• Published 19th Apr 2020
  • 446 Views, 7 Comments

EqG Tales: G.L.O.W. Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight, Sunset, and friends now interact with the mighty ladies of wrestling.

  • ...
 7
 446

PreviousChapters Next
36. Star Spangled Birthday

Author's Note:

Pinkie is helping to prepare for Limestone’s birthday. And, the patriotic Liberty is helping out.

“Are you sure it was a good idea for Pinkie to decorate the backyard for Limestone’s birthday party?” Cloudy Quartz asked.

“I’m not sure myself.” Her husband, Igneous Rock Pie, answered. “But, she insisted that she sets it up. She is a party expert, you know.”

“At least Limestone won’t be back for a few hours.”

When the couple entered the backyard, they were astounded. There were red, white, and blue balloons and streamers along the fence. They also saw American flag and fireworks designs on the tables where guests sit, and lights set up.

Pinkie finished putting up more streamers when she saw her parents. “Oh! Hi, Mom. Hi, Dad.”

“This is very impressive, young lady.” Igneous Rock praised. “But, this looks more like a Fourth of July celebration than a birthday party.”

“Well,” Pinkie confesses, “I had a bit of help.”

Out comes a lady with curly dark brown hair, and wears a leotard that’s red on top and blue on the bottom with white down the middle. She has blue boots on as well.

“Oh my.” Cloudy Quartz gasped. “Liberty.”

“You recognize her, Mom?” Pinkie wondered.

“I do, Pinkie. I saw Limestone watching a match on YouTube last week. I believe it was Liberty and Justice vs. the infamous Hollywood and Broadway Rose. Limestone was cheering for the patriotic duo.”

“It’s nice to have fans, no matter how old.” Liberty praised.

“But, what brings this powerful lady here?” Igneous Rock asked.

Pinkie answered her father’s question. “Since I heard that Limestone likes Liberty and Justice, I figured to decorate this backyard to reflect her appreciation to what Liberty’s all about.”

“Pinkie saw me after an autograph session.” Liberty continued. “She told me about her sister’s birthday coming up. So, I came here earlier to help her out.”

“She even prepared a present for Limestone.” Pinkie squealed.

“Very impressive.” Cloudy Quartz praised. “Well done.”

Later that day, Limestone and Maud walked home from the movie theater.

“What do you think of the movie we saw?” Maud asked in her usual tone.

“Pretty cool!” Limestone replied. “I’m glad that we’re spending time together. I wonder what’s happening at home.”

Maud soon got a text message, and understood what to do. “Limestone, how about we go into the backyard. Maybe we can relax for a bit.”

“Sure.” Limestone agreed.

When they opened the gate, many people jumped out and yelled, “SURPRISE!”

Limestone’s eyes widened as the theme of “The Mighty Heroes” was played through loudspeakers. The birthday girl was astonished as tears of joy came dripping down her face.

“Happy Birthday, Limestone!” Pinkie cheered as she came out wearing a blue long sleeve shirt with white stars on it. She also wore a pair of red capris with white stripes going down.

“Pinkie!” Limestone said happily as she hugged her sister. “I should have guessed you set this up. You always know how to throw a party.”

“I have another surprise for you!”

Then, Liberty stepped out in her outfit. She now added her Statue of Liberty crown and her glittery flag cape. “Happy Birthday, Miss Limestone.”

“No way!” Limestone said excitingly. “Liberty!”

Liberty and Limestone hugged each other happily. Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz watch with admiration. As the party progressed, things went well. People danced to music, enjoyed food provided, and Limestone is feeling very happy for this day.

“Pleased with this party, my dear?” Igneous Rock asked.

“I sure am, Dad.” Limestone replied as she admires a cape she wore. “This cape Liberty and Pinkie made is amazing!”

The cape is blue, decorated with white stars and red and white stripes. Marble, the youngest Pie sister was astounded. “That cape is grand. Pinkie and Liberty did a good job.”

“Hey there, Pie Family.” Liberty announced. “How about a family picture to remember this day?”

Everyone agreed. Maud, Marble, and Pinkie sat on chairs while Igneous Rock, Limestone, Liberty, and Cloudy Quartz stood. Maud’s boyfriend, Mud Briar, who came to the party readied a camera. “Okay, friends. Smile for the camera!”

They all smiled as Mud Briar took the picture. This was indeed a patriotic birthday for Limestone.

PreviousChapters Next