• Published 19th May 2020
  • 24,683 Views, 1,530 Comments

My little Sunspot - LSTS Connor



We have all read the stories about a human waking up as N.M.M but what if that human woke up as their fiery counterpart

  • ...
106
 1,530
 24,683

21-A Mysterious Ignition


Silence, light, heat, nothing.

First would come the Silence. The calm before the storm. The deafening moment when the world sits still as the reaction commences.

Then comes the light. Its brightness is thousands of times greater than the Sun, instantly blinding anything looking right at it.

Heat follows suit. Ground Zero of the detonation becomes the hottest place in the universe as an insurmountable amount of energy is released.

Then nothing as everything is destroyed in its ensuing shockwave.

Silence, light, heat, nothing.

Silence: I’m sitting at my desk, staring out the window behind my monitor, the ambient sounds of the outside world gone.

Light: I cover my eyes, my retinas screaming in pain as the window behind my Monitor becomes pure white.

Heat: My skin burns and my monitor melts as everything illuminated spontaneously combusts. My fur is catching fire as the carpet below me melts.

Nothing: The pain disappears as the nerve endings burn off before the void consumes the world as the shockwave hits, turning everything to dust.

Silence, light, heat, death.

Silence, light, heat…enough.


I awoke with a gasp, my body shooting upright as I fought to catch my breath. My heart was racing, my breathing panicked and my mane was whipping around my head as flames danced across its stands. My eyes were open but I couldn't see anything, my hair was burning and I couldn't feel anything. My lungs were moving but I couldn’t breathe.

Panic gripped my very soul as one single thought dominated my mind.

‘I have to get out of here!’

The heart rate monitor was beeping rapidly as I struggled to remove all of the wires connected up to me. I eventually succeeded as I could faintly hear some sort of commotion going on to my right but I didn’t care. I needed to get out of there. I needed to get home right now.

With myself no longer connected I moved to stand myself up from the bed only to find myself falling back down to the floor when my legs refused to obey my commands. I quickly tried to grab the nearby swivel chair to break my fall but all it served to do was bring the chair tumbling down to the floor with me.

I heard the door suddenly burst open as several sets of hoofsteps entered the room. Words were being said but I wasn’t listening. I crawled along the floor until I found myself balled up in the nearest corner, my legs pulled as close to my body as possible.

My wings unconsciously fought against their bandage bindings as they tried to move to cover me behind them like a protective shield. My wings won out in the end, the bandages holding them in place gave way, allowing myself to hide behind them as they covered my small form. A feathery shield to prevent anyone from coming close to me. My breathing was still panicked and rapid and I could still hear voices from behind my white feathers.

It was still nothing but gibberish to my panic and fear-stricken mind. The only thing I was able to discern was their tone. It was one of worry and concern. The source of the voice began to get closer, its tone morphing into reassuring. But the closer they got, the more distress my mind forced upon me.

A light orange glow began to make itself known within my feathers safe-space. The intensity only grew the closer I felt the voice come. They must have noticed it too as an undertone of fear crept into their voice as it ceased its approach. The orange glow ceased in its growth with the voice.

“Please… stay away from me,” I say with silent sobs as more images of nuclear fire make themselves known in my mind's eye. Each of them is worse than the last as more sobs tear through me as I found myself constantly muttering ‚no‘, ‚I'm so sorry‘ and, ‘I just want to go home’ to myself.

On and on I sobbed and cried in that corner as anything that tried to approach me retreated once that orange glow returned. I can't imagine what it looked like from their perspective. A terrified little Alicorn, sobbing in the corner, hiding behind injured wings and fiery tail, telling everyone to stay away from her through tears. And every time they tried to approach and console her, the silent threat of a glowing and cracked horn urged them to reconsider their approach lest they cause more harm than good.

They must have been terribly confused as to why I had suddenly snapped and decided that I wanted them to stay away. But what I do know is that they did eventually stop trying to approach me but not before trying everything they could to coax me out of my corner. I, however, wasn‘t listening to anything they offered me as I just kept to my quiet muttering and silent sobbing into my broken legs, behind my injured wings.

I don‘t know how long I stayed there. It could have been minutes or several hours as my non-panicking part of my brain focused on trying to calm me down and get back to some semblance of a rational mind.

Nuclear fire proved too much. How can one be calm as a living WMD? How does a child The come back from learning they could kill thousands in the blink of an eye with something they have no control over?

Short answer… You don’t.

So I cried and cried, begged and pleaded to any higher power who was listening to *please take me home*

I sobbed until no more tears would flow and cried till my voice was gone. Until the only sound that emanated from the little Alicorn in the corner were deep and shaky breaths. The only emotion that dominated my mind was one of exhaustion. My body was tired, my slitted eyes were bloodshot from all the crying. My nose was blocked and running. My fur under my eyes, across my arms, and the tops of my unfeeling knees were matted and damp from my tears.

Then I felt something or well… someone standing before me. How I still don‘t exactly know but they appeared out of nowhere and it was like nothing I had felt since I first arrived here. Its presence was warm and its aura was one that promised safety. It… it looked strange but it finally made me believe that everything was going to be alright.

Their words were still muffled along with the rest of them but whoever it was, was *not* happy. I slowly and carefully reached one of my hands out to my feathery walls of safety and pried my feathers apart.

Only to be met by a second pair of white feathers looking back at me, their tips a light orange compared to my pure white ones. And to say they were ruffled would be an understatement. My eyes began to wander skywards to find out whose thoroughly ruffled feathers belonged to.

Their fur was the same color as mine and their mane and tail burned in a never-ending flame-like mine was supposed to. Their face was hidden behind the flames, but with the amount it was whipping around, I could guess what their expression was. Finally, I turned my gaze lower to peek underneath my mysterious protector's feathers.

I could see the royal sisters behind some sort of orange shade. In fact, everywhere I looked I could see an orange bubble of some kind surrounding me and the mare. Celestia and Luna‘s horns were glowing and cracks were starting to form around the bubble and they also did not look happy in the slightest.

What the hell did I miss? And just who was this mare and why did I feel so safe behind them like I was. The mare let out a big sigh before she turned around and crouched down in front of me. Naturally, I was startled by her sudden movement and with a small squeak, I pulled myself back into my ball.

Then I felt the mare suddenly and unexpectedly hug me… Well not me, me but my wings. I could feel her wrapping herself around me, their own wings and all as I heard an impossible voice I thought I would never hear again, as the world suddenly exploded in orange light.

“Don‘t worry anymore my little Sunspot, you're safe now.”

Author's Note:

Gonna be using this new Chapter title art in all upcoming and previous chapters as it looks really goddamed good.

That's all really. Expect Updates to speed up dramatically and maybe even reach Noble Pace as we move away from the Curse of Canon Characters. Seriously I can't write them for shit.

ALSO, Thank the man named Xblaster for giving me the biggest fucking eureka moment and allowing this update to happen and all subsequent updates by getting my brain to think about fire child once again. Give this man a round of applause for being the best "Motivator" an idiot like me could ask for.

Finally thank you for being patient. SO now let's got on with the story shall we?