• Published 6th Aug 2020
  • 267 Views, 12 Comments

My Sky, My Rule - Kitsune_Kenshi

  • ...
 12
 267

Chapter 4: The Sky Hunters

"Sky Hunters is our Air Force's convert unit, we exist to hone Air Force combat-readiness. We represent the Air Force elite. Those that were defeated by us gave us a name, Battlefield Grindstone." said the mysterious figure who had the sun glasses on. Yep, the same guy that checked Terramar and Scootaloo.

After the farewell ceremony, Terramar, Scootaloo, and many other elites were taken into a briefing room. After the explaining that figure spoke, they knew that they're enrolled to become a part of the Hippogriffian Air Force's most deadly unit; the Sky Hunters.

"Joining the Sky Hunters, requires a pay of price." the figure said in a serious tone, facing all the pilots, who stood straightened in a row. "Once you're in, your current position including all benefits, will be forfeit."

His words were not in a commanding tone, but it sent chills to all those who heard him, including both Terramar and Scootaloo.

"You'll be leaving your comfort zone," the figure continued, "taking the most dangerous missions and challenges..."

Terramar and Scootaloo exchanged glances.

"You'll only have each other," he said, "and the possibility of KIA."

The figure then glanced at the pilots, revealing his eagle-sharp gazes, "You can still change your minds, just turn around and leave."

"Smoke and mirrors." Terramar muttered.

SPACK!

The figure smacked the files against the table, grabbing everyone's attention. He then turned and faced the pilots once again. He scoffed.

"All of you," he said, "were handpicked by me from the Air Force's elite. I've brought you all together here, to undergo my personal stringent selection. Personally, I'm your biggest fan." he said while grinning, but that grin only lasted for a mili second before vanishing, "I love seeing the confident looks on your faces, your pride, and that you think you're all that."

He then changed to an extremely serious expression, words cold, "Now I look forward to see what you're made of, this might be my only pleasure I derive, in this wilderness.

He then took of his sun glasses, revealing a pair of thunder blue eagle eyes, "I'm the head of the Sky Hunters Special Brigade. My name is..." he shot deadly glances to the pilots, "Riptide."

(~)

After the short introduction ended, the pilots were divided into 4 groups in 4 military jeeps. They headed toward the desert of Somnambula. At least that's what they know before the driver stopped and covered the windows with a metal board, probably tryin to hide the exact location o their secret air base.

After an hour of driving, they finally arrived in front of an underground cave, once the jeeps were in, the giant metal entrance slammed shut behind them. As the went deeper into the base, more armed soldiers and vehicles appeared. Their faces were expressionless, a bit like Celestia's royal guards.

Once they passed the cave, the jeeps entered a opened air field.

On top of them, two J-11b flew overhead, sounds of after burns roared as they flew by.

Th jeeps stopped in a underground parking lot again after getting into another cave.

The pilots got off one by one, they glanced around the room curiously, no wonder this is a secret unit, there's barely any signs that says or instructs them to do anything. Next to the entrance was a expressionless hippogriff guard with a OBZ-95 automatic rifle.

"Look at this place," Terramar said to Scootaloo, "It's made to withstand world war three!"

Suddenly, the guard shouted, causing them to jump.

"It's 3 kilometers walk to the valley, you're now entering the top secret military facility! If you are not up to the task, go no further! Remember, this place does not exist!"

The pilots then walked into a checking section, everyone were expected to put their packs in for a check, also to walk between a metal detecter.

Terramar got into the line first, the hippogriff soldier greeted him and immediately got into topic.

"Your ID, sir." he said, holding a claw out.

Terramar give the soldier his military ID, the soldier got it and checked it.

"Hey, bud," Terramar suddenly asked, "That photo, can I keep it?"

The soldier shot him a look, he pulled out the picture. It's the picture that was taken at the party. A picture of him, Gallus, and most importantly, Scootaloo.

Then the soldier nodded. "Yes."

