• Published 28th Jun 2020
  • 3,442 Views, 62 Comments

A Rifting Rebirth - Undead Night Fury



On my way back from the movies, I was mugged. Like the idiot I was, I chased him down and ended up getting shot. I woke up... but I shouldn’t have.

  • ...
8
 62
 3,442

NightTalon - Meeting the Princesses Part 1(OLD)

Author's Note:

YES I AM BACK! this chapter is unbetaed due to the beta readers being busy and unable to beta it any time soon, I will update once its been beta read...
===---+---===
Walking the Realms Discord: https://discord.gg/7wvTtmK
My Discord: https://discord.gg/sRvHD3k

As I stepped onto the train ponies started to panic not used to seeing me, Onyx Armor and Wild Strikes were quick to reassure the panicking ponies that I am safe. Deciding to sit as far away from the ponies as possible I walked to the far back and sat down, Onyx Armor and Wild Strikes sat in the opposite seat seeing as I took up the entire bench on my side.

The train begins its journey to the capital I stared out of the window watching the beautiful scenery that one wouldn’t find on earth anymore. After several hours of watching the scenery pass by we finally arrived in the capital of Equestria, canterlot. Getting off the train to more of ponies terrified screams was unpleasant to say the least, thankfully Onyx Armor and Wild Strikes were once again quick to calm the ponies down before we made our way through the busy streets of canterlot towards the palace.

Walking through the busy streets I took in the sights, soon enough we entered the palace courtyard. As we entered the courtyard, I received stares of terror and panicked nobles, it took nearly half an hour for the guards to restore order while I laid down to remain non-threatening.

“Are we good?” I asked as Wild Strikes approached me again.

“I think so, come on we need to get you inside before they start panicking again!” He replied as he ushered me quickly inside the palace.

Looking around the palace and seeing all the heroes of the past, as we approached the doors to the throne room, I began to get a little nervous as I would be meeting Princess Celestia before my meeting with Princess Luna later tonight. Upon going through the door, I saw Princess Celestia, wings out looking majestic on her throne looking down at me. Walking up to the princess I knelt my right foreleg in a bow.

“Rise, my little creature.” She said with a slight frown, standing up I glanced up at the princess.

“I have arrived at the request of Princess Luna.” I replied keeping a passive stance, she looks at the guards who were assigned to me.

“You may take a break at the barracks my little ponies.” She said calmly, “I will send for you when your charge is ready to leave.”

My guards bowed and turned to leave, Onyx Armor gave me a small wink as he past by and left the room.

“My faithful student, Twilight has sent her reports concerning you.” She got up and walked off the throne and into a room off to the side of the room, “Your name is Night Talon, correct?”

“Yes, your highness.” I replied following her into the room.

“None of that my little creature, you aided twilight in saving my sister and for that you have earned my eternal thanks.” She said looking down at me slightly, “You may call me Celestia or if you must be formal Princess.”

“Er, ok P-princess.” I Sutter slightly causing Celestia to frown slightly, “Sorry Princess this is my first time meeting royalty.”

“Be at peace young Night Talon, your willingness to aid my student in saving my sister has proven you are peaceful.” She calmed me down a bit.

After several hours of conversation, it was soon time for the sun to set, I followed her out onto a balcony and stopped short at the sight of a small Luna with her flowing starry mane. Celestia walked forwards to stand beside Luna, both spread their wings with their horns glowed. Stunned at what I was witnessing as the sun rapidly set below the hills before the moon rose a moment later.

Afterwards I followed Princess Luna into a meeting room she had set aside for this.

“Tis good eve friend Night Talon.” She said in her olden language.

“Yes, it is, Princess Luna.” I replied more at ease with the lunar princess then with Celestia.

“Come let us speak about this, Locostral.” She commanded as she sat down, following her example I sat on a chair.

After about an hour I had explained what I knew of Plainswalkers and Shadows, she had wanted to see Locostral. So, I got out my golden key and opened the rift portal to locostral.

“Now before we enter make sure to stay next to me or you could be lost forever or even killed!” I explained to the shocked lunar princess, who nodded after a moment.

After affirming that she understood we entered the portal and following the path, soon we surfaced in the rift pool. Looking over ensuring the lunar princess surfaced with me I swam over to the edge while she flew over to the edge. Climbing out of the rift pool I began leading her through the vast city towards the mountains at the edge of the city.

We finally reached the base of the mountain, hitting the hidden trigger with my tail, opening the door to the Saurian Sauna.

“Welcome to my home, Princess.” I said gesturing to the entrance hall.

Leading the lunar princess into the living room where Lydia and Spada were talking about events happening in their realms. After a moment they noticed us and stopped their conversation.

“Hey Talon, who’s this?” Lydia gesturing to Luna.

“Hey Lydia, this is Princess Luna, yes the actual Princess Luna.” I replied to her shock, getting up off the sofa.

“Welcome, Princess Luna of Equestria to the Saurian Sauna home of the Carnivorous Crusaders Clan.” She bowed her head in respect.

“Rise kind creature, you are not one of our ponies nor are thee a citizen of Equestria.” Princess Luna replied in her formal tone, “We thankth thee for thou kind welcome to thy home.”

“Wow you don’t need to be so formal princess.” Spada spoke up still on the sofa.

“She hasn’t had time to adapt to the modern era yet Spada, its only been several months since her return to Equestria, she hasn’t had a chance adapt to the language changes of the last thousand years.” I calmly explained to Spada.

“Wow really?” He said surprised, “I should really watch the show.”

“What is this, show you speakth of?” She replied, I winced at that as I had totally forgotten to inform her of this.

“Buck! I totally forgot to tell you Princess Luna, each realm is a work of fiction on earth, Equestria takes on the form of the My Little Pony cartoon.” I tried to explain before getting an idea that might backfire, “One moment, Princess.”

Walking over to the smart TV set in the room, linking my omni tool to the TV and pulling up My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Part 1 onto the screen I gestured for Luna to have a seat. A moment later I sat down on the couch on the left side of the lunar princess and hit play, carefully watching the lunar princess with my right eye as the opening began with the legend of nightmare moon story.

For her part Princess Luna tried to keep a natural face but it quickly fell apart and she looked away in shame as the scene played out and transitioned into Twilight speaking. About an hour later we had finished part 2 of Friendship is Magic, Princess Luna had stopped watching after Nightmare Moon had arrived.

“Tis not what happened.” She said so quietly that had it not been for my enhanced hearing I would have certainly missed it.

“I know Princess, I suspect it was a shadow somehow getting involved.” I explained calmly.

“Thou thinkth a vile fiend hath invaded our realm?!” The Lunar Princess said shocked at such a possibility.

“Yes, when things derailed during… er… your return to Equestria it was brought up that it might be possible that a shadow is in Equestria.” I explained trying to think of a way to calm the princess down.

“I think its time for bed.” Lydia said getting up from her place, she bowed her head again, “Goodnight, Princess Luna.”

She turned and walked away, signaling that it was time for us to return to Equestria so Luna can preform her nightly duties. Making our way to the rift pool and after quickly reminding Luna to stay close to me, we entered the rift pool and quickly made our way to out into the meeting room. As the rift portal closed behind me, I let out a yawn that displayed my teeth before snapping my muzzle shut.

“Our sister hath ordered a room prepared for thou stay, friend Night Talon.” Princess Luna informed me turning to the door, “Guards please escort fair Night Talon to thy room.”

Thanking the lunar princess I turned and followed the guards to my guest room for the night and quickly got into bed, falling asleep soon afterwards.

Comments ( 25 )

10952404
The riftverse i have read it

Just that

10952564
Yup and if i dont have the english like my mother language

10953902
nice I hope you enjoyed the story so far! :twilightsmile:

10954415

Oh... well don't that just suck absolute butt. In the off chance that someone does make a story about him, Would You Kindly provide a link to it? And before you ask, yes, that was a Bioshock reference.

Thank you for your time, please have a wonderful day.

10954718
yea I will let you know, though I highly recommend joining the riftverse discord server if your looking for such things...

10955206

I'm not a very big fan of social media crap. Way too many accounts to keep track of, and I only have Facebook so I can get some bonuses in Mobile games. Thanks anyway.

11271290
I am slowly working on the first chapter of the rewrite, irl issues have prevented me from posting it however!

A Plainswalkers fic? Never thought I'd see one of those on here... Trial By Lightning fan I'm guessing?

Comment posted by Undead Night Fury deleted Jun 28th, 2022

Are you planning on re-writing this? I'm guessing with the "Old" in the title you are. If so I may wait till you start, to start reading

11292918
yes I am rewriting this the first chapter of said rewrite is up!

11350503
Are you, by chance, having the same problem as me? Which is, finding yourself putting it off to write later. Because, that's the reason I haven't posted a chapter in a long time.

11356204
I have some mental health issues that prevent me from being in the right mindset to write a lot of the time.

11356295
Yikes, hopefully they aren't too bad.

11356609
I wish they weren't but unfortunately for me, it tends to be fairly serious tho that is simply me...

11450244
working on it... slowly... ever so slowly... I need to get my head in the correct mindset which isn't easy... :twilightsmile:

is this story is alive or death ?

11816475
its kinda in between as I am not in a good place mentally and am kinda unmotivated to write however I DO plan to finish it even if it kills me...

11818700
oh i see , take you time

Login or register to comment