• Published 10th Mar 2020
  • 344 Views, 0 Comments

A Pie's Mind's Eye - DroshinNote



Just the everyday life of Ponyville's own Pinkamina Diane Pie. Baking cakes, throwing parties, and checking up on her friends.

  • ...
 0
 344

A time for relaxation!

Pinkie stood in front of the large ornate double doors that led to the serving hall. Inside most likely sat Twilight, a hangover Trixe, equally hung over Luna, and two young mares who were probably amused by the hungover alicorn. Usually Pinkie would of busted in through the doors with a loud “GOOD MORNING EVERYPONY!” but she was honestly still a bit tired from last night's party. Usually she would allow herself an hour of extra sleep on these mornings but she had something she needed to talk to Twilight about. This mourning she would claim her reward for planning such a successful party the previous night. All she had to do was make sure that Twilight was ok, and her talk with Luna had actually happened as planned. Pinkie had seen Twilight lending her shoulder to the intoxicated alicorn and helping her to her room the night prior, but that didn’t mean Twilight had actually gotten the chance to talk things out with her. Pinkie let out a sigh and pushed the doors in front of her open.

Inside the room she could see the five ponies she expected to see all sitting around a long table that was stacked with breakfast items. The spread of which varied from simple dishes like pancakes all the way to fancy crepes . Pinkie was honestly impressed with the spread. “Oh, this is going to be tasty!” she said more to herself then the others in the room as she bounded to one side of the table, grabbing a plate and settling it on her nose like a seal. She then went down the table grabbing a bit of everything, saying hi to each of the ponies sitting at the table as she passed them. First she greeted Luna who was currently half asleep over a plate of french toast. Seated to Luna’s left were Diamond Tiara and Sunbeam Melody, both of which were enjoying some extremely fruity breakfast items as they chatted amongst themselves.Pinkie wasn’t quite sure though considering the amount of whipped cream on each of their plates. Towards the middle of the table she found Trixie, who looked a bit like Luna at the moment, though the plate she was falling asleep over was filled with hay bacon and buttered toast. Finally she got to the opposite end of the table as she balanced a plate towered with food on her nose. With a quick hop she bumped the plate into the air and let it fall in front of her as she took her seat. The contents of the plate miraculously didn’t shit that much and stayed in it’s leaning tower form. Pinkie took a second to admire her work before she turned to the only pony she had not greeted this morning. “Hey Twilight. Nice breakfast line up.” Pinkie said as she leaned forward and took a bite out of her tower. She wasn’t too sure what she just got out of the pile, though it tasted of strawberry and carbs.

“Good morning Pinkie.” Twilight said in a cheerful mood. Pinkie felt relief rush over her. If Twilight was in a good mood then she must have talked with Luna. Though Pinkie still had her doubts. Luna was quite trashed the night before and Pinkie wasn’t sure if Twilight even could have had a proper talk with her fellow alicorn.

“You seem pretty cheery. Does that mean your talk with Luna went well? I hope it went well, I can’t take away a party that already happened.”

Twilight responded with a nod, then stopped, looked over at the other end of the table and leaned over to Pinkie. “Truth be told I didn’t really talk to Luna about why she came back. But I did find two good sources of information last night.” Pinkie took one more bite of her breakfast pillar before leaning over to let Twilight whisper her tale of information gathering. “So I started talking up Diamond Tiara and the other mare Luna brought with her, Sunbeat I believe her name is. According to them Luna just wasn’t ready to leave the throne in the first place. She kind of just followed Princess Celestia’s lead, you know? Apparently coming back to the throne wasn’t even her idea at first, it was Diamond Tiara’s. That and I hear that retirement really wasn’t for her. Sunbeat told me that she got really bored with it.”

“See, I told you it was nothing to worry about.” Pinkie leaned over a bit more to give her friend a quick and affectionate hug, which Twilight returned without hesitation. “Now, about my reward for last night...”

“With how last night went I don’t I can’t say no to some kind of thank you. Though I am curious what exactly you want as a reward.” Twilight leaned over the plate of simple chocolate chip pancakes, levitating her fork and knife so she could continue eating.

“Oh it won’t be anything big...” Pinkie started, finally ready to get what she wanted out of this trip from the moment she got on the train.

_________________________________________________

Pinkie leaned back into the soft pillows of the large bed she had been given. Above her was a long rope attached to a bell hanging from the ceiling. Reaching upward she gave it a quick tug, letting the bell ring for a moment. As if in perfect synch with the bell, a gray pony dressed as a butler entered the room.

“Good evening Miss Pie, may I ask what you require?” The pony questioned.

“A large cup of hot cocoa. OH! And at least 5 more really soft pillows. The ones made in Cloudsdale. Also some relaxing music would be nice, like if you have a record player with some soft jazz music, that would be great. Also, you can just call me Pinkie you know!”

As Pinkie finished the butler gave a curt and polite bow, “Then you can call me Fine Silver. I shall bring your requested Items post haste.” Fine Silver then backed out the door as Pinkie wiggled a bit in the bed, getting comfortable.

Twilight had been a bit surprised when Pinkie had asked for just a simple day of rest and relaxation, but didn’t question the request too much. Pinkie wondered what Twilight thought she would have wanted. After some pondering Pinkie shrugged off the thoughts. Now was not the time for thinking, now was the time for daydreaming, relaxing, and letting other ponies serve you Hot Cocoa. Pinkie gave a content sigh as she wrapped the blanket around herself. She had earned this, truly she had. She was working extra hard back home with the influx of creatures of all races moving into town, and even on her first chance in a few weeks to get away, her trip to see Twilight, she had ended up working. Honestly she didn’t doubt that there would be more parties to plan when she got back. She had heard a rumor of a yak family that was thinking of visiting the town to house shop. One measly day to be lazy, and sleep through the afternoon was definitely what she needed. “I earned this...” She mumbled as she felt her eyes grow heavier. Soon she would drift off to sleep, replaying the last few days in her head as she dreamed.

Author's Note:

Well that turned out to be longer then I thought it would be. For those who got through this fic, Thank you. I hope you enjoied it! :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment