• Published 9th Oct 2020
  • 229 Views, 3 Comments

Holiday Blues - friend519



What happens to Canterlot High and Crystal Prep when the holidays return?

  • ...
 3
 229

Mission Accomplished and Parents Reunited

Later that evening, Alizarin and her friends were at Indigo Zap’s house. They were watching Charlie Brown.
“Am I the only one who feels just as hollow for Charlie as hollow for Alizarin?”
“Maybe” Ginger replied. “Why so?”
Indigo answered “there’s theories going around about Charlie having cancer and depression.”
Melon Mint replied “let’s hope those theories don’t ruin the childhood of every fan of Charlie Brown out there.”
Indigo’s dad then came into the room.
“Alizarin” he said. “There’s someone at the door who would be very proud to see you.”
Alizarin was surprised. She went to the door and opened it.
“Hi,” she said.
It ended up being her cousin, Cotton Candy who said, “what’s up cuz?”
“Cotton Candy?”
They both screamed in excitement before hugging each other.
“Come on in,” Alizarin said, pulling her out of the cold.
“Everyone” Alizarin started. “This is my cousin, Cotton Candy. Cuz, this is Ginger Owlseye, Melon Mint, Crystal Lullaby, Frosty Orange, Indigo Zap and Yellow Meringue.
Ginger then responded “I thought you were in Chicago.”
Cotton Candy replied “I don’t go back for 3 weeks. I even stopped to get you guys some burgers on the way here.”
They thanked Cotton Candy for the burgers.
“No problem,” Cotton Candy said.
Melon then asked Alizarin “hey Ali, aren’t you glad for the friends you have?”
“Actually” Alizarin started answering. “I’ve always wanted a sister. Now, it’s like I found 7 sisters, and those 7 are you girls. For me, you made this holiday the best holiday, and I love all of you. Bring it in ladies.”
The girls gave Alizarin a holiday hug to remember.

Meanwhile, Wallflower, Sonata and their group of friends were at Roseluck’s house putting the finishing touches on their gift.
“It’s ready” Juniper said.
“Awesome” Wallflower replied. “Allow the hiding it part to me. When everyone leaves, I’ll sneak over to Sunset’s locker and stick it inside.”
The others thought that would be an amazing idea.
“Thanks” Wallflower said. “You know, I think I speak for me, Juniper and Sonata when it comes to saying I don’t know how we’re gonna thank you for helping us with Sunset’s holiday blues.”
The ideas they thought of were as following:
For Sonata: No more turning fun events into a way to jeopardize anyone’s friendship
For Juniper: No more framing others for crimes they didn’t do, or ruining fun movies for other people
For Wallflower: No more stealing other people’s memories.The 3 of them agreed.
Juniper then said to the viewers, “however, it’s not like anyone did stuff like that lately” before winking at them.
You viewers know what Juniper means, right?

The next day, students have already walked off to class including Sunset Shimmer. Wallflower saw that her locker’s still open. This will be easier than she thought. Without hesitation, she slid the gift in there and closed it.
She then returned to the others and said “it’s in there. We did it girls.”
They all gave each other a holiday high 5.
While walking off, Sonata said to the others, “hey. I just realized something. After all they have been through, do you think the rainbooms are, well, like the siblings or cousins Sunset has been looking for?”
The others looked at each other for a moment.
Raspberry replied “knowing those girls, it’s possible. Though, at this rate, you can say Canterlot High turned a whole school of friends into siblings and cousins.”
Blueberry Pie commented “you said it girl.”
They all strolled off to class in agreement.

Later on, at lunch, Sonata and Wallflower’s sleepover pals saw them enjoying lunch with Juniper.
After saying hi to one another, Foggy Blue asked “what are you eating?”
Juniper responded “spaghetti tacos. They’re so delicious. What brings you over here?”
Derpy told them “for being true mean girls gone clean, and being kind helpers during the holidays, we got these gifts for you.”
Raspberry Fluff commented “you’ve totally earned them. Go ahead and open them.”
They did. Wallflower got new gloves to wear in her garden. Juniper got a new Daring Do collection with AK Yearling’s autograph. Sonata got a new pair of boots.
“We love them,” Juniper commented.
“We can’t thank you enough,” Sonata commented.
“We’re glad you love them,” Foggy responded.
They gave each other a hug to remember.

Meanwhile, the rainbooms were talking about their next sleepover.
“Let’s have the next sleepover at my house” Rainbow Dash suggested.
The others were all in agreement.
Sunset Shimmer responded “I can’t wait.”
Twilight then told the others “that reminds me, with everyone opening gifts, I still haven’t given you mine. You can open them during tonight’s sleepover.”
Sunset responded “thanks, but I don’t know what gift will beat the one the Crystal Prep Shadowbolts made for us. I love this poster.”
Juniper replied “there’s more to it.”
After killing the lights, she then told Vinyl to turn on some jams. Vinyl Scratch got a dance party started by turning on “Off the Wall” by Michael Jackson.
“It comes with a dance party?” she asked.
The others agreed. The wondercolts were having the time of their lives grooving together.

