• Published 11th May 2020
  • 256 Views, 7 Comments

Maniac - Lame Joke



Something's wrong with Pinkie

  • ...
 7
 256

in the dark

"Thanks for coming over Dashie!" The party pony's excited voice echoed throughout her empty house as the pegasus in question walked in through the door.

"Yea-" Rainbow opened her mouth to reply Pinkie, but stopped mid sentence, staring at Pinkie, "What happened to you?"

Pinkie Pie's usually curly mane is now sticking out of place and unkempt, bags of tiredness were under her eyes, screaming out her lack of sleep. That would not be a problem for normal Pinkie, she would be so full of caffeine to even fall asleep.

"Oh, shop's booming, nothing to worry about," Pinkie waved it off, plucking some cupcake from her mane and tossing them onto a plate. She then went to sit down on a table, gesturing at Dash to sit with her, which she did.

"So, why did you want me to come here for?" Dash picked a cupcake from the plate and bit into it, savouring the sweet taste. She remarked to herself that it tasted sweeter than usual, but shrugged it off. Sometimes if you didn't eat a kind of food for a long time, it would taste better than usual.

"Well, I need to discuss something with you," Pinkie replied, her faraway blue eyes looking past Dash and into the distance.

Dash nodded her head and picked up another cupcake. All that Wonderbolt practice gotta make her starve.

"Have you seen Twilight? Or Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity?" Pinkie asked, worry written all over her face.

Dash had just returned from a particularly long Wonderbolt tour, having performed at Appleloosa, Crystal Empire, even as far as Yakyakistan. She shook her head, staring back at the party pony.

"No, I have not. Is there something wrong?"

"They had disappeared. Gone, all of a sudden. Ponies just assumed they had been called off to a friendship mission or something, but I don't think so. What if somepony took them? Maybe Tirek, Cozy Glow, Chrysalis, or even Discord, if he somehow became a villain again!" Pinkie's breathing intensified, and Dash could see that she's getting agitated.

"Woah, woah, calm down there, you;re getting all heated up," Dash stopped her, clutching her shoulder with her hoof and gripping it tight.

"I'm sorry," Pinkie got up from her seat, still breathing deeply and quickly, "excuse me for a minute, I need to go calm myself,"

And the party pony walked off, leaving Dash alone with her thoughts.

Twi, AJ, Rares, and Flutters, all gone? What happened? I'm sure they would be okay, we defeated all the villains threatening Equestria after all. But still, they would still have left a note or something, unless somepony real bad is getting them.

I should'nt be thinking of those things, gotta keep myself up and positive, like Pinkie. But she ain't as happy as before, she didn't even crack a joke or smile when we sat down together and talked. Heck, she walked normally instead of bouncing around!

Dash slumped down on the table, still engrossed in her own thoughts. Then she remembered Pinkie.

She went off for around fifteen minutes already. That's kinda long for cooling down. Normally we just go to the bathroom and wash our face, right? That wouldn't take more than five minutes.

Dash got up from her seat, deciding to check on Pinkie. She walked to the bathroom, looking for Pinkie but the pony was nowhere to be seen.

Maybe she's in her bedroom.

Dash made her way upstairs, to the pony's bedroom but to no avail, Pinkie wasn't there. Now Dash was starting to freak out. She took to the air and flew around the house, spotting for the party pony but she is nowhere to be seen.

She just... disappeared, like the others! Wha- how? Is there somepony that's capturing us all one by one?

Dash got ready for another sweep around the house, tensing her wings before she realised she had not check somewhere yet.

The party planning cave! She gotta be there!

The cyan pegasus rushed to Pinkie's bedroom and desperately flipped the trapdoor open. She flung herself onto the slide and willed herself to tumble down into the cave, fervently hoping that Pinkie would be in there.

"Pinkie! Are you here? I-" Dash started, but stopped.

The cave was completely cleared out, with none of the party planning things in it. Instead, it was filled with pictures of the six friends and tons of cupcakes. In the corner of the cave was the figure of Pinkie Pie, sitting down and facing away from Dash, shrouded in darkness.

"Pinkie, are you alright?" Dash asked her, making her way towards her.

"I did it,"

The statement stopped the cyan pegasus in her track.

"You... did what?" Dash asked Pinkie, but deep down she already knew the answer.

"First was Twilight. I took her to the castle of two sisters. She was so engrossed in the library she did not notice me behind her. Who knew that Spike's claws were so sharp,"

"Pinkie..."

"Then Rarity. She was busy sewing a dress. At least Spike and her are together forever,"

"Stop please..."

"I wanted to go for Applejack next, but Fluttershy was smart. She suspected there was something wrong with me. She said I wasn't like myself, and trapped me in her cottage with her animals," a slight chuckle escaped from the party pony's mouth, "That was fun. Imagine your pets turning against you just because somepony else has a good way with words. Could you imagine Tank killing you if I said that I could treat them better?"

"Pinkie, stop this now,"

"Obviously I sent the animals to a much better place than this wretched place, where you could not even trust your own friend. Then I managed to convince Applejack to visit Goldie Delicious again for some reason, except we didn't. The look of fear on her eyes, as she was pushed off a cliff and strapped onto the cart as kinda satisfying for me,"

"I'm outta here!"

Dash prepared to fly out, but was stopped by Pinkie. The pony appeared in front of Dash, blocking her from the exit of the cave.

"You're dead too, Dash. Remember the cupcakes? There were poison in them," Pinkie stared at Dash sadly.

The pegasus' stomach dropped. "Why did you do this?" Dash cried out, tears threatening to spill from her eyes, "You should had get help!"

"I don't need help to get out of the dark," Pinkie walked back to the corner and sat down, facing Dash this time, "Just sit with me in the dark,"

"You maniac!"

Author's Note:

Halfway into writing this story I realised this kinda look like cupcakes. I swear I didnt mean to, its total coincidence:rainbowderp:

This story sucks

Comments ( 7 )

Why do you like reaching 69 views?

10229966
You know of more memes and songs and etc. than I do.

Looks like you beat me to the Cupcakes observation lol

Speaking of which, a friend is writing a Cupcakes sequel in 2020. Crazy world.

10229986
gotta catch em all

10229966
Oh, God I just looked it up. Two memes in a row about the same thing. The first one was not you, btw.

Login or register to comment