• Published 28th Jun 2020
  • 3,441 Views, 62 Comments

A Rifting Rebirth - Undead Night Fury



On my way back from the movies, I was mugged. Like the idiot I was, I chased him down and ended up getting shot. I woke up... but I shouldn’t have.

  • ...
8
 62
 3,441

NightTalon - Griffon the Brush Off(OLD)

Laying on one of the couches I was getting comfy in the common area of the Saurian Sauna and watching season 1 of My Little Pony on my omni-tool. Having just gotten back from one of the weekly meetings, I looked up when Lydia walked into the living room with something in her paw.

“Hey, Talon, want to watch How to Train Your Dragon?” she asked.

“Sure, I have some free time before I am due back in Equestria.” I said, shrugging and turning off my omni-tool, while Lydia set up a holo-projector.

While Lydia setup the movie, I curled up and got comfy. The movie started, showing the DreamWorks logo flashing toothless across the sky.

“Say, is there a Night Fury Plainswalker?” I ask, turning to Lydia.

“I believe I saw one with Luna a few weeks before your arrival.” Lydia said.

“Huh. Ok then.” I replied before I turned and continued watching the movie which had just started now.

As the movie progressed, I winced when Hiccup shot down Toothless and rubbed my chest uncomfortably when Hiccup told Toothless ‘he was going to cut out his heart and take it to his father’, which Lydia seemed to notice as she glanced over at me in concern but didn’t comment; before we knew it, we were at the battle of the red death and the movie was ending.

“Well, I should probably get back to Equestria now. Bye, Lydia!” I said as I got up and started to walk out.

“Ok. Bye, Talon!” she replied.

After quickly making my way to the riftpools, I rifted back to Equestria, getting back just in time for a griffin to roar in Fluttershy’s face. Enraged by the brutal act, I marched up to the griffin and let loose the most vicious and loud roar I could, deafening everypony around me. Shaking with anger, I started approaching the idiotic griffin, panting with fury before my guards tackled me to the ground to prevent me from attacking the stupid griffin.

“Talon, don’t! The griffin isn’t worth it!” Onyx Amor yelled in my face, attempting, and somehow succeeding, to calm me down.

The other guard, Wild Strikes, got off me and walked up to the still-stunned griffin, giving her a dressing down for yelling at a pony. After Onyx Armor got off me, I went over to check on Fluttershy.

“Are you ok, Fluttershy?” I asked softly to the kind pegasus.

“Oh, um… yes.” She replied softly, still shaking and hiding behind her mane.

“I’m sorry if I scared you, Fluttershy.” I apologized to the kind pegasus, “I just saw that griffin roaring in your face and saw red; I gave into my instincts. I fear I would have attacked her if Onyx Armor and Wild Strikes didn’t prevent me from doing so.”

“It’s… it’s okay, Talon, you were only protecting me.” She replied, forgiving me.

===---+---===

Shaking my head and turned to walk off not totally sure if I should accept that just yet. Rifting back to locostral I walked to one of the hunting areas to work off my built-up rage.

After a few hours I had finally calmed down enough to go back, I headed back home to my room where I climbed into bed and fell asleep. Waking up in my clan room was a nice change of pace, stretching my limbs and tail I went through my morning routine before going to breakfast.

On my way to the kitchens I ran into Luna.

“Luna, how are you today?” I asked

“Talon, I didn’t know you were here!” she said, “Captain Janeway gave me a week off after me and Neelix had our organs stolen by the Vidiians.”

“Wait isn’t that fairly early on in the series?” I asked tilting my head

“Yes, it’s the 5th episode of the first season, I arrived several months before the start of the show, in the delta quadrant at that. I got lucky enough to be on the Ocampa homeworld when Voyager arrived, so I’ve been on board since the beginning. I didn’t know you watched star trek, Talon?” she explained

“Yea, I watched it with some old buddies of mine… before… you know.” I explain sadly remembering that I will never be able to see my old friends again.

