• Published 8th Nov 2020
  • 515 Views, 8 Comments

The Bewitching Bell Campaign - Leondude



With Flurry Heart as the GM, Luster and her ragtag bunch of friends engage in an O&O campaign of silly proportions.

  • ...
0
 8
 515

Chapter 5 - Seriously, Flurry?!

After a long trek to the nearest town, the adventurers had spotted a stall that had a massive, conveniently-placed sign next to it saying 'SHRUBBERIES FOR SALE!'.

"Gee, I wonder if they sell shrubberies?" Rogue snarkily asked.

"Would it kill you to not make a sarcastic comment for five minutes?" Melody asked.

"What?" Rogue said defensively, "It's what my character does."

Furnus zoomed up to the shopkeeper, "Hi there, do you have any shrubberies?"

"None, I'm afraid," the shopkeeper replied, "All my shrubberies were stolen by a terrible beast of unfathomable cruelty."

Putia embeds her axe into the stall, "Point us to beast."

"Follow me," the shopkeeper said as he walked away from his stall.

The adventurers followed the shopkeeper to the far end of the market before making their way into another forest. As they followed the shopkeeper into the forest, they saw that it was littered with the broken bones and mangled armour of deceased adventurers. The wind bellowed as they made their way up a hill after walking out of the forest.

"Stop!" the shopkeeper exclaimed before pointing at a cave, "This is where our terrible foe resides."

"Keep me covered," Putia said.

"With what?" Usterlay asked.

"Just keep me covered," Putia reiterated.

"Too late!" the shopkeeper announced.

From the cave crawled not a foul behemoth but a cute little bunny rabbit.

"There it is," the shopkeeper whispered.

"Behind rabbit?" Putia asked.

"It is the rabbit," the shopkeeper replied.

Rogue's eyes widened with horror, "Oh, no."

Putia chuckled at her companion's fear, "You encountered rabbit before?"

"Yes," Rogue replied, "And let me tell you guys you're not the first party I've joined that ran into this thing. I'm getting out of here."

With a lucky roll of 18, Rogue immediately headed for the hills.

Putia laughed, "You are most OP member of party! Why are you running from cute bunny?!"

"Because I don't want to get eaten by 'cute bunny'!" Rogue replied, "And because I don't want the last five years of my life to go to waste."

Putia continued laughing at her companion's cowardice.

"I wouldn't laugh if I were you," the shopkeeper warned the barbarian, "That's the foulest, cruellest, bad-tempered lagomorph you will ever see in your life."

"Sure, I believe you," Putia said in between chuckles, "I throw axe at cute bunny's head."

With a roll of 12, the axe was thrown in the rabbit's direction. But, because Putia is under-levelled, the rabbit gobbled up the axe before it could even touch the rabbit's face. Suddenly, the rabbit lunged at Putia and ate her face off.

"Wait, Putia's dead?!" Furnus exclaimed.

"Yes," Putia replied despite being dead, "I am dead."

"Why is Putia dead?" Furnus asked.

"I think it was-" Putia replied before being rudely interrupted by the GM.

"Shh!" the GM said, "You are dead."

Putia shrugged, "Okay."

Melody and Usterlay glared at the GM.

"What?" the GM asked.

"Stop trying to kill us with cute things!" Melody irately said, "Anyway, I shall use my connection with nature to reason with the rabbit."

With a persuasion roll of 15, Melody approached the rabbit and tried to calm it from its murderous rage. Unfortunately, because Melody was also under-levelled, the rabbit gobbled her up as well.

Usterlay continued to glare at the GM, You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?"

The GM flashed a sly grin, "Maybe."

"I told you our GM was sadistic!" Rogue yelled from the distance.

"How powerful is this rabbit?" Furnus asked.

"About level 200," the GM casually replied, "Why?"

Furnus shrugged, "Well, it beats getting killed by falling rocks. And speaking of falling rocks, I cast a Meteor Swarm on this furry fiend."

With a roll of 16, a meteor shower rained down upon the killer rabbit. But, because Furnus was under-levelled, it only did 1 HP of damage.

Furnus gulped, "Mommy."

The rabbit lunged at Furnus and gobbled him up.

"I'm gonna do what Rogue did and make a run for it," Usterlay calmly stated.

With a roll of 6, Usterlay only managed to gallop away for 5 miles before the rabbit caught up to her and gobbled her up.


After the eventful session of O&O, Flurry trotted back to the Crystal Palace. She could have just flown back but it would be difficult to do so when she was wearing a trench coat to conceal her identity. After entering the palace, she hung up her fedora and trenchcoat and trotted upstairs to her room. Or that was what she intended to do were it not for her father making his way down the stairs first.

"Hey, Flurry," Shining Armor said, "How did O&O with your friends go?"

Flurry sheepishly put her hoof behind her head, "Uh..."

Shining Armor frowned, "Did you kill another party with the Killer Rabbit of Care Bear Log?"

"Well...not everyone," Flurry replied, "One of them made a run for it. And in my defence, I thought they could do with the extra XP. If they think the killer rabbit is bad, just wait until they encounter Grogar."

"If they encounter Grogar," Shining pointed out.

Flurry shrugged, "Nothing a resurrection potion or two can't fix. Anyway, do you mind if I stay in Ponyville for a month or two? I made this friend and I think she could use some help with her friendship studies. And who could be more qualified to help than the niece of the Princess of Friendship? Who also happens to be the daughter of the Princess of Love."

Shining moved out of the way, "Sure thing, Flurry. A true friend helps a friend in need, after all."

"I know," Flurry said as she trotted up the stairs, "I heard the song."

"Just try not to kill everyone next time you and your friends play O&O," Shining said as his daughter trotted up the stairs.

Flurry chuckled, "I can't make any promises."

Author's Note:

Aaaand no-one's ever gonna want Flurry to be GM ever again. :twilightsmile:

Luster Dawn/Usterlay
Class: Mage
Level: 2
HP: 14 0
STR: 10
DEX: 14
CON: 12
INT: 10
WIS: 24
CHA: 14

Sasha/Putia
Class: Barbarian
Level: 2
HP: 14 0
STR: 15
DEX: 12
CON: 11
INT: 7
WIS: 15
CHA: 10

River Song/Melody
Class: Druid
Level: 5
HP: 20 0
STR: 18
DEX: 27
CON: 19
INT: 19
WIS: 60
CHA: 25

Novus Flare/Furnus
Class: Sorcerer
Level: 10
HP: 70 0
STR: 21
DEX: 17
CON: 14
INT: 20
WIS: 120
CHA: 16

Griselda/Rogue
Class: Rogue
Level: 30
HP: 210
STR: 90
DEX: 140
CON: 124
INT: 100
WIS: 1224
CHA: 140

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment