• Published 9th Oct 2020
  • 228 Views, 3 Comments

Holiday Blues - friend519



What happens to Canterlot High and Crystal Prep when the holidays return?

  • ...
 3
 228

Back in the Blues Stopping Game

The next morning, every last student at Crystal Prep Academy was in clothes that were more casual than expected. Some of which included:
Orange Sherbet: Skirt, yellow dress, tank top, socks and boots
Lightning Blue: Light Blue jeans, navy blue t-shirt, indigo jacket, blue socks and navy blue nike sneakers
Jet Set: Polo T-shirt, belt, pants and sneakers
Upper Crust: White polo, bead necklace, brown pants, and heels
Crystal Lullaby: Magenta shirt, maroon jacket, magenta jeans, maroon ankle socks and magenta mary jane shoes
Clayton Potter: Orange crop top, marigold sweater, marigold shorts and orange boots
Melon Mint: Pink shirt, skirt, white and pink striped leggings, heels and bracelet
Peacock Plume: Purple shirt, jacket, navy black sweatpants, navy black leggins and purple strap-on sneakers

They were all at school finishing up their class project.
“You think they’re gonna like it?” Neon Lights asked.
“I think so,” Crystal said.
That was when Principal Cadence walked in.
“Greetings students” She said.
"Hey Principal Cadence," Rising Starr said to her. "Do you like what we made?"
“Is that the gift for Canterlot High?” Cadence asked.
“Yep” Yellow Meringue said. “It took work from all the students, but we’re just getting it wrapped up.”
Principal Cadence replied “Wonderful, and this’ll be a great chance to display it. Both schools heard about your little blues problem, so we figured to bring both schools together for the day.”
All the shadowbolts were excited. They knew their picture had to be better than first thought. It wasn’t until 10 o’ clock when they left for Canterlot High. While on the bus, some of the students were talking among each other about the gift they made for the Canterlot High kids.
“I can’t wait for the wondercolts to see our little surprise,” Celery Stalk said.
“Me neither” Alizarin replied. “Thanks for being there for me guys.”
“It’s what friends do,” Ginger said before hugging her.
Frosty asked the viewers if that’ll be a new ship if you know what I mean. What do you think?

A while later, all of Canterlot High were in the Cafeteria for lunch. Not only were the Crystal Prep Shadowbolts were with them, but the former movie wrecker- Juniper Montage- was there as well.
“So” Juniper started asking. “What’s the surprise?”
Neon answered “Well, Alizarin, Ginger and Frosty paid for the paint, Me and my pals paid for the paper, and the kids were painting all last week, and thanks to the magic of show biz, bring it in Shadowbolts!”
Their surprise was a poster of both schools together. None of the Wondercolts could believe it.
“Wait,” Crystal said. “There’s more.”
She then killed the lights before turning on the glow in the dark strobe lights.
“Vinyl” She started calling out. “Get some jams on!”
Vinyl Scratch turned on a Jackson 5 medley for everyone to sing and dance along to.
About 10 minutes later, Juniper commented “totally amazing. Hey Sandalwood, I heard what you and your friends have been putting up with. Why don’t you and your friends make a musical gift to cheer her up?”
Sandalwood thought about it for a moment before saying “not a bad idea.”
He then thanked Juniper before going back to his lunch like everyone else.

A short time after lunch, Sandalwood, Micro Chips and their guy pals were walking to the auditorium when they bumped into Twilight.
“Twilight?” Flash asked.
“Yeah” Twilight answered. “This bumping into each other thing is never gonna get old is it?”
Flash shook his head before saying “I’ve always wanted to reunite with you.”
Micro then told Flash “hey buddy, you and Twi are under a mistletoe. You know what that means.”
They saw the little plant.
“One little kiss couldn’t hurt” Twilight said to the viewers.
She then gave Flash a kiss to remember.
12 seconds later, Flash said “best holiday gift ever.”
Brawly Beats then told him “come on. We still have work to do.”
The boys then said goodbye to Twilight before walking off. Twilight couldn’t believe she kissed Flash. She tried not to let it get over her. In the auditorium, Sunset met the boys.
“What’s going on?” she asked.
Ringo answered “Sandalwood and Captain Planet told us about your holiday blues.”
Captain Planet added “so we thought this would cheer you up.”
The boys sang a parody of “Superhero” by Ross Lynch.
When the song ended, Sunset said “thanks boys. It means so much that you’ll forever be friends with me.”
Flash then commented “and we always will.”
The boys gave Sunset a hug that warmed her heart a lot more.