Later on, at the Sweet Snacks Cafe, Alizarin and her friends ran into Sandalwood and his friends. They all said hi to one another.
“Who’s this sweet girl?” Brawly Beats asked.
“I’m Yellow Meringue” she answered. “Nice to meet you.”
Brawly then said “right back at you.”
Micro asked what she’s doing with them.
Crystal answered “she’s spending the holidays with us. Her parents are too busy with the Navy to be here.”
Flash then pointed at a lovely couple in Navy’s uniforms and asked “then who are those 2?”
The couple looked over.
“Yellow Meringue?”
Yellow, with a surprised look responded “mom; dad!”
She ran over and hugged them.
“I thought you were in the Navy.”
Yellow’s dad told her “and miss being with you for the holidays? No way.”
Yellow’s mom added “we even brought you a new blanket to stay warm.”
Yellow thanked her parents. She loved the blanket.

Yellow’s dad then said “by the way, look who else’s parents we found.”
The following parents came over and asked, “who wants to give us some sugar?”
Flash Sentry’s parents: Chili Spice and Rosie Raven
Sandalwood’s mom: Yellow Cycle
Brawly Beats’ dad: Metal Beats
Crystal Lullaby’s mom: Emerald Lullaby
Melon Mint’s dad: Blackberry Mint
Indigo Zap’s mom: Indiana Zap
“Wow” Micro said.
Ginger Owlseye asked “so these are all of your parents?”
Emerald Lullaby answered “yep. We used to go to the same schools you’re all in. Where else do you think your skills and abilities came from?”
Rosie Raven replied “Chili and I were part of a band with Metal Beats.”
Yellow Cycle replied “and after Sandalwood’s dad and Brawly’s mom passed away, Metal Beats and I got married making Sandalwood and Brawly Beats stepbrothers.”
They all thought it was so cool.
“Thanks for looking after our kids while we were away” Blackberry Mint said.
“It’s almost as if Canterlot High and Crystal Prep turned all of you friends into cousins and siblings.”
Alizarin hugged Ginger and Melon while replying “which makes me love you guys even more.”
Flash commented “same with you guys. Bring it in people.”
It was like a holiday hug buffet they were never going to forget.

Later that night, the rainbooms were at Rainbow Dash’s house for their 3rd of the consecutive sleepovers. The cutie mark crusaders were there as well.
“Brilliant idea bringing your sisters along” Pinkie Pie said.
“Thanks” Rarity and Applejack said together.
“So Sunset” Sweetie Belle started. “You’re really enjoying that new book.”
“I know” Sunset replied. “Some of the other wondercolts made it for me.”
Apple Bloom replied on the book.
Scootaloo then said “you know Sunset, some of the other kids were curious. Some couldn’t agree on whether or not your pals, the rainbooms, are the siblings/cousins you’ve been looking for.”
Sunset Shimmer looked around for a bit.
“You know what” she started saying to Scootaloo. “They are.”
She then said to the other rainbooms “I’ve always wanted a true family of siblings. Thanks to you girls, I found it.”
She then hugged 2 of them to show how much she means it. Most of the others started tearing up even though they tried not to.
“I don’t know what to say” Applejack said.
“I do” Apple Bloom commented. “Ready to open the gifts Twilight made for you?”
They were. When they opened the gifts, they saw that Twilight gave them the following.
Rarity: A new sweater with her cutie mark on it
Applejack: New cowgirl boots; one pair for her and one for Apple Bloom
Pinkie Pie: A new joke-book with a comedy microphone
Fluttershy: A songbook for when she makes a new number
Rainbow Dash: A picture of her with Scootaloo and their families
Sunset Shimmer: A CD with their greatest hits and an AK Yearling autograph
They all thanked Twilight for the gifts.
“Best holiday ever” Sunset said.
“Yeah” Sweetie Belle replied. “Who wouldn’t agree on anything like that?”
She then gave a wink to the viewers.

Downstairs, Sunset said this to the viewers. “Well, that’s the story. You guys were right. Me and my friends have turned into the family I always wanted. During this time of year, it is important to be with the ones you love. If you’re like me and ain’t so lucky to be with them, well, I’m sure you have a good friend you can be with. Who knows? Your friends can turn into the family you want to have. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you. I better get back to bed. From all of us here at Equestria Girls, we wish you all a happy holidays and to all a goodnight.”
Sunset Shimmer strolled off back to bed, leading to this story to, well, fade to black. The end.

Author's Note:

So, this is a product I made after watching a certain video about Sunset Shimmer on youtube. It mentioned that Sunset did have parents who might have given up on her. What actually got me was what some of the people said in the comments. One person wanted to agree with the theory about the rainbooms being Sunset Shimmer’s family. Others wanted to disagree. I was thinking about it and I thought that if more people spoke up about not being without a family to go home to, then someone would step up and help do something about it so this fic was born. Hasbro, if you’re watching this, please turn this into a 47 minute special or 80 minute movie because I think it’ll help a lot of people around the world. I hope you like this fic and have a safe and happy holiday.

Comments ( 3 )

Who is Alizarin Bubblegum?

10472530
Originally one of the Crystal Prep Shadowbolts. That's why she still be around their school from time to time

I know I might be off to a rocky start, but this one feels more relatable to real life. Therefore, you might have a better connection.

Login or register to comment