• Published 9th Oct 2020
  • 229 Views, 3 Comments

Holiday Blues - friend519



What happens to Canterlot High and Crystal Prep when the holidays return?

  • ...
 3
 229

Return of Old Friends and Fun Sleepovers

A little while later, the school received a half-hour break. That gave both Wallflower’s lunch pals and Sonata’s lunch mates some time to play in the snow. Sonata and Wallflower did some ice skating moves. Sandalwood and Captain Planet were building a snowman. The rest of the girls were playing in the snow.
“Hey” Sandalwood said. “Let’s get some music in here.”
Roseluck said “I got it.”
She turned on the rocking holiday favorite “Winter Wonderland”. Everyone got to sing along. When the song ended, some laughs were let loose.
Roseluck then said, “you know I can relate to the bullying Sunset had to put up with. When I first met Wallflower in the 5th grade, I saw her getting picked on by other students for her shoes. I tried to step in and help, but that ended up with me being the one picked on for the rose in my hair. It was an embarrassing moment I wish to erase from my memories.”
Wallflower commented “I can name a few things I want out of my memories.”
Derpy knew where she’s coming from.
She then said to the others “I can as well. For example, when I was 7 years old, I was first diagnosed with Autism. I was doing repetitive behaviors and keeping my comedy talents to myself. My mom and dad tried to help me explain it to my old classmates.”
The others wanted to know what happened.
“I got laughed at for it” Derpy said. “And that’s another thing; Those with Autism find it really hard to speak up about their feelings.”
Sandalwood asked if she had any sisters to talk to.
“I’m an only child” she answered. “Sometimes, I dream of having a sister, though.”
The others felt sorry for her.

Paisley then replied “hey, remember when we first met Princess Twilight? She can handle a bully no problem.”
After that flashback, the others agreed.
Then, a voice asked “what’s this about handling bullies?”
Captain Planet looked over and asked “Princess Twilight?”
Twilight looked up and said “yep. I’m back.”
Most of the others went over and hugged her.
“I can’t believe this” Raspberry said.
“Welcome back old friend” Sweet Leaf said. “You can not tell how much we missed you.”
Princess Twilight replied “I can tell. It is such an honor to be back.”
She was starting to shiver a little.
Blueberry Pie suggested “let’s get her inside.”
Everyone else agreed, so they got moving.

Inside, Sandalwood said “by the way, Twilight. This is Foggy Blue, Roseluck and Wallflower Blush. They joined our school while you were gone.”
Wallflower then said “welcome over. Sonata and I have a gift for you.”
They gave it to her. When Twilight opened it, she saw it was a new sweater. She tried it on.
“Holy Celestia! I love this sweater just as much as I love this festive hallway.”
Sonata then said “thanks Twilight.”
Paisley added “we do what we can. By the way, I see you have presents there.”
Twilight told them they’re for the rainbooms, but they can’t open them yet.
“Oh” Raspberry Fluff said.
“We understand.” Blueberry Pie then said, “you know. It’s actually good that you’re here. We’re getting worried about Sunset Shimmer.”
“What happened to her?” Twilight asked.
After they told her, Twilight said “oh my goodness. Poor Sunset. I didn’t know something that bad would happen to her. She must be devastated.”
“It’s worse than anyone can believe” Sonata said.
Twilight suggested “do you know where the other rainbooms are? I want to talk to them about it.”
They told her to check the music room.
“Thanks” she said before saying goodbye.
The others said goodbye to her back.
“So good to have her back” Sweet Leaf said.

In the music room, Twilight heard the other rainbooms- Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Pinkie Pie- finishing up a fun jam.
“I love jamming with you guys” Rainbow Dash said.
“Me too” Rarity replied.
“No friends I’d rather be with” Fluttershy said.
The girls heard a knock at the door.
“It’s opened” Pinkie called out.
Twilight walked in and said “hey girls. Happy Holidays.”
“I don’t believe it” Rarity said.
They came over and gave Twilight a welcome hug she was never going to forget.
“What are you doing here?” Applejack asked.
Twilight told them “Everyone back home said it was okay for me “to come spend the holidays with you.”
The others were overjoyed.
“Wait until Sunset Shimmer hears about this” Rarity said.
“Where is she anyway?”
“The mall” Twilight answered. “Wherever that location is”.
Rainbow then told the others “let’s go. I heard Bulk Biceps gave Applejack her old job making smoothies back.”
Just like that, the 6 of them bundled up and started making their way to the mall.

Outside, they saw a holiday party bus in front of the school. That bus was set up exclusively for them.
“Looks like our ride is ready” Twilight said.
“But I didn’t order it” Rarity commented.
“None of us did” Applejack replied.
After getting on, the driver closed the door. That person then asked “where are you girls off to?”
“Canterlot Mall please” Rarity said. “Wait a second. You wouldn’t happen to be that talk show host with his own karaoke show, James Corden, wouldn’t you?”
The driver, who happens to be James Corden said, “yep. The one and only.”
The others couldn’t believe it.
“Our families grew up with some of the songs you use on your Carpool Karaoke show” Fluttershy said.
“Well then,” James said. “What songs do you bring here then?”
“We’ll show you,” they said.
They started off with the holiday classic “Sleigh Ride”.
Afterwards, Fluttershy said “this next one’s one of our favorites.”
The girls got to jam out with James to their throwback hits “Shake Your Tail” and “Perfect Day for Fun”. It was a fun time.

Upon arriving at the mall, the girls thanked James for a fun ride.
“Anytime ladies” James said.
Inside, they saw Sunset at the mall. She still wasn’t in a downright upbeat mood. Well, at least until the other rainbooms came over and said hi.
“Hey girls” she said while hugging them. “Princess Twilight?”
“Yep” Twilight answered.
She then gave Twilight a hug to remember.
“At least you girls are willing to spend the holidays with me. I even made this for you girls. It ain’t much though.”
The others opened it. It was a picture of the 7 of them together.
“It’s so cool” Applejack said.
Sunset commented “thanks. I’m just glad I was able to do something to take my mind off my holiday blues.”
“What holiday blues?” Pinkie Pie asked.
Twilight told Sunset to just give a brief summary of what happened.

When she finished, even the other rainbooms were in heartbreaking disbelief.
“So that’s why you used to be so mean to us?” Applejack asked.
Sunset nodded. “I don’t even have a sibling to celebrate with.”
Rainbow commented “we’ll, you said it yourself. You still have friends who care about you.”
“I guess it’s better than having no one to spend it with” Sunset said before embracing her pals.
“Hey” Fluttershy said. “If you’re still feeling sad, we can head over to Pinkie’s house for a sleepover. It can even be the first of several.”
“Timeout” Twilight said. “What do you mean first of several?”
One by one, in the following order, they told their princess pal:
Sunset Shimmer: You see, every time the holidays come
Applejack: It becomes the perfect time for us to have consecutive sleepovers
Rarity: At all of our houses
Fluttershy: We can share some of the sillies secrets
Rainbow Dash: Or indulge in our favorite yummy treats
Pinkie Pie: And dance to some really fun music
Twilight thought everything they were talking about sounded fun.
She then said “then count me in.”
Sunset Shimmer replied “all right then. Sleepover #1 at Pinkie’s house is a go.” All 7 of them were pumped to get the fun started.

Later that evening, some students from both Canterlot High School and Crystal Prep Academy came together for different sleepovers. The first one was occuring at Raspberry Fluff’s house. With Raspberry Fluff was Derpy Hooves, Blueberry Pie, Sonata Dusk, Wallflower Blush, Roseluck and Foggy Blue.
“Thanks for letting us come over, Raspberry,” Wallflower said.
“Anything for a club member,” Raspberry said.
“I’m still trying to get over the fact that this is my first sleepover,” Sonata said.
“Sleepovers are way fun” Derpy said. “At least it will be for us when Blueberry shows up.”
Blueberry came in with a treasure chest.
“I’m here” she responded. “Raspberry’s dad had this chest of costumes from the 80's and 90's. Let’s see what’s inside.”
They opened the chest and tried on some fun costumes.
“I’m rocking this look,” Sonata said.
“Ooh lala,” Derpy said. “I’m like a TV actress.”
Foggy Blue suggested “let’s turn on some music and have our own fashion show.”
They were all up for it, so Foggy turned on “Wonderful Christmas Time” by Paul McCartney and “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper.
When both songs ended, Roseluck said, “I have my own camera. Let’s get a picture.”
The girls posed for a group selfie. They knew their picture would be a keeper. Raspberry’s dad came up.
“Hey guys” he said. “Hope you don’t plan on playing with that stuff too long. Your cheesesteaks are here.”
“We’ll be right down dad” Raspberry said.
They took the costumes off before going downstairs to eat.

Meanwhile, another sleepover was going down at Alizarin’s house. With her were Ginger Owlseye, Melon Mint, Crystal Lullaby, Frosty Orange, Indigo Zap and Yellow Meringue. This gang of 7 were making pizza together.
“Alright” Ginger said. “What toppings should we put on it?”
This is what suggestions they went for.
Yellow Meringue: Let’s add some sausages
Indigo Zap: I wanna put broccoli on top
Melon Mint: And blueberries
“It’s looking great guys” Crystal said. “Now to put it in the oven to bake.”
After closing the door to the oven, Yellow asked “what can we do while we wait for the pizza to bake?”
Alizarin then said “I know. I made gifts for Melon and Crystal. Let’s go open them.”
Up in Alizarin’s room, the others saw it was like Minnie Mouse’s room.
“What can I say?” Alizarin started commenting. “I love Minnie Mouse.”
She handed Melon and Ginger their gifts to open. Melon’s gift was a new sweater to go with her boots. Ginger’s gift was a High School Musical poster. Both girls thanked Alizarin.
“How did you know I would want something like this?” Ginger asked.
“Lemon Zest told me High School Musical was your favorite movie and that it was what got you into dancing,” Alizarin answered.
Frosty and Yellow both said “that’s our favorite too.”
Crystal hugged Yellow while saying “told ya you’d have fun.” She was having fun.

At the same time, the rainbooms were having their own sleepover. While Pinkie was on her computer, Fluttershy, Rarity and Sunset took a selfie together.
Rarity then said to Twilight “you know girl, it’s such an honor to have you back with us. We have more catching up to do than last time.”
Applejack started filling Twilight in. “For starters, some of our friends were blabbering over how much they miss you and Flash was one of them.”
“Flash Sentry was talking about me?” Twilight asked.
Rarity then suggested “I guess a little gossip from your home wouldn’t hurt.”
Twilight told them about her school of friendship.
“That’s so awesome” Sunset replied. “I should check it out one time soon.”
“You must” Twilight told her. “You would make a perfect substitute teacher. So, what’s new here besides these holiday blues?”
Rainbow then responded “yeah, so that isn’t the only crazy thing to happen while you were gone.”
After showing her clips of their new powers, Fluttershy said “and thanks to all you, look what I have enough courage to do.”
She then went on to sing her hit single “So Much More to Me”. The others were thrilled by Fluttershy’s performance. The doorbell then rang.
“Pizza’s here” Pinkie said.
They all raced downstairs to get it.

Later that night, Crystal saw Yellow Meringue in the living room.
“Yellow?” Crystal started responding. “You’re up late. Is everything okay?”
Yellow Meringue told her “not everything. I’m glad to be here with you. I’m well.”
Crystal asked if she was homesick.
“How’d you know?” Yellow asked.
“I’m a little homesick too” Crystal answered. “It was because of our parents we became friends in the first place. We used to have so much fun back in the western valley. I just wish I had something to remember our old valley home by besides you.”
Yellow suggested “here. You need this blanket more than I do. I can always get another one.”
Crystal thanked Yellow Meringue by hugging her. Both girls started feeling better.

Meanwhile, Wallflower saw Sonata in the kitchen.
“Sonata?” Wallflower asked. “What are you still doing up?”
“I’m getting worried about Sunset” Sonata answered.
“What if her blues don’t get better?”
Wallflower told her “that’s why we ain’t giving up on the mission. You think it’s always nice having everyone looking at you for answers to their problems?”
Sonata commented “It’s better than others waiting for you to cause a problem, but just because everyone expects you to do something, it doesn’t always mean it’s gonna happen.”
“But that won’t stop them from expecting it” Wallflower replied.
“You wanna know why it just makes things harder?” Sonata asked.
“Let me guess” Wallflower commented.
“Because letting everybody down is the last thing you ever wanna do” They both said together.
The 2 girls looked at each other with little smiles after realizing what they said. Were they turning into Sunset and Twilight? They decided to return to bed knowing that they’ll have each other to lean on throughout the rest of this mission.