• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 3,636 Views, 196 Comments

Ranger's Destiny (Undergoing Edited) - TasteDaRainbow



Rangers find themselves in a world full of colorful talking ponies and an adventure awaits them. A war is taking place on Equestria. How can they survive through all of this? And the most important thing is, will they ever get back home? God help us.

  • ...
21
 196
 3,636

The Crucible - Part 1

"Operation Sombra a.k.a. Operation Onslaught"
Day 12 - 11:32
Sgt. Daniel Nicholas
1st Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment
Baltimare, Equestria

"Ya guys ready?" Jerry said as he cock his gun.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Chase replied from the driver seat. Two humvees and four tanks are on their way towards their destination. Daniel was gripping tightly the minigun.

"Just like old times, eh?" He said to the others.

"Hooah," Chase replied with a smirk. They continue on their journey and about fifteen minutes have passed, they saw a big city in front of them.

"Is that the city?" War Daddy asked.

"That's definitely alright," Daniel replied through his walkie. They continue again in silent but suddenly a voice interrupted the silence.

"This is Shining Armor, Daniel how long until you all get here?" They must've arrived at the train station.

"Probably three or four minutes," he replied, "Got anything on sight out there?"

"Negative, a report just tells us that the resistance are on the opposite side of the city. It's gonna get a lot harder than we thought."

"Get a grip Captain, we can win this. Let's show Sombra what we've got."

"All right, we'll be waiting for you at the station. Out." After the conversation ended, they finally arrived at the entrance of the city. Daniel turn on his walkie and order the others.

"All right guys this is it. We push forward slowly and kill anyone that stands in our way. Keep an eye out for civvies."

"You know who we are kid." (Firefly)

"I know... we'll regroup with the guards and proceed our way through the town. Sweep every building, every houses, every corners, make sure they're not getting out of here alive."

"Hooah," he heard Jerry replied from inside the humvee.

"Let's move forward."

______________________________________________


"Operation Sombra a.k.a. Operation Onslaught"
Day 12 - 11:35
Sgt. William Forbes
1st Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment
Fillydelphia, Equestria

"SPIN 'EM UP!" Forbes shouted through his walkie. The rangers then quickly fires to all of the hostiles in front of them. The helicopters landed to disembarked the rangers from the choppers. The rangers quickly move out and the helicopters hoover again in the air while shooting relentlessly at the enemies.

"Air Burst!" Forbes said as he pull out his mag, "Get your squad moving to the right flank! You'll take 'em by surprise while we distract them from here!"

"Got it!" Air Burst replied as he nodded vigorously, "Come on boys! This way!" He gestured his squad to follow him.

"Iron Horse!" Forbes shouted, "Suppressing fire on the grey house!"

"Solid copy, suppressing." The Stryker quickly fires it's main armament to the house, eliminating the hostiles and pinning them down. Forbes was about to get up from his cover but he was thrown off by an explosion right next to him. His vision's blurry and he tried his best to get up.

"Sergeant!" He heard Zano screamed, then he felt a hand gripping on his left shoulder.

"Come on!" Zano exclaimed, trying to pull the sergeant into a cover. After dragging Forbes to a cover, Zano immediately inspects for any wounds. He sigh in relief when he didn't find one. "Sarge, you alright?" He asked.

"I'm... fine..." Forbes replied, still regaining his composure and was panting heavily. He then peeked outside and grabbed his walkie to communicate with the helicopters. "This is Two-One Actual, Dagger Two-One, we need your assist here. That watch tower is pinning us down!"

"We're on it," replied the Blackhawk. The helicopter immediately fired at the tower. Destroying it with it's minigun.

"Hoho yeah, I think they learned their lesson alright," the Blackhawk cockily said, "The tower is done boys, you good to go."

"Thanks for the assist, Dagger Two-One," Forbes replied, "Come on! Push forward!"

"About time!" Johnson said as he jumped out from his cover. The others soon followed and they shoot relentlessly at the enemy.

"Air Burst! Give me a sitrep, over!" Forbes exclaimed while running to another cover.

"Not good!" Air Burst replied from the walkie, "They already know that we're coming! Shield! Get those men working on the left flank! We got bunkers that are pinning us down! We need air support now!"

Forbes quickly ordered the helicopters to assist the flanking guards. "Dagger Two-Two, Air Burst and his troops need air support right away! Can you assist them, over?"

"Affirmative, we're on our way." The Little Bird quickly fly to the east of the town and proceed to support the guards. The rangers are now desperately pushing forward, cleaned every houses, checked every corners, kill every hostiles that were on their way. The Stryker positioned itself to the front of the rangers so they won't taking any casualties. Sombra's army quickly focus on the vehicle and start to shooting at it.

"Hunter Two this is Iron Horse!" The Stryker gunner shouted through the walkie, "We need your assist here! We can't take it anymore!"

