• Published 28th May 2020
  • 2,256 Views, 114 Comments

Beyblade: Metal Masters - New Harmony - Mkchief34



Equestria's Representative Team New Harmony, consisting of Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Shining Armor, and Fluttershy, enter the Beyblade World Championships alongside Team Gan-Gan Galaxy.

  • ...
1
 114
 2,256

Chapter 6 - The Warmup

Gingka didn't know how much time had passed as he walked through the streets on his own, heading straight towards the waterfront. Clutching Galaxy Pegasus in his hand, he looked down at his Bey with a sigh of frustration. Kyoya's final words to him after his match against Tsubasa had startled and unnerved him. Despite all that had happened since…Gingka still felt strange on the inside.

Taking a seat on a familiar stretch of grass, he placed Pegasus on the ground next to him. Even now, he could feel unbridled power coming off of the Bey, almost begging to be released in battle.

"What is going on with you, Pegasus?" Gingka whispered. "I've done everything I can to try and bond with you…but…I don't know where I went wrong!"

"That's because you're thinking about it in the wrong way, Gingka."

Gingka sat up in a startled manner, and saw an older Blader approach, wearing a blue and yellow leather jacket with a flame print, dark red jeans, and leather gloves. As he sat down, Gingka looked over at him with an expression of intrigue and curiosity.

"What do you mean, in the wrong way?" he asked, unsure what the older Blader was talking about.

"I used to think the exact same way you are now," the Blader nodded. "Then I realized that you can't force a Bey to bond with you. Pegasus is crying, Gingka. It also wants to bond with you. but you're holding it back from battle, and not letting it release all that power. A Bey can teach its Blader, just like a student letting the master learn something new."

Gingka was silent as the other Blader continued to speak.

"I know you're excited at having your partner back, but you can't expect it to be the same as Storm Pegasus right off the bat. You need to keep learning, and keep trying to understand Pegasus, rather than trying to master it and going nowhere. I know this because you taught me that."

"I did?" Gingka sounded quite surprised. "Have we met before?"

"Not really." his new companion replied. "I have watched all of your battles, and I learned from them. It took quite some time to really bond with Pegasus and draw out the power of bond enough to defeat Ryuga in Battle Bladers.That was you and Pegasus, Gingka, both of you."

Gingka went slack, realizing what the Blader was saying.

"If you trust Pegasus as your partner, then let your Bey trust in you as well." The Blader finished, standing up and dusting some grass off of his jeans. "Remember that, will you?"

"Yeah, count on it!" Gingka said, feeling much like his old self again. "What's your name?"

The Blader smirked before replying, "Zyro Kurogane."

"Well, Zyro, I hope we meet again!" Gingka replied, before he tried to suppress a yawn. "I guess I should head on back and get some rest."

"Yeah, me too." Zyro said. "If you need anything, if you find us, we'll help you out, no sweat."

As the two Bladers went their separate ways, Zyro turned to his left and saw the rest of his team watching from a distance. Judging from their expressions, they weren't happy or upset with him."

"I thought we were trying to keep a low profile until the right time." Shinobu admonished Zyro, who gave an embarrassed shrug in response. "Though…I think that it should be fine since you didn't show him Samurai Ifrit."

"That is true." Sakyo nodded as the five of them headed back to their hotel. "At least there's no other Bladers with Synchrome Beys in this time."

Zyro came to a sudden halt, causing his friends to glance at him in surprise. After a few seconds, it clicked.

"Don't tell me…just don't tell me…" Kira sighed. "That there's more Bladers from the future here at this time?"

"Yeah…long story." Zyro replied. "Look, I'll tell you guys when we get back to the hotel. I only met him a day or so ago. His name's Jason Pryce, and his Bey is called Strider Zinogre."

"Strider Zinogre?" Maru asked, pulling up her laptop and beginning to search through her files. "Huh, there's no record of a Synchrome Bey called that in either the WBBA or DNA's records. it must be a brand new one."

"It was, seeing as I didn't recognize any of the parts it used." Zyro added. "It was a Balance-type, that was perfectly clear to me.'

"Well, hopefully we can catch up with Jason in the future." Kira nodded. "Come on, let's get moving. I reckon it's not long before the sunrise, and we've got a busy day tomorrow."

====

As the members of Team New Harmony roused themselves to the morning sunlight, Shining gave off a yawn, looking over at the other side of his bed with a forlorn expression.

"What's wrong, Shining Armor?" Rainbow Dash asked. "You look like you just lost your best friend."

"It's not that." Shining replied. "I just miss being able to wake up next to my wife. I've taken trips abroad before when I was the Guard Captain, but…this is a little different since we're in a different world entirely."

"Ah…" Applejack nodded. "Well, hopefully we can find some way to talk to our folks back home sometime soon. Not to mention it's almost time for breakfast, and after that, the match between Yu and Tsubasa."

"That's right!" Twilight chimed in. "Let's get moving, then. I'd hate to be late to such an important event."

After the others agreed and quickly got changed into their normal clothes, they approached a private room with a breakfast buffet already set up for them. Thankfully, the WBBA had prepared a vegetarian meal set for them while they were on Earth, knowing that the Equestrians didn't eat meat. It had initially been a supply problem but luckily, the WBBA's connections allowed for a well-liked caterer to come up with the whole ensemble on short notice.

As the Equestrians quickly dove in, Hikaru poked her head into the room.

"Excuse me, but the C-Block bracket has been finalized." she said, handing Twilight a tablet with a tournament outline on the screen. "First, you'll be going against the team representing southeast Asia. They're called Team Iron Elements, and they're primarily based in Thailand."

"Whatever team advances will go against the representatives from Mexico, team Soledad. After that, the victors will go up as one of the two wild card teams. The A-Block and B-Block will battle, and the losing team in the semifinals will go up against you."

"Sounds good." Twilight replied. "Do you have any information on this Team Iron Elements?"

"Plenty, I'll make sure to send you their team roster once Yu and Tsubasa's battle is decided." Hikaru nodded. "We should all get moving. We've got thirty minutes before the match begins, and it's a twenty minute drive to the stadium."

As the Equestrians nodded and wrapped up their meals, they followed Hikaru out towards the parking garage, where Director Hagane was waiting for them.

"I hope you're excited!" he smirked, taking the wheel. "Chances are whoever wins here might be a future opponent. I'd learn all you can."

"We plan to." Twilight nodded as they car pulled out of the garage and onto the road, heading for the stadium.

Author's Note:

Update, at long last!

Sorry for another late intermediary chapter. Yu and Tsubasa's battle is coming next.

Comments ( 4 )

Huh hopefully you won’t change Ryuga too much form canon I mean he was a beast that most love. Keep up the great work 👍👍👍.

I'm sure he won't change much canon in this story.

11807466
He'll stay as canon.

This was a great chapter.

Login or register to comment