• Published 19th Apr 2020
  • 438 Views, 7 Comments

EqG Tales: G.L.O.W. Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight, Sunset, and friends now interact with the mighty ladies of wrestling.

  • ...
 7
 438

PreviousChapters Next
27. Great Day for Beach Girls

Author's Note:

It's beach time with GLOW's residential beach bunnies, Sunny and The California Doll.

Carrying her surfboard, Applejack looks at the waves, ready to surf. Soon, she sees Rainbow Dash surfing the waves. Alongside her, is an athletic girl with poofy blond hair, wearing a black full length wetsuit riding her own board.

Rainbow and the surfer girl finished riding the wave, and went over the beach.

“Howdy, RD.” Applejack greeted. “Tamin’ them waves, I see.”

“You bet.” Rainbow replied. “Alongside my surfing companion here.”

Applejack suddenly recognized the surfer girl. “Hoo-wee! Sunny, the California Girl.”

“How did you recognize me?” The girl named Sunny asked.

“I took a gander online and saw you in a battle against that Australian warrior: Beastie.”

Rainbow Dash was surprised to hear that. Then, turned to Sunny. “You are one of the Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling?”

“That’s right.” Sunny answered. “Check out my surfboard.”

Rainbow Dash and Applejack looked at Sunny’s board. It’s deep teal with bright yellow letters spelling out “GLOW”.

“Pretty good design, Sunny.” Applejack praised.

“Thanks.” Sunny replied. “I’m not the only California girl visiting this beach.”

At the lifeguard station, Timber Spruce saw a girl with wavy blond hair and wearing a blue T shirt and lavender board shorts coming. After stopping, she started stretching, and getting in shape.

“Hey.” Timber gasped. “The California Doll. What brings you here?”

“I was asked to be a lifeguard for the day.” Doll answered.

“That makes sense.” Timber replied as he approaches the visitor. “Being a beach bunny yourself, you see lifeguards do their duty a lot.”

“You got it. I got to get ready for anything.”

Suddenly, they hear the sound of a young girl crying for help. They both see a light teal skinned girl with red hair and wearing a purple one piece swimsuit struggling in the water.

“Looks like she’s in trouble.” Timber realized as he takes of his shirt. “I’m going in. Doll, you grab the life preserver at the station.”

California Doll sees the preserver with a rope attached to it. “Gotcha. Be careful.”

Timber goes into the water and swims to the girl. As he comes to carry her, Doll rushes in with the preserver.

“Catch, Timber!” Doll calls out as she tosses the ring to Timber.

He places the life preserver through the girl.

“Hand on tight.” Timber said to the victim as he turns to his partner. “Okay, CD. Pull away!”

Nodding, California Doll pulls the rope, pulling the girl to shore. Minutes later, a female doctor examined the girl’s leg.

“You just had a cramp.” The doctor said. “Just get some rest.”

The girl nodded and turned to her rescuers. “Thank you, Timber. Thank you, California Doll.”

The two lifeguards high fived each other as the girl slowly walks away. Rainbow Dash and friends approached the station.

“We saw the whole thing, Timber.” Dash said with relief. “Everything okay?”

“Everything’s fine.” Timber replied. “Me and my partner here made a good team.”

Rainbow Dash and Applejack were both shocked. “The California Doll?” They both gasped.

“You were expecting your friend: Sunset Shimmer?” Doll said humorously.

“I didn’t know you’re friends with the California Doll, Sunny.” Applejack said.

“We beach girls do stick together.” Sunny stated.

“That’s a good point.”

"Speaking of points," California Doll informed, "here's a point to ponder. If birds who fly around the sea are called sea gulls, shouldn't birds who fly around the bay be called.." Everyone listened with anticipation. "bay gulls?"

Everybody laughed at that punchline.

"I forgot about the California Doll's Points to Ponder." Rainbow said as she chuckled.

"They are quite a hoot." Applejack added.


Classic joke from GLOW

LITTLE EGYPT: How come Hollywood and Vine do not take up forgery?
CALIFORNIA DOLL: Because they can't write that small with spray cans.

PreviousChapters Next