"On my way! Squad, get on that house!" He said pointing at a blue house, "We need to assist Iron Horse before he got fucked up out here! Flank 'em through the houses! Go! Go! Go!" All of the rangers move through houses after houses and kill every single one of them.

"Thanks for the assist, Hunter Two-One," the Stryker then move forward from it's location.

"We got hostiles on the white house!" One of the rangers shouted.

"Laze the target!" Johnson replied while putting his mag to his gun. Zano quickly laze the target to a bunch of enemies hiding and firing from the white house.

"Copy that, targeting infantry on the white house." (Iron Horse)

"Forbes, this is Air Burst!" Forbes heard his walkie yelled, "I just got a report that the civilians are being transferred to an abandoned hospital! It's located on the northwest part of the city!"

"Solid copy, Air Burst," Forbes replied, "Let's get to it," he put his walkie back and looked to the rangers, "It's now or never boys! Iron Horse, proceed to push forward!"

"Be advised, we're moving up. Stand clear," replied the Stryker gunner.

"Go! Go! Go!" Zano yelled as he run to a house and quickly slide into cover. After what felt like eternity, Forbes and Air Burst with the guards finally met at a crossroad.

"I see you made it in one piece," Forbes smirk as he put his weapon on his shoulder.

"Without that chopper, we won't make it," Air Burst chuckled, "Their magic sure pinning us down hard."

Forbes was about to respond but a voice from his walkie told him otherwise. "Hunter Two-One, this is Dagger Two-Two, be advised we count multiple hostiles converging on your position! We're taking a lot of heavy fire-" The pilot couldn't continue his sentence when an explosion hit the chopper. "Shit! I lost control of the tail rotor!" The Little Bird struggle itself to hoover in the air but to no avail. Instead it hit a roof of one of the houses and instantly loses control. "Mayday, mayday! This is Dagger Two-Two, we're going down! Fu-" Just then, the helicopter crashed about three blocks away from them.

"Holy shit!" Johnson exclaimed as he saw the helicopter crashed. Forbes' eyes widened at the sight but his thoughts were interrupted by a sound coming from one of the streets. He looked to his left and saw a massive force running towards him. A lot of them.

"Sarge!" Zano exclaimed, "Incoming hostiles!"

Before he could react, a sound of heaven that he's waiting finally get into contact. "Hunter Two-One, this is Jester One-One, requesting a HARM for the section. Standby to engage, over."

He quickly snatch his walkie and respond to the jet, "Solid copy, Jester. Go get 'em."

They heard the sound of the jet is coming closer and closer. "What is that sound?" Air Burst asked, looking at the sky, the guards too looked up at the sky in confusion.

"That is the sound of our Angel," Johnson replied with a smirk, "Just you look at those bastards." He mentioned at the army that were charging towards them. Before Air Burst could reply, Forbes' walkie react again.

"Good tone, good tone. Fox three, fox three." Just then, a jet dive fast to the enemy and it launches a missile from one of its wings.

"Aaand..." Forbes said, "Merry Christmas."

BOOM!

A huge explosion from the missile ripped the army to shreds. Only few of them remain on the road. The rangers hoot and holler in excitement.

"Yeah!"

"Whoo-hoo!"

"Get some, baby!"

"Hooah!"

"You don't get this in the Fourth of July!"

Forbes chuckled while the guards just watched in disbelief. "Wow, good hit, Jester. Good hit." Forbes smirked.

"Copy that, moving towards Baltimare. You're on your own now."

"Two-One Actual, this is Dagger Two-One," Forbes' walkie sounded on again, "I have a visual on the crash site. I see small arms fire coming from the cockpit. Request permission to initiate search and rescue, over."

"Negative Two-One, you're about to scout the hospital ahead. Let us do the work. Out."

"Copy that."

"Two-Two, do you copy? What's your status, over?" Forbes asked.

They heard a coughing sound before the pilot could respond, "I'm here. Clark is KIA. Hostiles moving in fast! I could sure use some help here!"

"Hold on, we're coming to ya." Without a second thought, Forbes looked at the group. "Air Burst, you with me," he said quickly, "Zano, Johnson, go to the crash site and rescue the pilot. Team, move out!" Zano and Johnson nodded vigorously and quickly run to the crash site.

"So what are we do now, Sarge?" Air Burst asked, looking at the sergeant.

"We'll clear the remaining forces," he replied as he pointed towards the street. Several groups of hostiles charging towards their position, fast. "Let's go for hand-to-hand combat, shall we?" He said as he pulled out his knife.

"I would love to," Air Burst replied with a smirk.

"Iron Horse, hold your position will ya, we got it from here."

"Iron Horse holding position," replied the Stryker.

"Rangers! Lead the way!" Forbes shouted as he ran towards the charging army.

"HOOAH!" They replied in unison.

"Guards! Push forward!!" Air Burst shrieked.

