• Published 19th May 2020
  • 24,680 Views, 1,530 Comments

My little Sunspot - LSTS Connor



We have all read the stories about a human waking up as N.M.M but what if that human woke up as their fiery counterpart

  • ...
106
 1,530
 24,680

3-Embers

Embers


This was it. It was time to meet the main 6. This would either end with me being blasted to stone or fulfilling the dream of every brony and pegasister in existence. I of course was hoping for the latter. This was going to be hard I needed to look as non-threatening as possible or I was going to die. Not literally dying, but I really do not want to go insane because I was stuck on the sun/moon or in stone for 1000 years.

As spikes hand got ever closer towards the door handle my fear kept on rising. I decided to move right behind Spike holding onto his free hand. Basically, I was pulling a Fluttershy and hiding behind him. My fear was too high to do this without some sort of support. Spike noticing this, gave me a reassuring smile.

“Don’t worry everything will be fine. I promise.”

He opened the door. Either he was purposefully opening the door slowly or the stress was making it seem like the slowest door opening in the history of door openings.

“Do you think Spike found something?” Asked the now very distinctive voice of Twilight Sparkle.

“Well why don’t ya ask him yourself…And his new friend by the look of it” Responded Applejack. When she mentioned me, I involuntarily flinched and hid even more behind Spike.

“Don’t worry there’s…no…. reason…to” Said Twilight trailing off near the end, her eyes widening when she caught a glimpse of my face. Her wings shot out involuntarily, accidentally hitting the back of Applejack’s head knocking her hat off. If it were not for the fact this was literally the worst possible reaction I expected, I would have found it funny. Twilight’s horn started glowing and I felt myself starting to get lighter.

I started to panic, I tried to hold onto Spike’s hand, but Twilight’s magic was too strong, and I was yanked into the air. I closed my eyes and used my wings to shield myself from the inevitable onslaught of magic. This brought a gasp from everyone present in the room seeing that I was an alicorn.

So, there I was, floating in the air cradling Luna’s cookie jar against my chest, shaking with fear that I was about to be blasted by magic. Thankfully, I had one saving grace. Or should I say saving dragon?

“Wait!” Came a shout from below me. Hearing this I slowly brought one of my arms up to peek through the feathers of my wings. Spike was standing in front of Twilight, his arms raised.

“Spike, get out of the way!” She said to him. She then looked me straight in my draconic eye.

“What are you doing here Nightmare Moon!? You may have changed your appearance, but Your magic is still the same!” She said with hatred in her eyes. This broke any semblance of emotional control I had, and I just broke down. I was going to die here, if not physically then mentally by way of stone prison. I started sobbing uncontrollably unable to keep any semblance of composure.

Unknown to everyone but Celestia and Luna is that Solar and Lunar magic are almost indistinguishable from each other to any other magic-user. Twilight right now is feeling the solar magic being radiated off Jolyne but can’t tell the difference between it and the Lunar magic used by Nightmare Moon.

And since Jolyne looks like a color swapped Nightmare Moon… Twilight didn’t have to do much to connect the dots in her mind.

Thankfully however Spike knew that this wasn’t the mare in the Moon. As in his mind why would the infamous Nightmare Moon offer him a cookie and generally act like a child?

“Twilight! That is not Nightmare Moon! Her name is Jolyne, she’s just a child brought here against her will!” Shouted Spike still standing in front of Twilight.

That brought Twilight out of her rage making her take a closer look at the child floating in the air. Twilight noticed a dull sobbing coming from the alicorn that was hiding behind her pure white wings. That caused Twilight’s heart to ache with guilt that she may have just threatened a child.

Unnoticed to the 3 of them Applejack had quietly left the room to go and grab the other element bearers.
Twilight began to question herself whether this child in front of her really was Nightmare Moon with a different appearance. And hearing that child’s sobbing convinced her that this could not possibly be the mare in the Moon. This sobbing simply couldn’t be faked, this really was the sobbing of a child that was fearing for her life.

“Does she look like a dangerous monster to you?!” Said spike pointing a finger towards my sobbing form. “let her down from up there.” He said calmly. Twilight did just that slowly lowering me towards the ground.

