• Published 19th Apr 2020
  • 449 Views, 7 Comments

EqG Tales: G.L.O.W. Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight, Sunset, and friends now interact with the mighty ladies of wrestling.

  • ...
 7
 449

PreviousChapters Next
32. Voodoo and Astrology Working Together

Author's Note:

The Rainbooms are meeting the unusual duo of the voodoo queen, Big Bad Mama, and the girl of the cosmos, Star. Rest in peace, BBM.

Twilight and her fellow Rainbooms took a stroll through Canterlot Park. But, it’s not for pleasure.

“Are you sure about this, Rainbow Dash?” Rarity asked.

“Yeah!” Dash responded. “For the past three days, this strange looking woman has been coming here with all kinds of stuff.”

“What does she look like?” Sunset Shimmer asked curiously.

“This woman is huge.” The daredevil of the group replied. “She has curly brown hair, she’s wearing a peach colored dress, and has her face painted. Half white, half black.”

“Hmmm.” Applejack hummed. “Sounds familiar to me.”

“To you?” Pinkie gulped.

“Yup. Sounds like somebody I heard so much about.”

Just then, Rainbow pointed to another area. “Look! There she is!”

The girls looked ahead, and saw the woman Rainbow Dash talked about. She has a table set up with candles and a small cauldron on top. This woman wore some beads and is chanting.

“Oh my.” Fluttershy squeaked. “She looks scary.”

Applejack looked at this stranger. “I thought this is her. Come on.”

As the girls took a closer, the stranger spotted them, and gave them a greeting with a southern accent. “Well, well. The upcoming music group, the Rainbooms. This is a pleasant surprise.

“I thought my friend, Rainbow Dash, was describing you,” Applejack replied, “Big Bad Mama.”

Everybody was surprised to hear that name.

“Big...Bad...Mama?” Fluttershy gulped.

“Of course.” Rarity realized. “The voodoo queen from New Orleans, Louisiana.”

“I’m touched that even an elegant lady like you knows my reputation, Miss Rarity.” Big Bad Mama said.

“She must know who we are,” Dash figured, “if she knows our names.”

Sunset Shimmer walks up to the voodoo queen. “What are you doing here in Canterlot City, BBM?”

“I’m here for a voodoo convention here in town, Miss Sunset Shimmer.” Bid Bad replied. “I heard that many voodoo experts will be gathering, explaining different voodoo methods.”

“And, you’ve been invited to take part?” Applejack asked.

“That’s right, Miss Applejack. The convention people heard of my reputation in and out of the wrestling ring. They figured I blend right in.”

“Like the pieces of a haunted puzzle.” Pinkie Pie added.

Big Bad Mama smiled at Pinkie’s comment as she admired the evening sky. “The stars are with me tonight. And, I’m sure they’ll guide me during that event.

Rainbow Dash was surprised to hear that statement. “The stars are with her? When is this voodoo expert into astrology?”

“I think Big Bad Mama has got advice from someone else.” Twilight figured. “Namely, the girl of the cosmos: Star.”

From Big Bad’s booth steps a young lady wearing a dark blue outfit and a black cape. She has frizzy sparkly hair and a galaxy print on her stomach as she speaks to Twilight. “I always heard that you’re a smart one, Twilight Sparkle.”

The crew were shocked to see this extra visitor.

“Oh my.” Fluttershy squeaked. “I never expected to see someone like her.”

“What brings you here, Star?” Pinkie asked.

“I can answer that, Miss Pinkie Pie.” Big Bad Mama answered. “Even a voodoo expert like me can use some help, especially with the voodoo convention in town. Fortunately, Star was available. With her astrology knowledge, my participation will go very nicely.”

“Big Bad Mama is right.” Star added. “Voodoo and Astrology can work well together.”

The girls were very satisfied, and started to leave.

“Time for us to go.” Twilight said. “Good luck to you both.”

“Thanks, girls.” Big Bad Mama replied. “Come by the exhibition hall if you wish to see this event for yourselves.”

The girls head for home. They are very impressed with the participation of Big Bad Mama and Star. Rainbow Dash, however, is a little off balance about this.

“Big Bad Mama and Star.” Dash thought out loud. “There’s an odd couple for you.”

PreviousChapters Next