Outside, Twilight saw the other rainbooms standing in front of a limo.
“Hey girls,” Twilight said. “Isn’t that the same limo that brought us here the night of that crazy fall formal?”
“It is,” Rarity answered. “Hey, a note.”
The note said, "dear friends, my family volunteers at a limo company. I told them about how much we've done for our community, so they’re giving you a ride on the house. Consider this me and my family's holiday gift to you. Happy Holidays. Sincerely, Sci-twi Sparkle."
"That's so kind of her to give us a holiday gift big enough for all of us," Fluttershy said. "Wanna come?”
Twilight replied “that depends. Where are we going?”
Applejack answered “after Sunset Shimmer gave us that wonderful gift, we figured let’s get one for her.”
“Sweet” Twilight commented. “I already have an idea for one thing Sunset might like.”
The girls got in and rode off to the mall. On the way there, the driver let the girls sing their own covers of the holiday classics “Do You Hear What I Hear?” and “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”. They knew that they were having a good time.

At the mall, Wallflower, Sonata and their sleepover gang ran into the rainbooms. Juniper Montage was with them as well.
After saying hi to each other, Raspberry asked “Princess Twilight?”
Twilight answered “yep.”
Derpy, Raspberry, Blueberry Pie and Sonata hugged her.
Sonata then asked “you girls here to get Sunset a gift as well?”
They were.
Rainbow Dash then asked “you think one of us should get her a super villain tracker?”
She then looked at Juniper, Sonata and Wallflower while saying “no offense.”
“None taken” Juniper said. “You girls will get used to it. Come on so we can go get that gift.”
The girls said goodbye before strolling off. In one store, Wallflower and Sonata’s gang found the book they made themselves.
“Did you girls remember to put our signatures?” Sonata asked.
“We did,” Foggy Blue answered.
After paying for it, Roseluck told them “I have wrapping paper at my house we can use.”
Juniper thanked Roseluck.
“Anything for a teammate,” Roseluck said.
“Well, a friend at least.” She snorted a giggle, which made the others giggle as well.

Meanwhile, Twilight and the rainbooms found one gift they can give Sunset Shimmer.
“Here it is” Twilight said. “Some of our greatest hits on this CD.”
Some of the greatest hits on that CD included:
Shake Your Tail
Under Our Spell
Helping Twilight Win the Crown
Right There In Front of Me
Embrace the Magic
Dance Magic
Coinky Dink Work
Five to Nine
Let It Rain
“We’re gonna need some wrapping paper for this” Rainbow Dash said.
“I just remembered” Rarity started replying. “My family bought some this past weekend. We can have our 2nd sleepover at my house so we can get the gift ready.”
The other girls were so up for it. When the 2 groups finished shopping for their gifts, they ran into each other again.
”Okay” Raspberry said. “This has to be pure coincidence. None of planned on running into each other twice.”
The others agreed. None of them planned to do that.

They decided to take a break for some burgers and smoothies.
“No one can believe you made these Applejack” Juniper said.
“These are just as good as the ones back home” Twilight said.
“Thanks” Applejack replied. “I’m glad you love them.”
“Love what?” a mysterious voice said.
Sonata turned around and asked “are you Ms. AK Yearling?”
AK told them “yep. The one and only.”
Sonata then told the others “OMG! Look who’s here.”
The others got a big surprise.
Sonata then said “AK, I’m Sonata Dusk. This is Rainbow Dash, Juniper Montage and Derpy Hooves; am I going to fast?”
AK answered “I know who you guys are. Holiday blues again?”
“How’d you know?” Raspberry asked.
“This happens every year with at least one of my fans” AK answered, “but one little autograph and that person smiles once more. So, who should I make this one out to?”
“Definitely Sunset Shimmer” Twilight told her.
AK got to signing the autograph.