We walked the remaining distance to the kitchen I opened the fridge and noticed puddings in containers with everyone’s names on them, as I got a lump of meat an idea sparked. Putting my breakfast onto a plate I went to sit down and began to eat.

“Who made the pudding?” I asked Luna who was just sitting down with some cereal.

“Spada did.” She replied

“Really?” I said surprised, “He didn’t seem like the type.”

“I know it surprised us when he joined but he is really good at cooking.” She replied

We finished eating, cleaned up our dishes and Luna went to go hang out with a friend, giving me time to go through with my idea. After making sure Luna was gone, I went to the fridge and took out her pudding and a bottle of ketchup. Placing the container on the counter I grabbed one of the extra containers out of the cupboard and filled it with ketchup, then I put just enough of the pudding into it to make it the right color and placed Lunas name on it before placing it into the fridge.

Smirking evilly as I walked out of the kitchen eating the remaining pudding on the way out the door.

===---+---===

It was raining and I was outside in a field laying on the ground enjoying the rain on my scales. It was a few days after I pulled my prank on Luna and I can’t wait to see what happened when I go to see her next.

There was a meeting the day after tomorrow, so I am going to rift to Locostral later tomorrow and spend the night there. After a few more hours the rain lifted it was time to go to bed, making my way back to Fluttershys cottage I curled up in my corner and fell asleep.

===---+---===

It was a rainy night with a full moon looming over a huge mansion, I was walking the walls hunting my prey through the hallways frustrated at having failed to catch them again.

After 20 minutes of chasing my prey I finally had them cornered on the glass roof, I was carefully climbing up to chase after the yellow coated pegasus. My muzzle salivated at the thought of ripping her open and feasting, just as I lunged at the pegasus that annoying blue raptor tackled me through the glass, and we fell.

My eyes widened in fear as the deadly horns of the triceratops skull was rapidly growing closer, just as the horns were about to pierce my hide someone shouted ENOUGH and the horns were gone, as was the blue raptor.

Confused, I shook my head clearing my thoughts and was horrified to realize what I was about to do, when Princess Luna appeared before me.

“Princess Luna?!” I asked confused tilting my head to the side slightly

“Night Talon is that thou?” Princess Luna asked shocked

It took me a moment to realize this was a nightmare and not real.

“It… it was a nightmare…” I let out a sigh of relief

Over the next few hours, I explained to Princess Luna about the movie, about what I used to be, about dying and being reborn as a Indoraptor, about Locostral and the Plainswalkers.

“Thou hast given us much to think about, when tis morn arrives come meet us at our palace in canterlot” she commanded me

“Yes Princess” I replied.

Afterwards Princess Luna left leaving me in a dreamless sleep for the remainder of the night.

===---+---===

The sun rose shining directly onto my muzzle waking me up, opening my eyes my pupils narrowed into slits letting out a groan I lifted my head and started to get ready for the day.

Grabbing my saddlebags, I started making my way to the library to let Twilight know I was going to Canterlot, Onyx Armor and Wild Strikes trotting behind me.

“Where are you going, Talon?” Onyx Armor asked

“Princess Luna visited me in my dream last night and asked me to come to Canterlot.” I replied and I explained my dream leaving out the details about me being a Plainswalker and Locostral or that I used to be a human.

We arrived at the library tree and I enter to let Twilight know where I am going and why before making my way to the train station to buy a ticket to Canterlot with some bits I earned helping ponies out.

Author's Note:

I am so so sorry this took so long to get done! first I had mental health issues then just as I was getting into a good state of mind to write I became very sick, enough so that I had to get tested for covid-19 (it was negative thankfully), then I had more mental health issues as well as a toe infection before finally I was able to get the damn thing out and for the last few weeks was waiting on the beta readers to get through it... it's actually been ready for the last few days due to the last beta reader being too busy to beta read... I've just forgotten to post it... again im so so sorry, please forgive me! :twilightoops:

===---+---===

Updated: 7/12/2021 9:02 PM EST - Revised chapter!