• Published 31st Aug 2020
  • 947 Views, 4 Comments

Sunset's Love Life - In Loving Twilight - Lil Sunny



Sunset and Twilight are ready to embrace their future together.

  • ...
0
 4
 947

A Birthday to Remember

The next morning Sunset awoke to find she was in bed on her own with no recollection of how she got there. As she woke up the door opened to reveal Twilight with a tray containing two plates of pancakes and a single red rose.

“Good morning sleepyhead. I put you to bed when I came home last night, you were passed out on the couch with a movie on. I brought you breakfast in bed.”

“Thanks Twi, but you didn’t have to do that for me. What’s the occasion?”

“Really Sunny? It’s your birthday!”

Sunset took a moment to properly wake up and suddenly realised that yes, it was in fact her birthday.

“Oh, wow. Thanks honey. These smell good. Where’d you get em?”

“That’s not something you need to know right now Sunny, just enjoy them. Oh and the girls want you round at Sweet Snacks later. Pinkie probably has something planned.”

“I just hope she doesn’t go overboard for my sake. I don’t need much celebration.”

After devouring the pancakes Sunset got up, showered and dressed for the day with Twilight smiling all the while. Later around early afternoon the pair made their way to Sweet Snacks Cafe, the place was in darkness but the doors were conspicuously open. They entered and the lights turned on to reveal a party.

“Surprise! Happy Birthday Sunset!” Spoke a group of voices.

Pinkie had roped her colleague Sunny into helping set up Sunset’s party while all her other friends were there too. Along with a large orange cake decorated with yellow and red icing and her cutie mark on the very top.

“Wow, thanks girls. You didn’t have to go through all this trouble just for me.”

“Think nothing of it dear, we’re more than happy to pitch in and help you celebrate your birthday. You’d do the same for us.” Rarity said.

“Yup. We got this place for a couple of hours Shimmy so let’s get this party started!” Screamed Pinkie.

The old style jukebox played some party tunes as everyone chatted among themselves, danced and enjoyed some party food. Everyone had a slice of the cake which Pinkie had baked specially.

“Man, this is delicious Pinkie, thanks so much.”

Eventually Sunny queued up a slow song on the jukebox and once it played, the 4 couples present took hand in hand and danced.

Rarity pulled Applejack well through the dance although Applejack’s lack of grace did lead to a few mishaps. Pinkie and Vinyl danced well though it was easy to tell this wasn’t their style. Fluttershy just about managed to help Rainbow Dash to slow down and dance nicely though Dash wasn’t enjoying it. Finally it was the turn of the birthday girl.

Twilight held out her hand and Sunset gladly took it, the pair waltzing gracefully as if dancing was all too natural for them. They danced without a care in the world and once the song finished they were greeted by clapping and whistling. The pair blushed as Sunset pulled her lover in for a deep kiss.

Twilight slipped out of her embrace after a moment of passion and approached Rarity.

“Hey, you think you could distract Sunset for like an hour? I want to prepare something at home for her.”

“Of course darling. We’ll take her shopping. I’ll make sure she tries on all kinds of things so she won’t be home too soon.”

Applejack looked terrified. “Hold up Rares, shopping? Nuh uh, no way. I know how you get when we go shopping.”

“Feel free to return home dear, I can take her out by myself. But I’d very much appreciate my apple angel being with me. Please?”

Applejack rolled her eyes. “Alright fine, but remember. This is for Sunset, not you.”

The pair cornered Sunset and soon left with her heading for the mall while Twilight returned home.

The first thing Twilight did was prepare the ingredients just as she had done a few days prior at Pinkie’s home. She assembled her vegetables, pasta and sauce into a dish and placed it in the oven to bake. Meanwhile she relaxed for a short while. Just before it was finished she sprinkled cheese on top and put it back in to finish cooking. She poured two glasses of a red wine her mother gave her for a special occasion and finished setting the table. A single rose in a vase along with candle light completed the set for her surprise.

Sunset chose that moment to come in. “Wow. A candlelit dinner, just for me? You’re too good to me Twi. And what’s that delicious smell?”

“Remember this morning when you asked where I got the pancakes? I didn’t get them anywhere, I made them myself. Just like how I made a delicious meal for us.”

She removed it from the oven and plated up as Sunset took her coat off and sat at the small table.

“You learned to cook? Just for me?”

“You need to eat more than frozen dinners and takeout Sunset. I thought if I learned to cook I could make delicious and healthy dinners every night.”

Sunset’s mouth was watering. One bite and she was in heaven.

“Holy wow, this is incredible. This is better than a restaurant. Where was this talent hiding?”

Twilight smiled and enjoyed her own plate of food too.

“There’s still some cake in the fridge if you want dessert.”

Sunset polished off her plate. “Actually I’d like some more of that please.”

Twilight smiled again, plating Sunset another helping of Pasta. After 2 more servings, Twilight herself had one extra. The dish was empty and Sunset was stuffed.

“Man. I couldn’t eat another bite. I’m gonna pay for being greedy in the morning but that was just too good. Damn.”

“Glad you liked it Sunny. There’s plenty more where that came from, I’ll be cooking us good food from now on. And I’m not done with presents yet. Here’s one more thing for you.”
She gave Sunset a wrapped box.

“Sparkles you are too good to me.” Sunset opened the box and pulled out the plush pony. She looked at it with wide eyes for a moment before beginning to cry.

“This is. You. But in pony form. I’ve been missing my old home a bit lately, how did you know?”

“Truthfully I didn’t know what to get you so I used your book to talk to Princess Twilight. She brought that plush pony with her for me to give you and it was her that told me you were homesick. You know if you have any problems you can come to me, right Sunny? You don’t have to pretend everything is OK. I’m your girlfriend and I’ll always be here.”

Sunset threw her arms around Twilight and hugged her tight, crying into her shoulder. They were tears of joy, not sadness.

“Thank you for the best birthday ever Twilight. I love you so much. I’ll treasure this pony forever.”

“Princess Twilight said we can come visit any time you know. The portal isn’t closing any time soon.”

“Maybe someday, right now I just want to chill.”

The pair changed into pyjamas and relaxed for a while watching some cartoons before heading to bed. Sunset gave Twilight her best Sultry look.

“So, Twilight. Got any Ideas how to finish this night perfectly?”

“Sunset, I don’t think I’m ready to go that far just yet. But I’ll certainly do this.”

Twilight kissed her deeply, Sunset melted into the kiss and they made out passionately for a short while. Eventually they broke apart and smiled one more time before Twilight cuddled into Sunset’s neck and the pair were ready for sleep.

“Goodnight Twilight, thank you for the best birthday ever.”

“Goodnight Sunset. Thank you for being the best girlfriend I could ask for.”

This chapter was finished, but they knew their story still had a long way before its happy ending.

Comments ( 4 )

Will there be a 3rd sequel ? (I'm just curious also Great Story I enjoyed both parts)

10466942
In the works. I plan to keep this series going for a good while. Although i will say the third story is the planned stop point for now.

10468515
thats okay I wont pressure I was just curious since the ending hint it out I just want to make sure also can't wait for the third sequel

10468515
Hope to see that eventually

Login or register to comment