• Published 28th Aug 2020
  • 1,116 Views, 50 Comments

Imperfect Replica - Ocelot the Devil



Once upon a time, I was an lonely boy on planet Earth and now I'm in a world of ponies as a young girl called Xion... I hate my life.

  • ...
5
 50
 1,116

Operation – Book Rebellion!

Operation – Book Rebellion!

Spike gave a weary sigh. They had been searching the Everfree ever since the mysterious girl had fled. Unfortunately, nothing had been found and Twilight, in her usual tendency to panic, had been rambling about her being eaten by a manticore and other such gruesome fates.

“Twilight, you have to calm down. We didn’t find any blood or even a shred of her coat. She’s probably still alive,” He tried to comfort her.

“Spike! We don’t know that! Even if she is still alive, who knows where she is right now?” Twilight protested.

Said baby dragon pinched the bridge of his nose and tried once more. “Twilight, would you do me a favor and listen to yourself right now?”

Twilight stopped and wondered where exactly was he going with this. She wasn’t doing anything bad! All she wanted to do was find the girl! Was that so hard to ask!? Why couldn’t Spike understand that!? Sure, she might be rambling or going on a panicking spree but that wasn’t-

The alicorn froze as her pupils shrank. “Oh… I, uh, maybe went just a little bit overboard?” She told him.

Spike nodded as he shook his head affectionately, “So long as you snapped out of it this time. I’d hate to send Celestia another ‘Lesson Zero’ letter.”

“Yeah, that would’ve been bad,” Twilight chuckled weakly.

“And I’m worried as well… but come on, Twi. We’ve been at this for almost 9 hours now, searching for her in the Everfree and no results. She might not even be in the forest anymore. We just have to hope she’s alright for now,” Spike sighed.

“You think so?” Twilight asked.

Spike gave a shrug in response. “I hope so,” He replied as Twilight sighed.

“So… what can we do then?” Twilight wondered.

“We wait patiently until she appears and then we explain the situation to her. If we’re lucky, she’ll come and we can help her settle in.” Spike explained the plan.

Twilight thought it over and nodded. “Alright, I’m okay with it. But I don’t want to sit around all day waiting for the day when she appears.” She told him.

“And that’s FINE. But take it one step at a time, alright?” Spike asked.

Twilight nodded. “Yeah, I will. Sorry about my behavior.” She apologized.

Spike hugged her. “Hey, it’s okay. We’ll find her and then you can get all your questions answered.” He promised.

Twilight nodded and then felt her stomach growling. All that talk about the girl and the non-stop search for her really works up an appetite. “I feel like we should get something to eat.”

Spike grinned with a nod. “My thoughts exactly.”

As Spike and Twilight exited the castle in search of food, neither was aware of a black portal opening in the library. From the other-side came Xion who was satisfied that nobody was around. It meant that she could do her job without fear of being caught.

“Alright. Now I just need to get the books and then it’s back to my home.” Xion told herself and then began to look around.

Since she had no idea when the ponies would return, she quickly picked up some books without bothering to check what the title was. Then she summoned a black portal and went through it.

Once back in her cave, she sat down and picked up the first book. It’s title was ‘History and Achievements of Equestria’. She flipped the first page and started to get immersed.

Over the next three hours, she educated herself on the history of Equestria, it’s people, the lands, the various forms of magic but most importantly - the achievements of various pony folk like Starswirl the Bearded or the princesses themselves.

After she was finished, she picked up the next one whose title was ‘Elements of Harmony: Backstory and Purpose.’ Opening the book, she began to read it from the beginning until the end.

According to the book, there were six elements in total: one for Magic, one for Loyalty, one for Generosity, one for Kindness, one of Laughter and one for Honesty. When combined together, they release an incredible energy that is said to bring harmony and peace to Equestria. It was also said that when the being of darkness known as Nightmare Moon threatened to blanket the planet in eternal night, her sister Celestia had no choice but to banish her... to the moon of all places!

Xion couldn’t help but shiver at what she just read. These Elements of Harmony were no joke… heaven forbid it if she ran into Celestia or whoever was using them. She wasn’t sure if she could survive an onslaught like that.

The book took about an hour and a half to read but the results were worth it. As soon as she was done, she plopped the book next to the first one. Looking out to the entrance of the cave, she saw that it was already approaching night time.

She felt her stomach growling. Sitting up, she stretched her arms and left the cave to go and find some food. As she walked onward, she unknowingly felt a pair of eyes watching her - glowing eyes which were soon followed by numerous growls.

After a while, she arrived in a clearing and checked to see if there were any streams nearby or bushes filled with berries. What she didn’t sense was the incoming yellow-eyed creatures approaching her.

For a moment everything was quiet… until she sensed them and summoned the key-shaped weapon to block an incoming attack.

Her opponent turned out to be a wolf made out of wood but with glowing yellow eyes. Suddenly, he was joined by a couple more wooden wolves.

Xion became confused. “What… what are you…?”

The wolves growled at her which made Xion give off an annoyed sigh. “Here we go again…” She commented and prepared for a fight.

Author's Note:

Author's Notes: Sorry for the long wait but here is the next chapter! Apparently, the original planned chapter four had to be rewritten cause there were lots of errors and mistakes according to my beta reader. Luckily, the power of friendship was used to remake it into a better one.

Next chapter will be quite a doozy since Xion will see at first glance just how dangerous the darkness can be. Her opponents won't be just Timberwolves... oh, no! It will be much more. You'll see.

Happy reading and enjoy commenting!

Comments ( 19 )

What's the status in terms of cross-overs for this story?

10695131
Hmmm... let me think it over.

10695688
I'd understand if the answer is no summoning other displaced or if you're not readdy.

Comment posted by DisplacedWriter deleted Feb 25th, 2021
Comment posted by DisplacedWriter deleted Feb 25th, 2021
Comment posted by DisplacedWriter deleted Feb 25th, 2021
Comment posted by DisplacedWriter deleted Feb 25th, 2021
Comment posted by DisplacedWriter deleted Feb 25th, 2021
Comment posted by DisplacedWriter deleted Feb 25th, 2021
Comment posted by DisplacedWriter deleted Feb 25th, 2021
Comment posted by DisplacedWriter deleted Feb 25th, 2021
Comment posted by DisplacedWriter deleted Feb 25th, 2021

Ignore all of that! My stupid Enter key got stuck and sent that. x.X

10695700
Hmmm, might I ask what kind of displaced?

Me gustó la historia
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Can't wait for the next update.

This really caught my interest.

The Monk
“Her hands were still bound with rope, she debated an escape before all the stupidity gave her an aneurysm.” -Scarheart

Crossover anyone?

so update on the next chapter?

11245742
Soon... Very soon. I got it done but I need to put it.

Login or register to comment