"YEAAAHHHH!!!" The guards quickly run towards the enemies, with their shields and spears raised. Both of the army then clashed in the middle of the street and immediately kill one another. Soldiers soon fell to the ground, the guards, the dark forces, even the rangers. Not long enough after that, Sombra's army already pull back to their - what Forbes assumed - their last stand. The hospital.

"All right," he said, panting heavily, "Good job soldiers. Now we just have to engage the hospital."

"What?" Air Burst was taken aback by his statement, "We would probably kill the civilians!"

"Did I say, we kill all of them?" Forbes asked, "The rangers will do the job, while you and your troops surrounding outside of the hospital. Make sure no enemy comes out of there... alive."

Air Burst wasn't sure about this. He looked to the ground, trying to make a decision. Finally, he sighed in defeat. "All right, but make sure to not kill the civilians. Especially the kids."

"We were born for this Commander. And you know we won't." Just then, Zano speaks through the walkie.

"Sarge, we got the package. The copilot's dead and the pilot's right leg is badly injured. I don't think we can heal him in here."

Forbes grab his walkie, "This is Forbes, I'm sending the Blackhawk to your position."

"Roger that."

He then quickly contact the Blackhawk, "Dagger Two-One, this is Hunter Two-One, I need you to bring the pilot back to Ponyville. Let Twilight heal him for the meantime, over."

"Copy, Two-One Actual. Moving to the crash site, out." Forbes put back his walkie and sat down. He took off his helmet and run a hand to his hair. The guards sees this and immediately take their rest too, along with other rangers. They soon started to blather one another. Air Burst sit down next to the sergeant.

"So," he started, "What're we gonna do now?"

Forbes looked at him, "We'll wait for Zano and Johnson to come. Before that, let's gather our lifeless guards and rangers and put them inside Iron Horse. Leave the door open so it doesn't smell inside."

"You sure about that?" Air Burst asked.

"No one left behind, Commander. We'll bring 'em home, no matter what."

Air Burst smiled and nodded, they soon lined up the lifeless body of their teammates and get them inside the Stryker. Lucky for them, there's not much for the casualties. They took a seat after done with that and after a minute of waiting, the walkie suddenly turned on.

"Hunter Two-One, Dagger Two-One, the packages have been secured. Moving back to Ponyville, out."

He grab his walkie and respond, "Copy that, get here as soon as you can after that."

"Roger."

"Forbes, this is Zano, the pilot is being sent back to Ponyville. Along with his copilot. We're moving in towards your position, over."

"Solid copy, Zano. We'll wait for you here." Forbes put back his walkie and let out a sigh.

"Long day, huh?" Air Burst teases him. Forbes nudge him and they both laughed together.

"I was wondering if I would ever get back home." Air Burst looked at him, sadness filled in his eyes.

"Don't worry, Sarge," he replied, "I'm sure the Princesses will handle that."

"I hope so. I just want to see my family again before Christmas, hope my war will end soon." Forbes looked up at the sky.

Air Burst smiled at him and looked back at the squad. "You will, Sarge. I know you will."

"Thanks, Commander." Suddenly, another voice interrupts them. They quickly looked over to the source and saw Zano and Johnson running towards them.

"Sarge!" Zano exclaimed as he came to a full stop and put his hands to his knees.

"What is it, Private?" Forbes immediately stood up, followed by Air Burst and the rest of the guards. They all quickly surrounds the panting rangers.

"What is it?" One of the guards asked frantically.

"We..." Zano replied but couldn't speak because the lack of air he was in.

"We manage to interrogate one of those bastards," Johnson quickly said.

"Why the hell did you do that?" Forbes asked, crossing his arms.

"We just wanted information," Zano retorted, "And we have to move... now."

"Why?" Air Burst asked.

"Soon," Johnson said, "They're gonna kill all of the civilians. We have to act now!"

Forbes eyes widened and he quickly put on his helmet and give it a pat on the side. "All right," he said as he cocked his gun, "We'll do this the old style."

The rangers smirked at the sergeant. They know what they're going to do, and that will be fun.

"This is just getting better and better," one of the rangers said.

"Indeed my friend," Forbes nodded, "Now, I want you to listen very carefully." With that, they all began to form the plan. They all listen to every word that Forbes said in silent.

"Where's the power switch for the hospital though?" Forbes asked.

"It should be in the basement," one of the guards replied, "I've been there before."

"All right. You know your position guards?" Forbes asked, ending the briefing.

"We know," Air Burst said. The guards nodded vigorously.

"Rangers, you know what to do."

"Hooah," the rangers replied in unison.

"All right," Forbes grip his gun, "Save the civilians, secure the city and get the heck outta here." He then grabbed his walkie and looked to the Stryker. "Iron Horse, hold your position with the guards until I say so."

"Copy that."

Forbes put back his walkie. "We're Oscar Mike!"

Author's Note:

Another new chapter! Hope you guys like it!

On going chapter: The Crucible - Part 2