The second my hooves touched the ground I was enveloped in one massive hug by Spike. After all the emotional turmoil I just went through I completely embraced the hug. I needed one after all of that. I cried myself to sleep in his arms, confident that he wouldn’t let them hurt me.


“Sooo…What are we going to do with her?” Asked a hovering Rainbow Dash.
The main six were all standing over the sleeping form of Jolyne, who had tear stains under her eyes, unsure what to do about this alicorn filly. Spike had explained the situation around Jolyne being here which seemed to have lightened up the mood somewhat, but the question was what to do with her now. She was lying against Spike with the lunar cookie jar still cradled against her chest, softly snoring away. If it were not for the fact that her hair was fire Fluttershy would have glomped her the second she entered the room.

“U-um I think we should bring her back to the library. She seems to trust Spike b-but you scared her pretty badly twilight.” Stuttered Fluttershy quietly, looking sympathetically towards the sleeping child.

“Yeah Twi you scared her badly, heck you even scared me back there with how you reacted towards her. Yer wings shooting out and all nocking ma hat off.” She brought a hand up to rub the back of her head. “Thanks for that by the way” She said with a chuckle.

“She really doesn’t seem like the Nightmare Moon we knew. And Ah can tell she wasn’t faking those tears, she genuinely thought she was going to die.” Applejack said sadly looking at the sleeping child with sympathy.

“But we should still be careful around her.” Added Applejack afterward. “Better safe than sorry.”

Pinkie pie during all of this was oddly quiet. Her hair having lost some of its spring after having heard what happened to the child from Spike. Her mind was spinning with party ideas. Trying to calculate (don’t ask me what formula she used, only Discord is able to understand it) the best way to cheer the filly up. Then it hit her. She had the perfect plan. The best plan in the history of plans. Her hair jumped back up to full poofieness as she pulled out a piece of paper and started planning. Her face one of concentration very few had seen.

“We definitely need to send a letter to the princesses about this she is an alicorn after all, plus the whole: she looks like a color swapped Nightmare Moon thing” Added Rainbow Dash eying the alicorn with suspicion. As if she would suddenly jump up and blast everyone.

“I agree with Applejack dear. She may be a child but she’s still an alicorn that looks an awful lot like Nightmare Moon. But that dress makes her look so cute. Plus, that hair, so unique! I could design an entirely new fashion line!” Rarity said giddily drawing the attention of the rest of her friends.

*Ahem* “I mean, we should keep a close eye on her” Quickly added Rarity, drawing an eye-roll from the rest of her friends. Except Pinkie Pie, she was still stuck in her own little world drawing away on her piece of paper.

A sigh escaped Twilights lips.

“Well we can’t just leave her out here… Everyone gather around I’ll teleport us back to the library. Then we can tell the princesses.” Twilight motioned with her hands for everyone to get close. As Twilights horn began to glow preparing to teleport everyone back to the library Spike looked down at the sleeping alicorn in his arms and smiled softly.

*Pop*


*Pop*

The group reappeared back in the main room of Twilights library, the sleeping form of Jolyne still in Spikes arms sitting on the floor.
“I’ll bring her to the guest room” Said Applejack leaning down to take Jolyne from Spikes embrace. She picked the alicorn up and brought her to the nearby guest room, the cookie jar still in the alicorns embrace. Spike expecting what was about to happen, preemptively grabbed a pen and paper and walked over to the nearby table.

“Spike take a no- “

“Already on it” Interrupted Spike, drawing a frown from Twilight. Spike just chuckled at her expense and waited for Twilight to start dictating. She just rolled her eyes and with a smile started dictating the letter.

Dear Princess Celestia

Author's Note:

Next chapter the not so long-awaited meeting is at hand

Thank you, everyone, for the 140 Likes :pinkiehappy: It makes me extremely happy that you all are enjoying my story

A quick heads up though Updates may slow down due to me writing finals next week so I need to concentrate on that for now but on the 29th is my last exam then I can spend as much time as I need writing this story :D

Big thanks to Darkspyro and PlantedG for prereading this chapter. You guys are the best :twilightsmile: