• Published 19th Apr 2020
  • 447 Views, 7 Comments

EqG Tales: G.L.O.W. Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight, Sunset, and friends now interact with the mighty ladies of wrestling.

  • ...
 7
 447

PreviousChapters Next
39. Leather and Lace

Author's Note:

Fluttershy gets unusual inspiration from Envy and Adore. The Soul Patrol. I even did a tribute to their Hip Dictionary sketch.

Rarity and Fluttershy went into a diner after watching a fashion show in Canterlot City. Rarity’s fashionable friend, Sassy Saddles, joined them.

“That was some show. Wasn’t it?” Sassy asked.

“Indeed, darling.” Rarity replied. “Some of the models displayed some unique looks.”

“That’s right. But, the biggest surprise was the one I arranged.”

“Oh my.” Fluttershy gasped. “Which of these models did you bring in?”

“Not one.” Sassy said as she sipped some water. “Two. I asked Envy and Adore to show off their traditional look.”

“Envy and Adore?” Rarity said, shocked to hear those names. “The Soul Patrol?” She soon regained her composure. “I’ll say this much. They do make leather and lace work good together.”

“Especially in the wrestling ring.” Fluttershy added.

“Thanks, babe.” The voice of a hip young woman replied.

The girls turned and saw two women wearing leather jackets and lace outfits with black boots. One girl has poofy black hair and wore a dark purple lace outfit. The other has short black hair and wore a light lavender lace outfit.

“Hi, girls.” Sassy greeted.

“Hey, Sassy. What’s up?” The short haired girl, Adore, replied.

Fluttershy turned to whisper to Rarity. “Does this mean Sassy knows the Soul Patrol?”

“You’re darn tootin’!” The other girl, Envy, answered.

Later, all five girls sat at the table, waiting for their food to arrive.

“I must say,” Rarity said, “your leather and lace combination is very unique.”

“As a girl of fashion,” Envy replied, “you truly appreciate our style.”

“But, why did Sassy have you two display your look?”

“Especially considering your reputation.” Fluttershy added.

“We’re only brutal in the wrestling ring, nature lover.” Adore said. “But, sometimes we like to take part in other events.”

“Yeah.” Envy added. “Sassy here met us at a department store, and recognized us right away.”

“I’ve seen them online in classic battles against the likes of The Cheerleaders and The Southern Belles.” Sassy said. “So, I asked if they can show off their classic look.”

“I guess that makes sense.” Rarity figured. “Their wrestling attire is fascinating.”

The Soul Patrol were pleased to hear that as the five continued their pleasant time.

A few days later, Fluttershy wore her regular outfit as she joined her friends at the coffee place. They all gasped when they saw that she’s carrying a leather jacket.

“Hey, Flutters.” Rainbow Dash greeted. “What’s with the jacket?”

“I figured to give it a try.” Fluttershy answered. “Besides, it’s a bit nippy out there today.”

The nature lover put on the jacket. Everybody was surprisingly pleased.

“I guess The Soul Patrol got to you. Huh?” Sunset remarked.

Fluttershy gave a sassy remark. “Envy and Adore inspired me.”

Rarity gave Fluttershy a thumbs up.


The Soul Patrol

Hip Dictionary

Envy and Adore talked to each other when the teacher interrupted them.
TEACHER: All right, Soul Patrol. (The girls looked at the teacher.) Can you make a sentence using the word, “Ammo”?
The two girls whisper to each other. Then, they turn back to the teacher.
ENVY: Yeah. Ammo kick your butt.
They laughed and high fived each other.

PreviousChapters Next