• Published 23rd Nov 2020
  • 529 Views, 34 Comments

EqG Tales: Enchantimals Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight and her friends are meeting up with new magical animal friends

  • ...
 34
 529

PreviousChapters Next
40. A peaceful day with Hixby Hedgehog

Author's Note:

It’s time for another young man of the Enchantimals to arrive. Here, Rainbow Dash is visited by Hixby Hedgehog.

Rising with the sun, Rainbow Dash slips on a purple tank top, bright blue Capri style tights, and her sneakers. Taking a sky blue mat she heads for the front door.

“Rainbow,” Windy Whistles, Rainbow’ Mom, calls, “going to that forest for yoga?”

“I sure am.” Rainbow Dash said. “These yoga stretches are how I get my legs in shape for soccer.”

“Makes sense to me. And, the quiet atmosphere of that forest is good for yoga occasionally. Your nature lover friend, Fluttershy, would feel right at home.”

Rainbow blushed. “I guess you’re right, mom.”

As Rainbow walks to the forest, she was spotted by the avid photographer, Photo Finish.

“Hello, Rainbow.” Photo greeted.

“What’s up, Photo?” Rainbow Dash said. “I’m just going to do some yoga.”

“Yoga? You?” Photo gasped.

“Sure. How do you think I prepare for soccer?”

Rainbow Dash resumed her travels as Photo watches.

“To each his own I suppose.” Photo thought.

Inside the forest, Rainbow unrolled her mat, took off her sneakers, and started stretching. With the sounds of the birds and the waterfall, the forest provided a natural soundtrack. After Rainbow stood up from doing a frog pose, she heard something that she didn’t expect.

“Good morning, Rainbow Dash.” Said the voice of a young man.

In steps a tan skinned boy with golden hair, pointed ears, and is wearing red colored glasses.

“Hixby Hedgehog.” Rainbow said happily. “This is a surprise.”

“I’m just as surprised seeing you here too.” Hixby replied.

Hixby walks up to Rainbow as she sits cross legged on her mat.

“What brings you here, Hixby?” Dash asked.

“I decided to take a walk through this forest.” Hixby explained. “The setting is very calm. Many people come to places like this to sightsee, witness the activities of animals, and sometimes activities like what you’re doing.”

“Can’t argue with that.”

“You know, I never knew that one of the most athletic girls of Canterlot High School would do something quiet like yoga.”

“That maybe true.” Rainbow replied. “But, sometimes I’d like to take things a little easy. Besides, this is how I prepare for soccer.”

Suddenly, Rainbow sees a hedgehog come up and crawl onto Rainbow’s lap.

“Hi, Pointer.” Rainbow greeted. “You come to be with me?”

Hixby looked with a smile. I guess my little bestie knows a kind soul when he sees one.

Rainbow Dash then closed her eyes to meditate with Pointer on her lap, feeling relaxed. Later at the soccer field, practice is over, and the players all prepared to go home.

“I can’t believe that Hixby Hedgehog and Pointer spent time with you.” Soarin Skies said.

“I guess they figured that while I do yoga,” Rainbow Dash figured, “I can be calm and quiet.”

Soarin looked at her, then smiled a little bit. “True.”

PreviousChapters Next