"You cannot take your wallet and phone in." the soldier said with a blank tone.

Terramar took out his wallet and phone, the soldier took it from him and put it in a sealed box, along with the others.

Terramar glanced net to him and saw a soldier packing up, he dropped a pocket with emergency needs. But he's pretty sure that the Air Force won't need such thing. Since they're up in the air, not on the ground.

"That, you may as well leave behind." he said to the hippogriff next to him, "For sure you won't be using it."

"This is assigned to me by my troop." the hippogriff explained to him as he held the little pocket.

"What troop are you in?" Terramar asked. "So considerable."

But the hippogriff just put it in his pocket, got his stuff, and left.

Scootaloo came in, "Field troops for emergency use," she said, "for water storing and sand-proofing." she said as she lifted her bag and placed it to the checking soldier.

"I know." Terramar smiled before leaving with his stuff. Scootaloo smiled back.

The solider got out the photo, which is the same one Terramar had before.

"You need this photo too?" he asked.

Scootaloo glanced at Terramar, who is passing the metal detecter, she slightly smiled.

(~)

At Riptide's office, the pilots were asked to introduce themselves.

"Helicopter pilot, Scootaloo." the pegasus said.

"Air Force sergeant Breeze." he's a hippogriff.

"Air Force Sergeant Soar. From the Thunder Commandos of the GSTF (Griffon Special Task Forces)" this young sergeant is a Griffon.

"Terramar, winner of both Gold Wing, Silver Wing, and Golden Dart."

Unnoticed by him, Riptide slightly surprised by his files and document history.

"Hippogriffian Degree in Data Security and Automation." Soar said.

"Good with guns, combat, and explosives." Breeze said. Riptide nodded.

"Unfamiliar terrains and complex weather are no problem." Scootaloo said. Riptide flipped through her files, nodded.

"Sky Hunters needs a tech-savvy and multitalented griff like myself." Soar said.

"I'm confident on passing the test. And be a Sky Hunter." Breeze said with a confident tone.

"I've come here, to become the best pilot I can be." Scootaloo said.

"I can handle all kinds of weather," Terramar said, "proficient with 3 types of jets, I've been awarded..."

But Riptide seemed to be more interested on the mission two days ago, the mission when he and Gallus fought two fighter jets without open fire.

"You pulled off an explosion mission out at the Hippogriffian Sea a few days ago, am I correct?" he asked.

Terramar grinned, "As far as I concerned, that was a piece of cake. Not even worth saying. After all, at the time---"

"Alright." Riptide cut him off.

Terramar let out sigh, "Even though I don't know what I'm doing here, I just want to say, very second spend on the ground I considered a waste of my time. Tell me, when can I get in a plane?"

Riptide let out a evil smirk, "Right now."

(~)

On a carrier plane, Terramar was in a airborne suit, with parachute on his back. His wings were locked behind the bag, unable to sue them. That goes for everyone else. While Terramar is preparing for the jump, everyone else is talking. Riptide got irritated by this and decided to use Terramae as a tool...

Behind them, the hatch opened. Terramar had a confident smile.

"I've got this." he said.

He then saw Riptide with an unfriendly smirk on his face. He let out a nervous laugh.

"Hey hey, I can do this myself, I can----"

Refore Terramar could finish, Riptide gave him a light kick on his butt, the poor hippogriff fell out of the plane.

"RIIIIIIPTIDDDEEEE!!!" he screamed as he fell. Riptide doesn't care about that at all. "F**k!!!"

"Who's next?" he asked. Still had his unfriendly smirk. The pilots exchanged nervous glances and shut up.

"That's what I thought."

Comments ( 4 )

awesome chapter keep it up cant wait for next chapter:twilightsmile::pinkiehappy:

10373169
Not to be confused by Sky Fighters

10378082
No, Sky Hunter is a Chinese movie and the sky fighters are the French. Don't get messed up

What's so bad about this?

Just asking for improvements

Login or register to comment