us at Canterlot State Park in one hour.”

Later that day, Lightning Dust meets the Wonderbolts at the park. In the forest area, everybody sees a lot of branches and leaves set up as an obstacle course.

“Okay, LD.” Spitfire announced. “I had this obstacle course set up. Let’s see you race somebody through this.”

“Not a problem.” Lightning replied. “Which of you goons am I going to race?”

“I set up a special opponent.” Spitfire calls out for someone. “Come on in, Larissa!”

In steps a light lavender skinned girl with white and dark purple around her eyes. This matches her two toned hair. She has white ears sticking out and a black and white fuzzy tail in the back.

“Whoa!” Dash gasped. “Lightning is in for tough competition.”

“How so?” Sky Stinger asked.

“That’s Larissa Lemur. She’s pretty skilled in settings like this.”

“Thanks for the compliment, Rainbow Dash.” Larissa praised.

Larissa approaches the cocky one, who’s a little weary.

“I’m racing against you?” Lightning asked.

“That’s right.” Larissa answered. “Let’s see if you’re so cocky after this.”

The two girls prepared to race.

“Ready, girls?” Spitfire said

Larissa and Lightning nodded. Spitfire gives the signal. “On your marks, get set..., GO!”

They took off. They swung on branches, hopped on giant leaves, and climbed and descend down trees. The crowd cheered as a lemur came along.

“Hi, Ringlet.” Vapor Trail greeted. “Came to see your friend race?”

Ringlet nodded. The race went on. After jumping off the last branch, they raced to a finish line set up with Soarin Skies standing there holding a checkered flag. It was close, but Larissa crossed the finish line with LD just behind her.

“The winner is Larissa Lemur!” Soarin announces while waving the flag.

The crowd cheered as the racers tried to catch their breath.

“Well, the better person won.” Lightning admitted. “Good race, Larissa.”

They shook hands as Rainbow Dash watched with shock.

“I never knew Lightning is graceful after losing a race.” Rainbow said.

As Lightning left, Larissa stopped her for a moment. “You gave me a good race. How did you manage to catch up to me?”

“I did some parkour once in a while.” Lightning answered as she left for home. I’ll take you on next time, Larissa.

PreviousChapters Next